Thread: HTC Sensation 4G Smartphone

HTC Sensation 4G Smartphone

The HTC Sensation 4G is the latest high-end device from HTC in the Android segment. The manufacturer supplies the phone with Google Android OS 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) from. The HTC Sensation 4G also has 3.0-sense with a sensible adaptation of the Android operating system. Might normally ship the Smartphone manufacturer, the Google operating system without graphical and functional adaptations to their own devices, however, manufacturers like HTC by Sense 3.0, the ability to stand out from the crowd of Android smart phones. Other vendors such as Samsung and Motorola offer with Touchwiz with Motoblur to such extensions. This new model will include a range of advanced innovative features, beginning with an exclusive touch-screen and extending the presence of dual-core processor.

While these critics acknowledge the additional add-on software functions, but must be adapted to the modified surface to new software versions - this is one of the reasons why offer Android Smartphone manufacturer updates sometimes with a significant delay for the customer. Another point of criticism is the extra power, the so requires a complex add-on software. Google has now announced that in future updates more quickly and also deliver to the various modular devices. This strategy could reduce the update latency significantly in future.

At first glance, there is a similar design but different in a rounded head and feet, and a slightly curved screen. Although the feeling does the same screen size as the Desire HD, it is less fat than its cousin in width. If I had to give my opinion on the physical handling of materials, I would cite a preference for the Nexus S, the curves follow the contours of the hand. The HTC Sensation has a good grip, however, I find it too strict. In addition, the shell surrounding the mobile would be reflected almost like armor. One because it is aluminum, offering resistance against shocks, and by his detachment, because when you detach the shell - you turn almost bare to reveal its anatomy.

Specification
    • 2.3.3 + HTC Android Gingerbread Sense 3.0
    • S-LCD touch screen 4.3-inch (Multi-Touch & Gorilla Glass)
    • Processor Qualcomm MSM8260@1.2 GHz (dual-core)
    • Adreno 220 graphics chip
    • 768 MB RAM
    • 1 GB of internal memory (MicroSD + support)
    • 8 megapixel camera + flash (Dual LED)
    • 1,080 p video recording
    • 0.3-megapixel front camera
    • Wi-Fi (b / g / n) / Bluetooth 3.0 / GPS
    • Dolby Mobile & SRS / DLNA / FM Tuner
    • Accelerometer / Gyroscope
    • Ports: 3.5 mm jack, microUSB & MicroHDMI (2 in 1 = MHL)
    • Battery: 1520 mAh
    • Dimensions: 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3mm
    • Weighs 148 grams (with battery)

Re: HTC Sensation 4G Smartphone

Design

No need to hide it, the high-end smart phones Android, HTC Sensation is the one that stands out the most with a good design, simple and elegant. The materials are well chosen and exemplary finish. It should be noted over a unibody that covers the entire back. Moreover, as I write this test and you will see the photos under the back cover are the connectors and the coup, rumors indicate a possible antenna-like gate for the iPhone and 4 this, holding it in some way. Quite honestly, when I had the problem with the iPhone 4, I have not noticed so with the way I hold the Smartphone, so I'm a little missed.

Otherwise, returning to the finish, I liked the soft touch side has the advantage of being a bit anti-slip, except in my hands. I do not know why I had trouble with his grip, perhaps this is due to the rounded back that contrasts with the competition. Matter of habit, I guess. In addition, as is often the case with the devices of the brand in Taiwan, it will remove the back cover to access the microSD slot and port SIM.

Screen and Interface

The screen of the HTC Sensation 4G is one of the best I've ever seen on an Android device. He is sharp, bright, and clear and the colors are impressive. The curved glass is another plus because it not only protects the screen when it is upside down stores, it also adapts very well to the face while on the phone one. The super-LCD of HTC Sensation has a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels, 16:9 format, this is called a Q-HD - hardly any other Android device solves currently so high. Also, the pixel density of 256ppi is comparatively high, a Galaxy achieves only 233ppi - but for now remains of the Class 4 with the iPhone Retina technology and 326ppi. On the left spine are volume buttons and the MHL port (HDMI + MicroUSB) then you will not find anything on the right spine.

On the edge of the bottom is just a small latch to open the back cover while on the edge of the top you will find the power button and standby with a 3.5 mm jack. And finally the back, the NPC with two LEDs for flash. Note also a speaker as well as holes that will be used for noise reduction and more. Compared to standard resolution of 480 × 800, the HTC Sensation 4G offers QHD resolution and I did not notice any slowdowns, it is fluid and the up scaling does not impact on the performance of the device. Moreover, it is somewhat surprising since in the test quadrant, the HTC Sensation offers a score slightly below 2000 while the next two Tegra smart phones, we are more in 2500/2600 and it is not count on the Samsung S2 Galaxy blithely exceeding 3300 points.

Hardware

The new high-end device is made by HTC with a 1.2-GHz processor ( Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon equipped), it has two cores. As a graphic unit Adreno-220-GPU is used. The 4.3-inch screen is based on Sony's super-LCD technology, which is compared to conventional mobile phone LCDs provide truer colors with less power consumption. In a direct comparison with a super display of the Samsung AMOLED Galaxy have advantages and disadvantages of both techniques. Although the so Super AMOLED offers brighter colors and better viewing angles, super-LCD trumps but with true-colors and above all fine details drawn.

The HTC Sensation has 768 MByte RAM and 1 GByte local storage. Supplied with an 8-gigabyte memory card is included, this can be upgraded up to 32 gigabytes. This quiet actually a big storage space for videos, music and apps. As HSPA 3G data interface is used, then in up to 14.4 Mbps ( HSDPA , download) and up to 5.76 Mbps ( HSUPA , upload) possible. As more data interface, the HTC sensation wireless-n and Bluetooth 3.0 ( A2DP ). About the USB connector on the device, video can be passed directly to a suitable output device via a suitable HDMI adapter - this can be viewed holiday videos on the phone to the family celebration on TV with an HDMI connection. Devices with DLNA compatibility can even be supplied with wireless content.

HTC Sense 3.0

HTC announced that the OS will run Sensation 4G with the operating system Android 2,3. The OS will be integrated with the new version of the user interface HTC Sense. Confirmed the previous information that the HTC Sensation 4G will be equipped with a 4.3-inch Super-LCD QHD (960 x 540) touch screen and dual-core 1.2 GHz chip with Qualcomm.

The HTC has a brand new HTC Sensation 4G Sense 3.0 user interface, in addition to Android. She seems very familiar, even though HTC has made some unique and interesting changes. Firstly, the carousel effect on the home screen when you move quickly through the various screens. If you look closely enough, or it turns easily, you can see this great 3D effect. Unfortunately, the HTC phone app was not updated, this app has never liked me. Personally, I think it's not good, as superimposed on the keyboard, the list of recent calls and address book.

Multimedia

The largest HTC Sensation 4G (feeling) will be on its functionality, the phone is positioned as a multimedia device. The official announcement was announced - a Smartphone, built from scratch for unlimited multimedia possibilities. HTC Sensation 4G offers a screen 4.3 "with a resolution 540 × 960 or QHD, which means a higher density of pixels compared to the Samsung S Galaxy 2 for example that offers a resolution of 480 × 800. In practice, other web pages, you will not see significant difference between the two resolutions. As you know, this is an S-LCD and not a Super AMOLED Plus, as a result, you can imagine the obvious difference in contrast. Attention, this is not necessarily a bad thing, since the colors are more satisfied at the expense of better use in the sun. For cons, the viewing angles are very low compared to an AMOLED screen, so you end up with washed out colors when it is in front of the Smartphone.

Coming back, I remind you that the new resolution is rather handy when it's optimized, which was not the case with Motorola Atrix. Indeed, it is in use you will find that QHD resolution allows you to have more contacts displayed, a little display in a web browser and also a better definition if you do not want to zoom in and icons finer level of the display. For sound, nothing special in itself, it is a bit strong and saturated, but in my case, I did very little used, focusing on headphones, which I discovered a pretty good sound and space through optimization brings optimizations SRS.

Camera

Despite the 8 megapixel with dual LED flash and a 1.3 megapixel camera for video, I remind you that this is a Smartphone sensor and therefore, as usual, it helps out and everything but it still does not replace a real camera. You can also record videos in 1080p in MPEG-4 wrapped in a *. 3GP. HTC Sensation 4G offers a battery of 1520mAh and honestly with the size that makes the overlay Sense and all entertainment, I thought that autonomy would take a hit.

Videos can be recorded in the 1080p format at 30 frames per second, however, come from the full HD resolution based on very short micro-stuttering. This phenomenon also exists in the Galaxy S2 by Samsung. We suspect that the stuttering occurs when writing data to the memory. One chooses smaller resolutions that still offer very good quality, the micro-stuttering disappear entirely during playback on the Smartphone. The quality of HD video has been depending on lighting conditions, good to very good. 1080p video via Flash on websites but have nothing to with the camera, but rather to do with the processor, but here the HTC Sensation 4G reaches its limits, and the video is like a slideshow. The 720p format playback, however, is not an issue - here it is on par with the Galaxy S2.

Conclusion

The HTC sensation of 4G is a great Android device. It combines some of the latest features with the best sense surface. All this in a solid unibody with brilliantly clear QHD display and much more. It fits comfortably in the hand and feels like a quality product. It's fast, it is powerful. It is undoubtedly my absolute favorite of the Android devices.

Although battery life is still a weak point, however, this applies to almost every high-end Smartphone with Android. Like the Galaxy S2 reached the term of the HTC Sensation 4G in normal operation now for two days, given the recent generations is a quantum leap. Needless to say, the HTC Sensation is a fairly complete unit. The comparison with the Samsung S2 Galaxy is inevitable and even if the performance side, the monster of Samsung wins hands down, the interface Sense 3.0 is much nicer than TouchWiz is a matter of choice.

In terms of multimedia, no big surprises at the pictures and music, the music player software works well and I liked its design overall . I must admit that I have not tested more than that since the FM tuner works like all FM tuners of smart phones. Besides, the finish is exemplary and the design of the most successful, self-reliance rather good, it's a real pleasure to have this device in the hands and even more use as part of a use normal, the feeling has never been found wanting, either in terms of internet browsing, multimedia or otherwise. Despite these shortcomings, the HTC Sensation is a great value along with models from Samsung, LG and Motorola and for those who had doubts about the dual core processor from Qualcomm.