Thread: Dell Alienware M14x Laptop

Dell Alienware M14x Laptop

There are a couple of new things to be spoken about this laptop and the 14 inch laptop is definitely making its name in the market with a good processor Core i7 2630M Processor 2GHz and as you all know all the earlier laptops like M11X would be a hit with the gamers. Now if you are thinking that why it is named as 14X then the results are not surprising its elder brother with 15 screen is named as M15x. It sounds to be a one of the faster laptop that is being produced by the dell people.

One thing that you would have to bother is the price of the laptop the price of the laptop is charged anywhere around US $2,254.25.

Now I just want to give a brief information about the configuration of the laptop this laptop includes the a high-end Intel Core i7 2820QM CPU, plus it has got Nvidia GeForce GT555M GPU, RAM is of 8GB, Hard Disk is of 750GB. This configuration is enough for you to understand why this laptop would be a beast among all the other laptops.
    Lets have a look at its design

Design

Well the design of the laptop is nothing much to talk about. Well it has the same angular, almost automotive design look that has been seen in all its earlier laptops like M11x and the laptops could have been given a more upscale feel but the designers have restricted its look to minimal and modern look, so if you compare the design of the laptop with the other high end laptops these days then you will not be impressed at all.

I wish it could have been a bit slimmer because it measures 30.5mm and also the weight of the laptop which is 3 kg, I wish they could have reduced it to a bit less but the developers have done nothing much here.

The keyboard has tapered keys which could give more spaces in between to type and even the keys prove to be a good one for the gamers especially each letters have individual spaces in between so that it will make game playing experience much better. The backlit keyboard will give you much better lighting support that will be essential while gaming.

I had a look at the touchpad and I must say all the laptop manufacturer’s today have come up with some of the good touchpads In the industry. The smooth, matte texture on the touchpad feels great under your fingers, and the two large, distinct mouse buttons are also worth it.

Features

Now lets shift our attention towards the features of the laptop, what new it has to offer and in what terms.
    As I have said it earlier the screen is of 14 inch and the screen resolution is of 1,366 x 768-pixel resolution, it would be better if they could have moved to the full 1,920 x 1,080-pixel resolution, anyways this resolution is also ok. The built in speakers are also good and better than the earlier one’s.

The developers have concentrated more on the video quality hence they have given triple video-out setup of HDMI, VGA, and Mini DisplayPort, however one thing that is missing is the high speed data ports but they have compromised that with a pair of usb 3,0 connection ports.

Now in addition to all that you will be getting useful optional wireless display antenna, bundled with a Vizio-branded receiver, that will allow you to show the action from the laptop to a big screen tc. Quite a interesting feature.

Performance and battery life

Now the plus point of the laptop is that it has the Intel Core i7 2820QM processor that makes it much different then the other 14 inch laptops. It is so powerful that it will be fair to compete with the apple high end macbook pro. The support of Nvidia GeForce GT555M will prove to be one good for gaming, we tested some high end games like Mafia II, at 1,600 x 900-pixel resolution and with maximum graphics settings it gave me some good encouraging results i.e of 34.2 fps. We checked some multimedia tasks and it did respond very well and also it was very quick to reply in multitasking activities, even the image processing was much faster.

If we talk about the battery life let me tell you frankly that it is of no use expecting much from the gaming laptop because most of them do not give encouraging results but with this laptop you can expect some good and descent results because of the good intel processor and even the battery size is reduced. So you can expect a run time of 2 hours 42 minutes with the continuous usage of the laptop. So in terms of battery life it has much improved.

Conclusion
    Of all the tests done on it, it has come up with some lightening results, which makes me think how good it would be to test it with the apple macbook as well. It would be interesting to see the competition. In terms of performance it does exceeds much above to your expectations and also the battery life, the graphics quality is cool. Plus it comes with a one year warranty. Support staff is good and hence the overall rating that I would like to give it to the Alienware M14x is 4/5.

Re: Dell Alienware M14x Laptop

Wow... its really look awesome can you please whether I can find this laptop in India, also update me about the price, Can i get a customize laptop? Do Alienware have a higher model than M14x ?
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil