Thread: OSMOS Game for iPad & iPod

OSMOS Game for iPad & iPod

Become the Biggest - Get those glittering living balls and alien life forms on touch of your finger. Hemisphere has provided an version of OSMOS for iPad and iPhone. The game is already released for desktop and that creates a doubt in my mind that how can all be managed on a small Touchscreen of iPod. Hemisphere has nicely justify the gameplay and controls on the same. The game works without worries can keep your engage for hours. No big guns and vehicles just a black background with cosmos look rotating on your screen and absorbing the universal energies. Simple and Sober but yet powerful and enjoyable. iPhone and iPad are quiet famous for the touch interface. Touchscreen technology on this device game a very different look for gadgets and Smartphone’s. And things to fear for a game or app is that the scene should calibrate properly with the interface. Or else the same becomes a annoyance.

OSMOS mostly sounds similar to COSMOS which means Universe. Hemisphere Team tries their best to give the game an entirely different identity. What makes OSMOS an wonderful game. It is the simplicity and the levels that entirely new with an fresh look. The game demands a great patience. You move the Mote you have to top next to it in the form of North, East, West and South control. When you tap the Mote is propelled to the opposite direction to avoid contact and eat the smaller one. If you tap too hard or fast the Mote shrinks in size as it move forward. OSMOS allows a full use of the Touchscreen.

Reasons why to play OSMOS ?

There is not one reason that I can give you to buy this game for iPod/iPad. Below are some reason that according to me suits to buy OSMOS.
    • The first is that you get around 47 Levels in the game to play. 47 Levels offers quite a long gameplay. And things are not finished yet, by playing and wining levels you get an chance to unlock newer Bonus Content hidden somewhere in the game. It is also possible to play random levels from between.
    • Hemisphere also intended to provide you a much a better soundtrack and a quality one in common with the game mood. Electronic Soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and others. Everything in the game has been made exclusive for better approach. An $10 price for OSMOS is much better than any other game. Hemisphere has provided some offers for first hundreds or users. A limited offer has been provided for some first users who will get a free copy of Latest Album by High Skies, Sounds of Earth. Good for Electronic Music Lovers.
    • The game is DRM Protected and Region free. This means that you will never find this on a Cydia or anywhere on forums. Second wherever you stay you can play and buy the game. It is region free and you do not need to worry while you are traveling. Purchase the same from anywhere it works like ease.

Re: OSMOS Game for iPad & iPod

Gameplay :

OSMOS keeps it identity same with an ambient gaming experience which no other game can give you so easily. With just some simple tap no your iPhone and iPad screen you can control those glittering balls carrying the galaxy in them and keep absorbing other forms. This explains somehow the working of Universe. You will float through Zero Gravity screen and the tapping lets you to give a slit push. A harder can make you a part of other world or form. Mote is the character in the game. It floats freely in the space surrounded strange and different worlds. At first the Mote is small but as it comes in contact with other it consumes it energy and grow bigger. The game continuous till you become larger and eat up the opponent. The game is equipped with tons of modes and objectives. There is only one rule that you follow is the you must not come in touch with other or you will be a part of infinite. The largest Mote in the end survivors and wins.

When I First Played OSMOS

There is really a big difference when you watch a video or trailer of game and when you play it. Your eyes can easily understand what you were looking for actually. I had played some few minutes of the game which want to describe. The first thing I want to tell that I really like the game. OSMOS can let you glued to your screen for hours and hours. The only motto is to become the biggest. I had described below some points for the gameplay of Demo version which can clearly give you an idea what you will have to do in OSMOS.

First when you run the setup within few clicks the game is on your desktop screen. Launch it and you get the starting quote “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction – Sir Isaac Newton”. That made remember of my science class. I was really bad in that. When the screen begins it really feels that you are peeing from a Microscope on a sheet of glass which has tons of tons alien organism floating freely and trying to each other to become bigger. You are a Blue Mote. Against you at first I found Red ones and Dark Pink one. Eating the smaller makes you bigger. You have to control your direction. The more faster you propel the more you shrink.

The gameplay with sublime music reminds gives a an Sci-Fi feeling. Colors music and control are much better that what I was expecting. Then I played the same on a iPad and surprisingly it is much much better. I bet you will going to enjoy a simple game of 47 levels. I was hoping Hemisphere would have increase more higher levels. The music is just an final touch to the game. Anyhow directly or indirectly the game describes the formation of life forms and their survival. There are other more life forms introduced in the game which I will really know when I play them for more them.

I will also not emphasis that this game is for children it is almost for all. The game needs a bit patience. Talking about the game ratings, they are really good. The official website of OSMOS can give ample of results for the high acclaimed and support. I will recommend you all to have a demo once and play the same on your screen. There is really not a very big difference on iPad and iPod. Just a minor difference is with the screen scrolling which at higher levels can make small glowing bulbs on iPod only. I had posted some screen-shots below that I played.

Free Game Demo of OSMOS

And if you have a doubt on the gameplay still then there is a chance for Windows and Mac users to get a free game. Go to the below link and download a free demo for the game. Play it and then decide whether you want the same to buy or not. This was my first step when I heard about the game. Before going to run the same in my iPod I planned to have a look on the same first for the PC version and then decide the difference in the gameplay. It is possible to play in full screen and window mode. You can change the settings of mouse and keyboard tool. You can go in Options and modify your screen settings. I had posted a small screenshot of controls that you will really need.

A simple 8MB download OSMOS gives you an clear idea about the game and its objectives.

OSMOS Windows Demo

OSMOS MAC Demo

OSMOS Keyboard Controls

Overview on some Levels and Game Modes :

As you keep on passing you get more and more tougher levels where you have to absorb various other life forms. Like a Repeller, Biophobe, etc. Hemisphere has kept the entire Universe in tap of your hands. Have a look on the screenshots of the game. I did not went much further but surely will play with my own full version. I found OSMOS is an very special game. There are lots of thing to be still explained in this. The best thing is that you does not need some major skills to play the game and understand the controls. Just by simple m use clicks you are on your way. The game is based on the principle of Gravity, Molecular interventions, science facts, etc. There are around 8 Gameplays provided in Cosmos. Each has an incorporation with the previous idea. To get all the modes you have to finish up the game in the Odyssey campaign.

You can start playing the same in Arcade mode and game some overview at the start. More tougher challenges wait for you ahead. There is around Nine Levels in the game and the same keeps getting harder. New Life Forms, new Structure and harder way to survive. Some beginning modes just guide you how to play and basic tricks. Be Big and Win the Game or smiles will absorb you leaving you disappear in the OSMOS. Other modes are away from now, and there is a much newer approach in each of them. I had not going in detail but found some videos which describes them properly.

Moving some further you will also get an challenge to face the Intelligent Life forms that are smarter to survive. I will really appreciate Hemisphere's effort for properly calibrating the controls with iPod and iPad.

OSMOS Screenshots

Mouse Scroll Zoom

--------------

Absorb

--------------

--------------