Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Mobile Phone

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Mobile Phone

The xperia Arc from sony Ericsson has finally hit the market. Though it was not a much awaited phone but things like having a Android 2.3 in it definitely made some news about it. Now here in this review section we will have a look at its sleek design and also the camera of the phone which I have heard is worth looking for. So here is a first look of the Smartphone.

On having a first look at this Smartphone I bet that you have never seen such a Smartphone in the market. Its body is very slim, Measuring 8.7mm. one more great feature of this phone is the Android 2.3 operating system. All of this does adds some vital points to the phone. So first lets have a look at the design of the phone.

Design
    As I said above the design of the phone is very slim with 8.7mm at its thinnest point, well the thinnest point of this Smartphone is somewhere on the center and also if you have a look at its body they are mostly made of plastic. So nothing great to mention about the built. As the built of the Smartphone is ok and while holding it does happen to sometime slip from the hand because of the slippery nature of its body. So you will have to be careful while holding the phone better keep a good carrier otherwise your phone might slip out of the hands.

The display is 4.2-inch which actually produces screen resolution of 854 x 480 pixels, though it does not have the feature of AMOLED screen but the screen certainly does produce some good quality images and video with good vibrant colors which I quite liked and even you too. So no complains in that department.

Now let’s see how it is structured how well they have managed the buttons and the screen buttons in the Smartphone. Just below the screen we can find three physical buttons which are Back, Home and Menu. As the Sony people are really kind to the music lovers so they will always keep a dedicated volume buttons on the right edge, camera shortcut and micro usb port are also present there. One interesting thing about the phone is the LED lights that indicate you whether the phone is charging or if it is fully charged.
    The headphone slot is found on the left edge which I think could have been better if they had placed it on the top of the phone. However that position is occupied by the HDMI port and the power button. The 8 megapixel camera is nicely positioned with an led flash light at the back of the phone.

Connectivity
    As it is a Sony phone it will host several connectivity features such as HSPA which is required for any high speed data transfers and is especially beneficial for the 3G technology, it will deliver you some good speeds, A-GPS it will help you in the navigation facility, wifi Bluetooth are present as default. So all these features will ensure that you keep in touch with the outside world.

Features
    One of the most talked about feature of this Smartphone is the android 2.3 operating system. So let’s see what new it has to offer for the Smartphone. You will get to see a cursor that is very user friendly, it will act as a onscreen marker that will allow you to select the text as well as cut and paste items in the file, believe me it is so user friendly that while operating it you will not face any glitches. One more positive point of the gingerbread operating system is that it will give you detailed information of the storage and also the battery of the phone. At every point of time it will give you some development tools to work on with so that you can get to know what are the applications that you can make use of. However it is sad to see that the onscreen keyboard of gingerbread has been replaced by the custom version of the Sony Ericsson’s implementation.

The Timescape widget will add all your social networking updates on a single point. So a single will touch will get you updated about the outside world. It also has a effective method by which you would be able to create a new folder just by dragging an icon over another.

Camera
    Now coming to the most interesting piece of asset in this Smartphone. The 8 megapixel camera with Exmor R CMOS sensor does provides you some optimum clarity that none of the 8 megapixel camera’s can give. We did take some pictures with this camera and the clarity was awesome, even the camera speed was fast, it shoots with the backside-illuminated sensors that provides you some good quality digital image. The camera is superb and I bet you will love taking pictures with this phone.

Memory
    If we have a look at the memory then I will say that it is sufficient. The internal memory is 320 MB, it consists of expandable memory up to 32GB, it has got a descent RAM of 512MB. Which I think could have been better if they have arranged for a 1GB ram.

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Mobile Phone

Performance
    Let’s see how well does this perform in terms of call clarity, it has got a small mic at the bottom of the phone which cuts off extra noise while talking and hence the voice clarity is awesome, no dropped calls were experienced during the testing period, so it scores well there.

The battery life of this Smartphone is average which gives you a talk time battery life of 3 hours while the stand by time of the battery is up t0 430 hours. The battery life could have been better.

All the applications do work smoothly in the phone because of the 1GHz Qualcomm processor present in the Smartphone. If some expandable memory for the ram was reserved then it could have been much better. Anyways with the present configuration it does perform reasonably well, no lag backs and all.

Conclusion
    Coming to the conclusion. I think you have enjoyed this phone as much as I did. The phone does looks to be very interesting and it is designed especially to those who would like to do some serious stuffs along with some good entertainment. It is not for the business kind of people but it is for the present generation who does like to dream big. The phone scores well with the android 2.3, the 8 megapixels camera and the sleek design which does capture the attention. Overall rating from my side would be around 4/5. Worth having it.