Thread: Samsung Galaxy 10.1V

Samsung Galaxy 10.1V

Samsung has finally decided to introduce its latest name in the tablet market and that is the Samsung galaxy 10.1. Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 which comes with the vodafone connection is named as Samsung galaxy 10.1V. what has it got to flaunt it to all the users, the answer is a big one and that is the Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system for the tablet. I think this is a great initiative taken by the samsung people and time by time they are producing some good android phones for the people.

So having a overall look at the features of the tablet we can say that it has a 8 megapixel camera with a 2 mega pixel camera in the front. The downside is that it has excluded HDMI or DLNA port and also the micro sd card support is missing in the phone. It is interesting to see that even the iPad 2 people do not have the same features in their tablet. So this is what I can say about the formal introduction of the tablet.
    Now its time to have a more close look on the tablet to start with lets start with the design of the tablet.

Design
    The Samsung galaxy 10.1V tab does appears to be much slimmer and has an attractive curvacious look at the rear. It has a 10 inch display with glossy black bezel and the rear of the phone is covered by a texture plastic and a moulded grip that will give the best comfort for you. Overall the phones does looks impressive and has a much flaunted look for all its customers.
    Now as i have said earlier that the tablet does not come with a micro sd card slot, no HDMI port and also no micro usb port. Overall the tablet has only three ports such as a sim card slot, headphone slot and a charger port. It is basically a sealed device and does not come with a replaceable battery.
    Now shifting our attention to the display of the tablet. Samsung galaxy 10.1 as a good lcd screen though it misses the AMOLED feature which is prevalent in the samsung galaxy phones but we cannot complain much about it because the screen is sharper and much brighter with a crystal clear picture view. The screen has a 1,280 x 800 (WXGA) resolution that will throw out some bold and beautiful colors that will gather your attention. Even in the brightest of the sunlight the screen is much brighter and we are able to see any image without any strain. The screen is covered by ultra glossy glass that will prevent the reflection of any image.

Features
    The main feature of this tablet is the Google's Honeycomb operating system. Those who have used the earlier versions of the android will get to know what is it like owning a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. it has got some new experiences and a relatively easy interface that will allow you to choose any notification or the menu button with the touch. No need to navigate from one page to the other. I must say that the Samsung has made an optimal use of the big screen to fit in all the shortcuts.

The tab offers you almost five customizable home screens, the notifications bar is at the bottom, also one more important thing to note here is that on the bottom left you would be able to find software navigation keys; Back, Home and Multitasking keys as well. So instead of scrolling the screen with the fingers you just need to touch the button on the left side or the right side and you will be done with the navigation. So you can see how simple is the navigation.

The only negative point that I found with the honeycomb operating system is that it host thousands of applications but many of the applications are not made with the intention of fitting it in the screen. Many of the applications does gets appeared but they operate in a small corner of the screen which makes the application experience not encouraging. Even if you open any social networking websites like facebook and twitter then you would be able to see the text in a very small fonts and hence the web experience is also much not appreciated. Overall I can say that utilization of the screen is not so well managed in terms of the application usage. Let’s hope that all this matter does gets solved with the latest updates from the Samsung people.
    However it also has got a good section of tools for you. You will be provided with the good set of standard tools like gmail and Google maps. Plus you will also get a good high definition music player that supports almost all types of music files. Believe me it’s a really cool thing in the tablet. With the support of QuciktimeOffice HD you would be able to carry out all the activities of the office life much easily.

Connectivity and Media support
    Connectivity has to be a main thing in this tablet and it handles this department very efficiently. The web browsing experience in the tablet is really quick and does not lag anywhere. It is powered by a dual core processor and hence I must say that it works really well with all kind of HD videos. So the connectivity is well managed with the support of wifi connection and also the EDGE and the GPRS service.

Talking about the media support you can click some pictures with a really good camera it has a 8 megapixel camera. Does provide some optimum clarity. Also the presence of the HD music player adds a cherry to the top of the cake. The only concern is the absence if the HDMI port. I think they are the most important thing especially when the sharing of the media comes into our mind. It is a reliable tool from which we can share any kind of media files. The memory of the tablet is limited up to 16GB which I feel can come to the shorter side, the absence of an expandable memory is truly felt in the tablet.

The galaxy tab 10.1V does have a Adobe flash 10.1 support along with it, it also has MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263 player and MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player. So all these things contribute to the media department of this particular tablet.

Performance
    If we talk about the performance of the tablet then let me tell you that with the presence of Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor it just races ahead of all the smart phones like htc desire hd, apple iPhone 4 and google nexus S. the browsing experience is lightening fast and I must say that it has set a benchmark which would be very difficult for the other tablets to achieve.
    Battery

The tablet has the Li-Po 6860 mAh battery which is not replaceable and gives a useable power for almost two to three days. So that’s quite impressive. I must say.

Conclusion
    With the release of the tablet in the market I must say that it has already become popular in the market. With the price range not being fixed which might be charged anywhere around $729. For its lightening performance, good camera, superb screen and the everlasting performance I must say that this tablet has everything to offer. It will definitely give a tough competition to the apple iPad 2. So overall rating from my side would be 4.5/5

Re: Samsung Galaxy 10.1V

Wow nice to hear about this reply and i must say that this tab certainly looks to be very interesting. The android honeycomb os certainly would add something great to the phone what an experience would be holding the phone. I am just dreaming about this particular tablet. It would be great if you would have mentioned something about the price. Anyways a good review made by you all guys thanks a lot for that.