Thread: Samsung series 9 Notebook

Samsung series 9 Notebook

Here comes a laptop with a 13.3 inch screen manufactured by Samsung. Before reading the entire review let me warn you about its price. It is priced quite high and that is at $1,649. So just a simple warning from my side. Ok, now some days ago even apple have released its apple macbook air even it has a good 13 inch screen. Though it is priced a bit low i.e. $1,299. It will definitely give a tough competition to the new Samsung series 9. So what is that Samsung series 9 has in it that makes it so pricey. So let’s have a look at it then

Functionality
    First let’s have a look at its functionality. The laptop is supported by Intel Core i5 processor, plus it has a 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD drive. So all these factors does contribute to the working of the laptop. The laptop performance is exceptional and I must say that it is very fast while booting up and also while shutting down. So no issues there. The macbook air having the same ssd and half memory size of ram is priced at $1,299. Let’s have a further look on the other features as well.

Design
    The design of the laptop is quite good I must admit and i am sure that you will not take your eyes out of it. With a Sleek brushed-black metal, plus a gracefully curved edges does gives the laptop a good edgy look and makes the laptop look very slim. On checking out the weight of the particular laptop the laptop does appears to be very light and weighs around 1.3Kg. On opening the laptop inside we find that it has got some glossy plastic trim spread around parts of the screen area. The build does looks good and solid. While opening the lid of the laptop it appears to be very smooth. Now let’s have a look on how the keyboard feels like while typing. The keyboard is also made of glossy plastic trim and I think that is the best material that we can give for the keyboard. The keyboard does appear to be very comfy while typing. It has got a AC adapter which is very tiny similar to that of the Smartphone’s these days. Now lets shift our attention towards the features of the laptop.

Features
    As I said above that the Samsung series 9 laptop has a good boot time and that is due to the ssd that they have in the system. The average booting time is around 24 seconds and I must say it is pretty quick. The matte finish does really help while viewing any images in the dark sunlight. The resolution of the screen is 1,366 x 768 pixels, also the viewable angles and the brightness of the laptop is quite exception I must say that, the best of the lot. The keyboard as I said above is quite comfy for hands. The multi touch is very responsive and it has the unique image-sensing technology that will give you a much better accuracy than any other click pad.
    The laptop is supported by a good stereo speakers which are reasonably loud and the output is enough for watching any movies or video chatting. The camera of the laptop is very good with a 1.3 megapixel camera it does give you a good picture quality.
    Managing the ports for connectivity has always been a challenge for the thin sized laptops. The same is the case here the laptop has got one usb 3.0 port, usb 2.0 port, one Ethernet port, HDMI, one big backdrop is that of the use of the microSD card slot. That will require you to make use of the card adapter every time when you want to transfer any media files from the external source to the laptop or vice versa.
    Battery and performance
    Let’s have a look at the memory first. It has been given a 128GB of SSD memory they have not thought of introduction of anything bigger than that. This space is ample for some but what if anyone who wants to put all the media files that he has got in the laptop. So for that reason the space for him/her would be too cumbersome. I think they must make some arrangement for256GB ssd. They have given the option to expand the ram memory till 8GB.
    The laptop is being powered by a Core i5-2537M processor which runs at 1.4 GHz. It is a low voltage processor, so doing some multiple tasks in this laptop would be a very difficult task. I even had a check with some of the benchmark results of this laptop. It was compared with the other core i5 processors and it was lagging behind in terms of multi tasking. Although I must say that the single task speed of the laptop is quite good and beats all of them quite handily.
    Coming to the graphics department it has the Intel second-generation integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics which is bound to give you some accelerated graphics performance. On having a test with the games like street fighter 4 and Unreal Tournament III it did give some good graphics performance and also a descent fps. It is only possible with the help of the intel graphics card that it has. So gaming experience was quite good for me.
    Talking about the battery life of the laptop. The battery of the laptop is the best part in it. it is able to achieve a battery life of 5 hours 22 minutes while playing videos which I think is incredible a feat which is not achieved by any of the laptops battery.

Conclusion
    The laptop does comes with a 3 year warranty supported by a much needed Samsung website and a customer care number for posting the complaints. Overall I think Samsung series 9 laptop does deliver well with its performance, it is exceptional with the looks, graphics and the battery life. It has got everything a good laptop must have. It must be your ideal choice to get one. one factor that will always count here is the price tag. The price in which it is tagged is quite high and its competitor apple macbook air for sure will be giving some tough blows to the Samsung series 9. If you ask me to rate this laptop then I would rate it at 4/5.

re: Samsung series 9 Notebook

Well the information provided was vital and based on the same I have decided to buy this laptop. Now the thing here is that I am a game addict so my query here is that is it possible for me to play the HD games like Assassins creed and WOW on this laptop. Actually I have a system at my home but it is failing to play all such latest games. So please help me out from this confusion over here and let me know what are possibilities in this one.