Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone
The Samsung Star II mobile phone would like to participate in the success of its predecessor Samsung GT-S5230 as a worthy successor in comparison. In a compact and handy form the Samsung Star II touchscreen phone is presented in fine ceramic white color (other colors to purchase in as well), starting at 115th - € (without contract, shipping and depending on the provider) with wireless, 3.2 MP camera and 1000 mAh battery support. 3-inch diagonal display is available, not much by today's standards, but typical for the low price range. Samsung's TouchWiz user interface is also inbuilt to ensure ease of operation. A memory expansion via Micro SD cards up to 16GB is supported. Pre-configured shortcuts to social networking services allow for easy communication with friends. With WLAN and fast n standard, and Bluetooth 3.0, the Samsung GT-S5260 is very well equipped mobile phone. The practical text input of Quicktype by t9-Trace, helps to write messages or emails quickly. How does the Samsung Star II GT-S5260 behaves in practical test, our report shows.
Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone - Attractive appearance
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - Compact dimensions make for a handy form and good surface quality.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Good material quality and value for money.
3. Housing dimensions - With a weight of 94g and dimensions of 108 x 54 x 12.4 mm it fits comfortably in your hand.
4. Quality (sharpness / resolution) of the display - Display Size: 7.62 inch, 3 inch display with 262,144 colors and a resolution of 240x400 pixels. Good color display, individual pixels are visible but on close inspection.
5. Implementation of the folding or sliding mechanism - NA.
6. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made of plastic and can be opened easily, and sits or closed precisely.
7. Supplied items - Manual, battery, charger, we point out the included accessories may vary by service provider. There is no headset included, but through the standard jack, you can use standard headphones with 3.5 mm. A USB cable is also present, and it costs is around 5.50 EUR on the internet.
8. Processing Features - The compact mobile phone has a mix of high-gloss plastic with chrome-look elements. With a handy form and light weight, it sits comfortably in the hand. The 7.62 cm screen with 262,144 colors also scores points for the Samsung Star II. The accurately fitting battery compartment lid is made up of plastic and scores for the Samsung Star II.
Back of The Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Smartphone
The battery compartment cover is made up of plastic
USB and headset connector for standard 3.5 mm jack plug
Re: Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone
1. Supported networks - Quad band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS (WCDMA 850/2100).
2. Data transmission - Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, Bluetooth with stereo audio streaming, Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / EDGE: Class 12 GPRS: Class 12th Super: The WLAN module is WPS (WiFi Protection Setup) capable, which has a router with push button function, can detect the Samsung Star 2 in 1 minute into the wireless home network. Alternatively, WPS is supported by PIN.
3. Reception and voice quality - The Samsung Star II GT-S5260 has a good reception quality, even if the network coverage sometimes is not so perfect. The voice playback sounds faithfully at medium to high volume and it is only minimally covered.
4. Voice quality of the speaker - At medium volume it is yet well understood. If the volume increases slight distortions must be expected, which are still acceptable.
5. Battery life (with normal use) - 1000 mAh battery, 3 to 4 days duration, which is neat.
6. Storage capabilities of Contacts - Contacts, groups: office, family, friends, non-allotted, Favorites, Add Name: first name, last name, contact store: phone, SIM card, phone number to add: mobile - mobile (private), mobile (work) Phone (Home ), telephone (work) Phone (Other) Video call (home), Video Call (work), Video Call (Others), Fax (Home), Fax (work), fax (Other), Car Phone, Other, Pager, DTMF; Add e-mail address: Home, Work, Other, Add-IN ID: Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Skype, Jabber, QQ, groups: office, family, friends, Create, ringtone, More Adding Fields: Address (private), address (work), address (other), Second first name, nickname, title, suffix, name, occupation, Internet Phone (Home), Internet phone (office), Internet phone (More), Push to Talk, Web address (private), address (work), address (other), department, name of the wizard, number of assistants, spouses, children, birthday, anniversary, memo.
7. Profile - Normal, Silent, Car, Meeting, Outdoor, the profiles are set and can easily be modified to meet individual requirements.
8. Calendar settings - View: List, Day, Month, Now, create: title, date and time: From / To, All day: on / off, event type: date, anniversary, location, participant: No, contacts, manual entry, alarm off, On time, 5 min before, 15 minutes before, 1 hour before, 1 day before 2 days before, 1 week in advance, adapt, Repeat: Off, daily, weekly, every 2 weeks, every month, every year, Memo; Settings: Calendar: custom calendars, sync calendars: add Web accounts: Exchange ActiveSync and Social Networks: Facebook, etc; Display: Month, Day, Week starts on: Saturday, Sunday, open, delete.
9. Notes feature - Create, Delete, Maximize / Minimize, Save, Send via: Message, Email, Bluetooth, background color change, keyboard settings: Text detection: on / off, T9™ Trace; Keyboard Type: QWERTY keyboard.
10. Built-in voice recorder (Dictaphone) - Settings: Memory: Phone, Memory Card, Standard name (voice, text or your own), recording time: Limit for MMS, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min, 60 minutes, 12 hours. The voice recorder surprises with an almost very good result. Recorded voices sound minimal metallic, but quite real and not distorted. Also in the background noise is hardly heard.
11. E-mail functionality - Connection Type: POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP. Setting an email account requires no skill and is done in a few steps, as pre-programmed to facilitate the input suppliers. Of course, in a few steps you can also manually enter an account. Emails are, only in a few seconds, recalled. Attachments are also represented uncompromising after a short download time. However, it all depends on the size of the attachment, how much time is needed and whether the Samsung Star II recognizes the format. Entrance, posted, source, designs, My folders, deleted, spam folder, account list, e-mail accounts: delete new; sending options: Standard Account, block emails: By address, by subject.
12. Internet functionality - The Samsung Star II requires some little time to load web pages. Techarena was loaded after 11 seconds on Edge. It takes long time for more complex pages. The BMW site was loaded on edge after 1 minute and 5 seconds. In a wireless-n network, it took to load Techarena in just 5 seconds. At BMW, it took over WLAN almost 12 seconds. However, if there are too many windows open, the Samsung Star II denies access to the selected pages and asks to close them because the memory gets full. The comfortable two-finger zoom for an enlarged view of works in the Samsung Star 2 is not implemented but can be expected in future. Zooming by in quick succession end double screen tap.
13. PC synchronization - The required USB cable are not included in the accessories and must be purchased. So after buying it, when you connect the mobile phone, it will appear to the PC gravel. Using the program, Outlook contacts and appointment as well as as music / photo / video files are also synchronized. The Samsung Star 2 is also detected as a mass storage for a very simple file transfer.
14. Other features - Social Hub (overview of news forms of communication), Samsung Apps (direct access to our own App Store), Search, Clock (alarm, world clock, timer, stopwatch), direct access to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, task, chat on Yahoo and Palringo. Additional features: dictionary, games and more (Google Maps, Parachute Panic, EDGE). The menu item "Play" leads directly into the Samsung and App Store here in the games department.
15. Business Result - This Samsung Star II GT-S5260 quad-band mobile phone with Wi-Fi provides Bluetooth and n wireless technology for fast data transfer. 3 to 4 days battery life is acceptable to the Samsung Star II. Calendar and contacts are to the usual standard. The pre-programmed profiles can be easily adapted to own needs. The voice recorder surprised with almost world-class results. An email account is pre-installed, thanks to suppliers created easily and retrieving the mail is also done within seconds. Even web pages are displayed fairly quickly from the Samsung Star II but opening elaborate site takes a little time. However, if there are too many pages open, it prompts you to close it. Uncompromising and perfect synchronization with Outlook is also done from the PC. The Samsung Star II has direct access to Samsung's App Store.
The Micro SD card slot and the lock button located on the side of mobile phone - which is very convenient
Re: Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone
1. Camera Equipment - 3.2 MP camera with digital zoom; mode: camera, video camera recording mode: Single, Smile, Scene modes: SCN Without, landscape, night, sports, party / indoor, beach / snow, sunset, dawn, autumn color, fireworks, text, candlelight, backlight, EV: -2 to +2; settings: Self-timer: Off, 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec; Resolution: 3.2M (2048x1536), 2M (1600x1200), 1.3 M ( 1280x960), 0.1M (320x240), W2, 4M (2048x1232), W1, 5M (1600x960), W0, 1M (400x240), White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Light metering: Matrix, Center, Spot , image quality: Very Fine, Fine, Normal, guides: on / off, check: a, 2 seconds, from a trigger-Sound: Sound 1, 2, 3, out; memory: phone, memory card, reset settings, post-processing options: Send via: Message, Email, Bluetooth, upload: Update List: Flickr, Facebook, Friendster, MySpace, Photobucket, Picasa, Bebo, FotkiHyves; Set as: wallpaper, caller picture, Edit: Adjust: Automatically adjust brightness / contrast, color; Effects: Filter (backlight always on, black and white, blur, color enhancement, fog, Milky, moonlight, negatives, color separation, sepia, sharpness, solarization, stamp); Style: Cartoon, stamping, light, magic pen, mirror, Noise, oil painting, color, markings, Spotlight, water color, Warp Effect: Distortion downward bias overall picture, mouth shrunken, mouth, raised face, raised balloon head, balloon head (light), distortion lower half, the distortion center, distortion rate effect; Partial blur, Transform: Resize: 18x24, 36x48, 54x72, 72x96, 90x120, 108x144, 126x168, 144x192, 162x216, 180x240; Turn: Horizontal, vertical, right, left, the picture; Add: text, clip art, Bluetooth printing from; Details: name, format, resolution, size, distribution, created on / around, place, media information: name, model, date.
2. Camera quality - Under normal lighting conditions, outdoors and indoors, the camera of the Samsung Star II made very good results. Colors and shapes are represented very well on an Apple iMac with a monitor resolution of FullHD and the contrast with conviction. One misses a flash - the photographed objects are visible only outline, color and contrast not hit the mark.
3. Video Camera Equipment - Recording Mode: Normal, news limitation, EV: -2 to +2; settings: Self-timer: Off, 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec; Resolution: 320x240, 176x144, White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy; Video Quality: Very Fine, Fine, Normal, guides: on / off, memory: phone, memory card, reset settings, post-processing options: delete, send via: Message, Email, Bluetooth, upload: Photobucket, YouTube, Hyves, edit, such as cutting or Add text, clip art, etc. are not possible. Info: name, format, resolution, size, distribution, Created / around, place, mystery, video clips on the memory card with the formats 3gp and mp4 part played not available, since the resolution was not supported.
4. Video Quality - Maximum clips with 320 x 240 pixels are possible. It is clear that recording results are achieved not with same resolution. The videos are more suitable to one that tries to bridges by MMS or e-mail between mobile devices and forth and to look only on the small screen. For the price league, the results are neat. In daylight and in a closed room with light, the colors of the video clips are a bit weakened. Outside, however, colors are captured quite well and played real. However, there are clouds of pixels at small movements that cannot be avoided. In the darkness it is completely impossible to capture any results. Even with low light, you can sadly get any useful results.
5. Facilities to the built in music player - Format: MP3, AAC, AAC +, WMA, forward, rewind, pause, stop, to quick-start list, all songs, playlists, albums, artists, genres, menu: thumbnail, music recognition, wish list, settings: Equalizer: Normal, Auto, pop, Rock, Jazz, Dance, Classic, Live, effect: Normal, Wide, Concert Hall, Music clarity, Bass Enhancement, externalization, music menu: albums, artists, genres, composers, years, given most frequently, recently played, recently added ; visualization: Type 1, 2, 3; Title Send via: Email, Bluetooth, AllShare; Set as: caller ringtone, alarm; Add to playlist search, like, go to the library, music recognition, wishlist.
6. Sound quality of the music player - The loudspeaker has been positioned on the back of the Samsung Star II GT-S5260. Not exactly a favorable position - it is advisable to turn the phone around, then the sound quality is surprisingly good. The Samsung Star II sounds much better than many more expensive competitors, and even manages to produce a fresh highs and a little momentum. Unfortunately, no headphone is included, any standard headphones it can hold through the 3.5 mm mini-jack input connection. If you connect a headphone, the differences between the EQ-programs (Normal, Auto, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Dance, Classic, Live) also hear very well. The sound quality convinced here too, the sound is homogeneous, relatively dynamic and clear.
7. Radio present yes / no, sound quality of Radio - AF: on / off, All Channels: remove, rename, scan, remove privileged channel to switch to recorded files, settings: Alternative frequency: on / off, FM radio automatically turn off: off, after 30 minutes, after 1 hour, after 2 hours; memory: phone, memory card, standard name of the file: radio or their own information, speaker or headset output; The selectivity of each channel outputs good, only in favorable alignment of the antenna (headset) which is not to be criticized. Scratch-and noise-free, these can then be heard. The recordings from radio sound surprisingly good. Channel names can be added to the "Rename" by.
8. Storage / location of the memory card - 30 MB (very little), The Samsung Star II is expandable up to 16 GB with an SD card. The insertion of the memory card is located at the side of the device.
9. Multimedia Results - The camera of the Samsung Star II is a usable equipment, which is also very easy to use. The results of the 3.2 MP camera for snapshots are good in any case. The results of the video footage only score if you avoid excessively rapid movements. A flash is unfortunately not integrated. Thus, one cannot obtain any results in the dark at all. The built-in music player is intuitive. Playlists are easily created and creating their own music menu runs without any problem. A VHF radio is also integrated in the Samsung Star II GT-S5260. Equipped with sufficient transmitter sites, easy handling, noise-free sound and fairly good selectivity outweigh the benefits here. In addition, the input of station names is possible. The mobile phone has 30 MB internal memory and Micro SD card is expandable to 16 GB.
3.2 MP camera
Speakers with a little less favorable positioning, but sound great
Re: Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone
Handling / Menus
1. One-hand operation for key functions possible - Yes, partially.
2. Call execute (with menu "contacts") - Running a call and finding contacts runs smoothly.
3. Adding / Creating / editing contacts - Either SIM or phone, both do not have any restrictions to create, add or edit new and existing contacts.
4. Readability of the display - Whether day or night, the Samsung Star II has an excellent display readability. In direct sunlight or light irradiation, content are not precisely visible to the eyes. It is, but of course like almost all other mobile phones, on the choice of theme and background image, the display can be adjusted.
5. Pressure point of the keypads / reaction of the touchscreen - Primary response of the touch screen, only with cold fingers a little hesitant.
6. Handling the navigation elements to prospect the menus - NA.
7. Clarity of the menu - The menu has easily recognizable symbols.
8. Scope of the menus - The scope of the menu is not very overwhelming but clear.
9. The design of the menus - The graphic design is modern and functional.
10. Opportunity for the assignment of shortcut keys - The desired menu items (widgets) can be easily arranged in the quick access bar to quickly access the required menu item in the Samsung Star II.
11. Message Handling - To: Adding Recipients - Recently, contacts, groups, Multimedia Add: images, video, sound, take picture, record video, record sound, text: templates, business card, calendar, task, memo, Favorite, Add subject changes (in MMS ), Cc / Bcc, but components attach: file, business card, calendar, task, memo, page; Planned message; Sending Options: Reply path: on / off, get a delivery report: on / off, keep a copy: on / off, chat view My folders, broadcast messages, spam folder.
12. Serttins of photo and video camera - The settings are easy to find and easy to adjust.
13. Operation of Music Player - The music player is easy to use and its menu is quite easy.
14. Reading from memory cards - The reading of micro SD cards in Samung Star II is done quickly. Existing data from the memory card as far as the format, file type and resolution for the Samsung Star II is possible and presented well.
15. Result - Running a call, adding contacts, and readability in low light conditions from the display, speaks for the Samsung Star II Mobile Phone. The touch screen responds evenly and only with cold fingers it is a bit hesitant. Thus, the composition of messages and emails is quite easy. The clearly designed menu has a trendy menu level. The simple operation of the 3.2 MP camera and music player are additional advantages. Also, memory cards can be easily read smoothly to 16 GB and the data reflect the extent of the format, type, etc. The insertion of the memory card is located at the side of the device. Creating and moving your data is fast and uncompromising.
We are certain: The Samsung Star 2 will continue to write the success story of its predecessor. Compared to its predecessor, WiFi is now on board, which we welcome very much. The photo camera makes even better - that is sharper and higher contrast - pictures. The qualities in the audio field are also better. By today's user standards it is a demanding phone for its small display for the money invested but there are few criticisms. In other disciplines, the Samsung Star 2 scores throughout. Reproduction and selectivity of the radio in good alignment of the antenna (headset) outputs clear and fresh sound. Internet sites are - already on edge, and certainly over WLAN - loaded quickly and are easy to read. An email account is set quickly, as the established providers are pre-installed. E-mails including attachments are easily downloaded and displayed fine. The composition of messages or emails runs on the touch screen QWERTY keypad with Quick Type by t9 trace, almost automatically and smoothly. Overall, the elegant mobile phone is clearly a good benchmark in its price range and gets well deserved from a first-class test result.
The Samsung Star II GT-S5260 - the perfect "People's Phone"
|Tags: cell phone, mobile phone, review, samsung gt s5260, samsung mobile phone, samsung star ii, samsung star mobile, smartphone|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Samsung Star II GT-S5260 Mobile Phone"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Samsung Star II GT-S5260 phone||bethog||Portable Devices||1||17-02-2012 03:07 AM|
|How to get Facebook app to work in Samsung Star II GT-S5260 cellphone ?||vayumahesh||Portable Devices||4||17-12-2011 10:31 AM|
|change the input type of a message with my SAMSUNG STAR II (S5260)||gerimantas||Portable Devices||1||01-10-2011 08:35 AM|
|samsung star II (GT-S5260)....need help on personalization||ashokthadani||Portable Devices||4||28-04-2011 02:49 AM|
|Official Announcement of Samsung Star II S5260||triop||Portable Devices||4||20-01-2011 10:21 PM|