Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Samsung is going to introduce one another name in the market which will give a tough competition to the newly released apple iPad 2. That name is the samsung galaxy tab 8.9. having said that what is that it makes a big name in the industry. What new thing has been introduced in this tablet? How different is it from the already released Samsung galaxy tab? All these answers are going to be answered here. So while I say this lets have a detailed look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Design
    Now lets have a look at the design of this particular tablet. In this tablet much attention is given to the screen display the screen is expanded from 7 inch to 8.9 inch screen. well that’s sufficient. Now while talking about the size of the screen let me tell you that the size has been increased diagonally and hence the size that we speak here does looks good on papers but if you have a real look at the screen the difference is hardly noticeable. However if you compare the 7 inch screen of Samsung galaxy tab with the 9.7 inch of apple iPad 2 the screen of the Samsung galaxy tab looks half the size of the apple iPad 2. So you can imagine the difference. However i expect the effect to be minimal as the tablets should fit into different usage patterns.

Positives
    Now lets have a look at some of the feature that should be rated as a thumbs up. First is the weight of the phone. the phone is very much light and weighs around 470g with a 8.6mm profile. With the size and the pattern it has got I must say that the weight of the phone is very light and you will love holding the particular tablet in your hand. With the addition to the light weight and the sleek look it has got some impressive shades that will make you flat. The tab is also supported by a good 6,000mAh battery that will stand up and deliver the performance in terms of power usage. The 1,280 x 800 resolution touch screen is a bit better than the apple iPad 2. So this is what I have to say.
    Now let’s shift our attention towards the multimedia and the connectivity feature of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. lets have a close look at the camera. The tablet is supported by two good cameras one is at the rear while the other one is at the front. The rear one is of 3 megapixels while the front one is of 2 megapixels. So the camera of the tablet does sound interesting. The 1080p video playback support will give you enough reasons to get entertained on the go. Phone has variety of interesting features and support with the help of which it would keep you interested in the particular tablet. It has accelerometer, digital compass with which you would be able to find directions very easily, ambient light sensor will help you much in the display, plus it also has the support of gyroscope and Flash support.
    The storage capacity of the tablet is good and much like its earlier cousin it also has been given a good internal memory. The internal memory of the tablet ranges from 16GB to 64GB. So sufficient amount of space for all the applications as well as it gives options for the expandable memory support. So the overall memory capacity of the tablet is good.
    The phone runs on a 1GHz Tegra 2 dual-core processor so that it can deliver the exact amount of power while you are working on the tablet. Plus the phone also has the support of HSDPA+ that is ought to give you an super fast speed of 21.1 mbps with the 3G connection. So that’s a pretty cool thing done by the developers of the Samsung galaxy tab. So it adds another feather to its cap. Other options that are available for internet connectivity is the 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios.
    Now there is something in this tablet that will set it apart from all the other competitors and that one thing is the TouchWiz interface which sits on the Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) platform. Android 3.0 platform would give an interesting look and feel for the phone with its live application stores and the TouchWiz interface will allow us to get through the live feed widgets and also the Mini Apps Tray it will give you an easy access to all the applications that is there in your tablet. Samsung is also going to introduce enterprise security features that will help you in maintaining the integrity of all the important data in the phone. for that it has already collaborated with major giants like Cisco, Sybase, SAP.

Negatives
    While there is hardly anything that I can rate as negative in the tablet. One thing that I would like to add here is the availability of the applications. I think probably if they could have added more applications in the android market then it would have been better. Since the newly released apple iPad 2 powered by iOS is housing a lot of applications which are much larger than the android market. I think Samsung people will be taking a note of that.

Conclusion
    Since the phone is not released yet mostly expected to hit the markets by the mid of this year it is no surprise that it will be a hit in the market. the thing is that in which price range it will be launched. So let me tell you the price tag for you. The price for the 16GB model will be anywhere around US$469, while the 32GB model will be charged anywhere around US$569. While the 64GB model will also be made available but I am not sure in which price range will it be getting launched. So this is what I have to say about the phone and I am sure that after its release it will be a good competitor to the already popular Apple iPad 2.

johnnycanderson Guest

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

I think that there are USB 8.9 ports. Did not really get a chance to repeat the live broadcast, but I believe that it is not mentioned. And yes, I agree with you on the release date. Summer? ? Really? That such a long period of time, I'm sure other people can overcome these galaxies label.
    Last edited by johnnycanderson; 23-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.

smithon56 Guest

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

thank you for the review i was unable to decide to buy it