The Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 has long been on the market - at favorable market price (from about 160, - € without contract, shipping and, depending on provider). At launch, the X8 with the Android version 1.6 was delivered. Since November 2010 the Xperia X8 is now provided with Android 2.1, and more updates are on list with version 2.2 Android or 2.3 Android but not planned. We have tested this elegant phone which came to us in Pearl White color. The Xperia X8 can also be changed visually (not always at the factory, depending on the provider) since four additional battery compartment cover in different colors are provided. This equipment scope of entry-level smartphone offers everything that the normally savvy user needs in everyday life. A memory expansion via Micro SD cards can be expanded to 16GB (although it is included with a 2 GB micro SD card on which, the synchronization software "PC Companion" can be done), a 3.2 MP camera, EDGE, HSDPA and WLAN. It also includes Sony Ericsson's Cape Times. This collects all communication in one place and assigns them. Among other things, e-mails, SMS, Facebook and Twitter are administered in a single pass. In the Android Market, you can easily download the desired applications and apps. How the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 behaves in a practical test, shows our review.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Compact Smartphone
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - Touchscreen Mobile Phone in plastic cover with extremely handy forms.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Smooth plastic surface material in good quality and scratch resistant display.
3. Housing dimensions - With a weight of 104 g and dimensions of 99.0 x 54.0 x 15.0 mm, it sits perfectly in the hands.
4. Quality (sharpness / resolution) of the display - Capacitive, now appearing with small 3-inch touch screen with 16.7 million colors and a HVGA resolution of 320 x 480 pixels - flawless presentation of Color.
5. Implementation of the folding or sliding mechanism - NA.
6. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made up of plastic and can be opened easily, and sits or closes precisely. Initially perhaps a bit complex, but if you get the hang of it, it is very simple.
7. Quality and scope of the supplied items - Manual, charger, USB cable, headset, 2 GB Micro SD memory card, four battery compartment cover (depending on provider).
8. Processing Result - The beautiful mobile phone is made up of low-class cover, in accordance with its touch screen features. With its compact form and low weight, it is more likely to be lighter, more compact representatives among smartphones. The 3 inch screen displays 16.7 million colors with clear and sharp display. The accurately fitting battery compartment lid made of plastic, scores for the Xperia X8, as well as the accessories with four battery covers and a 2 GB memory card.
Back of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
Supplied with four battery compartment lid which is made up of plastic
Loud-soft - and camera key
3.5 mm jack plug for standard headphones, on / off button + lock button, and USB port