Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 has long been on the market - at favorable market price (from about 160, - € without contract, shipping and, depending on provider). At launch, the X8 with the Android version 1.6 was delivered. Since November 2010 the Xperia X8 is now provided with Android 2.1, and more updates are on list with version 2.2 Android or 2.3 Android but not planned. We have tested this elegant phone which came to us in Pearl White color. The Xperia X8 can also be changed visually (not always at the factory, depending on the provider) since four additional battery compartment cover in different colors are provided. This equipment scope of entry-level smartphone offers everything that the normally savvy user needs in everyday life. A memory expansion via Micro SD cards can be expanded to 16GB (although it is included with a 2 GB micro SD card on which, the synchronization software "PC Companion" can be done), a 3.2 MP camera, EDGE, HSDPA and WLAN. It also includes Sony Ericsson's Cape Times. This collects all communication in one place and assigns them. Among other things, e-mails, SMS, Facebook and Twitter are administered in a single pass. In the Android Market, you can easily download the desired applications and apps. How the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 behaves in a practical test, shows our review.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Compact Smartphone
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - Touchscreen Mobile Phone in plastic cover with extremely handy forms.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Smooth plastic surface material in good quality and scratch resistant display.
3. Housing dimensions - With a weight of 104 g and dimensions of 99.0 x 54.0 x 15.0 mm, it sits perfectly in the hands.
4. Quality (sharpness / resolution) of the display - Capacitive, now appearing with small 3-inch touch screen with 16.7 million colors and a HVGA resolution of 320 x 480 pixels - flawless presentation of Color.
5. Implementation of the folding or sliding mechanism - NA.
6. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made up of plastic and can be opened easily, and sits or closes precisely. Initially perhaps a bit complex, but if you get the hang of it, it is very simple.
7. Quality and scope of the supplied items - Manual, charger, USB cable, headset, 2 GB Micro SD memory card, four battery compartment cover (depending on provider).
8. Processing Result - The beautiful mobile phone is made up of low-class cover, in accordance with its touch screen features. With its compact form and low weight, it is more likely to be lighter, more compact representatives among smartphones. The 3 inch screen displays 16.7 million colors with clear and sharp display. The accurately fitting battery compartment lid made of plastic, scores for the Xperia X8, as well as the accessories with four battery covers and a 2 GB memory card.
Back of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
Supplied with four battery compartment lid which is made up of plastic
Loud-soft - and camera key
3.5 mm jack plug for standard headphones, on / off button + lock button, and USB port
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
1. Supported networks - Quad band GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 4 hours 285 hours UMTS / HSDPA 900/2100 3 hrs 30 min 360 hours UMTS / HSDPA 850/1900/2100.
2. Data transmission - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, aGPS.
3. Reception and voice quality - The Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 has a pretty good reception quality, even if the network coverage is sometimes not the best. The voice playback at medium volume sounds minimally covered, but still natural.
4. Voice quality of the speaker - At medium volume, the voice playback sounds more understandable. At maximum somewhat scratchy.
5. Battery life (with normal use) - Up to 3 days.
6. Storage capabilities of Contacts - First name, last name> prefix, first name, second first name, suffix, Mobile: phone number; Add More: phone number, email address, IM address, address, company, note, tone, contact preferences: favorites, contacts from the SIM card to import; Synchronize contacts with a service: background data, automatically synchronize, manage accounts, add account, to display, group, import / export, send all contacts, accounts.
7. Profile - Silent ring tone volume, media volume, ring tone, vibration, notification tone, Keypad tones, acoustic selection, SD-card message.
8. Calendar settings - Topic: Time: from - to, date, details: Reminder: no memory, At the start, 5 minutes earlier, 15 minutes before, 1 hour before, 1 day before, location, description, repetition: Daily One-time date, day of week (Mon - Fr), weekly (eg every Wednesday), monthly (last Wednesday), month light (eg 30), year (eg June 30).
9. Notes feature - Input languages: Albanian, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Danish, German, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Greek, Hinglisch, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Javanese, Catalan, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Tagalog, Czech, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, quick text setting: spelling correction learning, words, more of suggestions, quick fixes; vibration when pressed, marks and Smiley , ABC, ABC, abc, numbers, memory: Set time, date set, delete.
10. Built-in voice recorder (Dictaphone) - This can not keep up with the X8, as only a 600 MHz processor with X8 is installed. The lack of computing power can be noticed, for example, when you start applications, it will take a long time to start.
11. E-mail functionality - Connection Type: POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP. The setting of popular email accounts is done in a few steps. Downloading of emails including attachments, is a little time consuming. Also on display there are no objections. This is clear.
12. Internet functionality - The loading of the desired web site, takes a reasonable time. A clear view is presented, even for complex pages from the Xperia 8, but 3-inch diagonal display are now borderline. With the pan and zoom function it makes surfing more fun.
13. PC synchronization - The Xperia X8 is easily recognized as a removable drive. To transfer data from your PC to the mobile phone - only one account can be created at Google. Contact can then be pulled directly over the Internet to mobile - Caution: These will cost you , so you should not have a flat rate data plan. Photos or music, however, can be easily moved. A USB data cable is included.
14. Other Features - Manual, market, alarm clock, Timescape, Facebook, PlayNow, YouTube, Maps, Gmail, Google Talk, calculator, timer, stopwatch, Crazy Penguin, user support, geotagged, Gold Rush, in the vicinity, iSki Ischgl, Latitude, Navigation , RoadSync, scooters, Setup Wizard, Backup and Restore, SIM Toolkit, voice search, sync, Tower Bloxx, TrackID, UEFA com, Wisepilot. New Apps can be free or paid through the Android Market downloaded and installed.
15. Business Result - This quad-band mobile phone provides HSDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth for fast data transfer. 2 to max. 3 days battery run time for a cell phone with this equipment is acceptable. The calendar functions are somewhat sparse and profiles preset are nowhere, as only a silent mode and vibration are created. Contacts are created quickly. The memo is shown graphically beautiful and has no character limit. A voice recorder is inbuilt in the Xperia X8. Email accounts are set in a few steps and to retrieve the mail usually depends on the size and then downloaded quickly. Finding and Opening elaborate Internet sites from the Xperia X8 has got no problems but takes little time. Unfortunately, synchronization is not as smooth as expected, as with the other phones of the Xperia family. Although this phone is recognized as a removable disk, you must create an account with Google, but only to synchronize contact information. The attached USB cable is included. The Xperia X8 features a wide selection of different features, which are still high and appear to be interesting. More than 100,000 apps from the Android Market are available (some free of charge), in order to personalize the Xperia.
The memory expansion via Micro SD cards supports up to max. 16 GB and it is located under the battery compartment cover
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
1. Camera Equipment - 3.2 MP camera with no autofocus, no zoom and no flash or photo light; mode: Auto, beach / snow, Night Scene, Sports, change: camera / video, gallery view, heading tags: When photographing position data to add: on / off, post-processing options: send photo: Bluetooth, Email, Facebook, Gmail, Picasa, RoadSync e-mail, SMS / MMS, delete, image as: wallpaper, contact image.
2. Camera quality - We were quite surprised when the colors and shapes in low light conditions and indoors during the day were very well presented. But when viewed on the PC monitor, it lacks the color intensity. At dusk and at night, unfortunately, it cannot achieve results. If a flash would have been available, you could have probably catch one or another motive. The night mode is not enough here, unfortunately.
3. Video Camera Equipment - Recording Mode: Normal, for MMS; change: / Camera, Video : post-processing options to send video: Bluetooth, email, Gmail, Road Sync E-mail, messaging, YouTube, delete.
4. Video Quality - In daylight outside and normal lighting conditions (indoors) colors are displayed quite well. Adapting to different lighting conditions is possible, the Xperia X8 does it quite quickly. Pixel curtains are visible only with rapid movements. With fluid movements, we achieved great results. In the dark or low light, it can hardly get any results. More than the outlines and very weak colors are just visible.
5. Facilities built-in to the music player - Music formats: MP3 AAC, forward, rewind, pause, stop, performers, Smart Playlist: Just Added, played most often, never played; All Tracks: Shuffle, Now Playing Infinite button to fast from the network information, videos and albums investigate. somewhat sparsely furnished, but with useful functions and are therefore relatively easy to handle.
6. Sound quality of the music player - The speaker was positioned on the back of the mobile phone and can still easily play all songs in decent quality. An equalizer in the Xperia X8 does not exist. Thus, fine tuning on some songs could not be done. The included headset is of decent quality, high-flying but should not be expected more.
7. Radio yes / no, sound quality of Radio - Headset Playback / loudspeaker reproduction, channel scan, create favorites for navigation, on / off, the menu of the radio is very meager. The playback of each channel at more favorable orientation of the antenna (headset) is rather low in noise or sounds minimal.
8. Storage / location of the memory card - 128 MB internal memory - out of date, even in this price range. Memory expansion via MicroSD cards support up to 16GB.
9. Multimedia Result - The camera of Xperia X8 is very easy to use and has useful, but only very few settings. The results of the 3.2 MP camera can certainly score points and surprised with their results. The results of the video images are good only if you avoid excessively rapid movements. In the darkness, unfortunately it cannot get any results. The built-in MP3 player and FM radio can be very easy to use, since its scope is also extremely scarce. The mobile phone has 128 MB of internal memory and is expandable to 16 GB. Unfortunately, the insertion of a micro SD card is located under the battery cover.
3.2 MP camera - unfortunately without a flash
Headset with standard jack
Radio equipment with low effort and a scanty amount
Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
Handling / Menus
1. One-hand operation for key functions possible - Yes.
2. Call execute (with menu "contacts") - Contact information is found quickly and easily run a call.
3. Adding / Creating / editing contacts - New and existing contacts are created quickly.
4. Readability of the display - In sunlight, the display reflects strong, which makes visibility substantially. But it can shine with indirect lighting and in darkness. A built-in brightness sensor automatically adjusts the backlight automatically to light conditions in the area. The lighting may be adjusted manually.
5. Pressure point of the keys / reaction of the touch screen - The reaction of the touch screen is not optimal in the Xperia X8. The screen responds a bit slow and only after the second time tapping. Multitouch is not supported.
6. Clarity of the menu - Menus are clear - after a short time to handle any problems.
7. Scope of the menus - Fairly extensive menu. Not all menu items are shown right on the first sight.
8. The design of the menus - Timeless design, typical to Sony Ericsson phone.
9. Opportunity for the assignment of shortcut points - The four corners of the Xperia X8 can be easily fitted with desired menu items and are subject to change, rearrange widgets, icons, etc. In the center of the screen one can also find a button positioned for direct access.
10. Message Handling - Add Recipient: Import SIM contacts, ad groups, synchronizing. Service, Google Sync, enter the name or number, add image, photo, record video, Add, record video, add sound, settings for text input, input languages: Albanian, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Danish, German, English, Estonian, Finnish, French , Galician, Hinglish, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Javanese, Catalan, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Sudanese, Tagalog, Czech , Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, quick text setting: Spelling correction: Automatic, select Manual, Off, learn words, more of suggestions, quick fixes: on / off, vibration under press: on / off, sign and Smiley, NBC, ABC, abc, numbers ; receiver to add, delete, discussion, edit the receiver.
11. Settings of photo and video - Since the camera has a very sparse range of equipment to most mobile phones have, it is very easy to operate.
12. Operation of Music Player - The music player can be very easy, since its scope is also rather sparse.
13. Reading from memory cards - The reading of micro SD cards from the Xperia X8 is done quickly. Existing data from the memory card as far as the format and file type is possible, and depicted easily. The Xperia 8 represents data that was in many other mobile phone without any difficulties.
14. File Management - Easily create your own folders and move data.
15. Result - The Xperia X8 is indeed handy, and an entry-Android phone, but still no entry-level phone has survived a certain period of acclimatization. Making a call, adding contacts, as well as the readability of the display in low light conditions, speak for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. Messages on the screen - quickly penned in portrait or landscape format. The menu has a timeless design, but confusing to some minimal extent. The easy operation of the camera and the MP3 player are further plus points. Memory Cards supports upto 16 GB that can be read from the Xperia X8 quickly and smoothly, and the data so far on the format or type out may be read without any problems. The insertion of the memory card is unfortunately located under the battery cover. Moving your data is fast and uncompromising.
Calculator in the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
The Xperia X8 is offered at a fair market price. The beautiful touch screen phone scores with its very handy size and light weight. The 3.2 MP camera and ease of use, outputs useful snapshots. In darkness, neither camera nor video camera gives useful results. Also, the Xperia X8 has a Infinite key (infinite button). This is used to one that is led by the networked world, and all interactions are combined with a specific person in an illustration. Photos are sorted independently and even mapped. The internal music player has a rather timeless graphic, easy handling and excellent sound, even with a speaker positioned on the back. Internet pages are loaded from the Xperia X8 quickly and very well presented. Emails can be downloaded and are easy to read. Even attachments are downloaded and well presented if they are not too large. However, the download takes some time to complete it. The reaction of the touch screen is a bit hesitant in phases and reacts only after the button is tapped second time. Multitouch is not supported. In its acceptable price range, the Xperia X8, is sufficient for the problems of everyday demands.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - compact mobile phone but with an interesting inner life
|Tags: cell phone, mobile phone, review, smartphone, sony ericsson, sony ericsson x8, sony ericsson xperia, xperia x8|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Mobile Phone"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Mobile Phone||Crespin||Reviews||1||14-04-2011 08:37 PM|
|Sony Ericsson W580i vs Sony Ericsson W595 mobile phone||Soumen||Portable Devices||5||31-12-2009 02:21 PM|
|Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 vs HTC HD2 Mobile Phone||NIcaBoy||Portable Devices||4||24-12-2009 02:05 PM|
|Download Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Mobile Phone User Manual / Guide||Computer_Freak||Portable Devices||0||16-02-2009 12:48 PM|
|Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Mobile Phone||MurTuza||Reviews||1||08-12-2008 02:08 PM|