Thread: Samsung Series 7 Chronos Laptop

Samsung Series 7 Chronos Laptop

The new Samsung Series 7 portable technology and design coalesce to form a laptop called to be important in the near future, since reaching the market later this year. There are models of 15 and 15.6 inches, with a total weight of 2.3 kilograms of equipment, a figure that Samsung has managed to manufacture these notebooks with brushed aluminum and removing frames, so that you could have more screen with less frame. Just do not expect it ultrabooks thickness models are 23.9 mm in that dimension. In case anyone might think that these new Samsung Series 7 are mediocre teams in terms of performance, start talking about the base configuration with a quad-core processor Intel Core i7 to 2.2 GHz 2675QM that add up to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM at 1333 MHz and AMD Radeon graphics with 1 GB HD6750M.

Samsung is also the way that many other manufacturers and the bottom of the unit have almost completely freed from air vents. Mainly, the air is exchanged via ports on the back along the wide hinge. Probably not least because of its powerful hardware - strongly heated and the few vents in the underside of the keyboard and - comprising Core i7 Quad Core and AMD Radeon HD 6750M. Visually, like the case very much. Completely kept in a flat color and the Chronos flaunt. With a thin frame display additional space is utilized well. At the terminals, Samsung has thought of everything and placed the interfaces left and right sides. Opening the display eliminates the space rear connectors.

The input devices consisting of isolation keyboard and large touchpad respond properly. The keys on the keyboard fell flat with a good pressure point. Furthermore, the push buttons of the touchpad in the selfsame building houses - but can still operated quite deliberately. Two features which come with the Chronos, Fast Shipping by boat cache and a brightness sensor. While we do not perceive the local acceleration by fast boat could, brightness sensor, a rapid adjustment of display brightness to the ambient illumination showed.

Series 7 14" Notebook NP700Z3AH -- Price $1,099.99

Featured Highlight

• Designed to Impress
    • Fast start, Fast Performance
    • A Better Screen for a Better Experience
    • Measure Your Battery in Hours AND Years

Specs highlight
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64b)
    • Intel Core i5 Processor 2430M
    • AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    • AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    • 750 GB HDD 7200RPM with Express Cache
    • 3 W Stereo Speaker (1.5 W x 2) Speakers
    • 1.3 MP HD Integrated Web Camera
    • 12.80" (W) x 0.93" (D) x 8.90" (H)

Series 7 15.6" Notebook # NP700Z5AH -- Price $1,299.99

Featured Highlight

• Designed to Impress

Specs highlight
    • Intel Core i7 Processor 2675QM
    • AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    • 14.26" (W) x 0.94(D) x 9.39" (H)

Series 7 15.6" Notebook NP700Z5AH --- $1,149.99

Featured Highlight

• Designed to Impress

Specs highlight
    • Intel Core i7 Processor 2675QM
    • AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    • 14.26" (W) x 0.94" (D) x 9.39" (H)

Re: Samsung Series 7 Chronos Laptop

Design & Performance

These Samsung Series 7 is a 23.9mm thick (2.17 kg for the 13-inch, 2.31 kg for the 15-inch) run on Intel platform Huron River with Sandy Bridge Core i5 processor (Core i5-2467M at 1.6 GHz, Core i5 -2430M 2.4 GHz) or Core i7 (Core i7-2675M, Core i7-2675QM at 2.2 GHz), up to 8GB DDR3 RAM, a hard disk with a maximum capacity of 750 GB, DVD burner Sloat -loading, a portion of audio SoundAlive 2 x 1.5W and a 1.3 megapixel webcam with microphone.
    Next screen, there is talk of a slab Super Bright 300nits bright but glare and a resolution of 1600 × 900. The graphic part is it given to the dedicated adapter Radeon HD6750M 1 GB GDDR5 dedicated to 15-inch model and the Radeon HD6490M for the 13 inch version. Both take advantage of the switchable graphics technology and therefore also exploit the graphics Intel GMA 3000 HD integrated with Sandy Bridge processors.

Connectivity

Side connections, there is Wi-Fi, card reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC), ports and headset microphone, HDMI output, Ethernet and two USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 1. Like the MacBook, they feature a large touchpad with buttons are included on their surface.

Keyboard

They also boarded a backlit Chiclets keyboard (with numeric keypad by 15 inches) practical to distinguish the buttons when the ambient light is low and the Express Cache technology which we have already spoken on the occasion of our article Samsung Series 7 the gamer with Radeon HD6970M. An 8 GB SSD module is integrated with the Samsung Series 7 Chronos, but not all models. Moreover, those with an 8 GB SSD module are part of their RAM soldered to the motherboard (e.g., 6 GB DDR3 4 GB soldered = + 2 GB memory slot).

Battery Life

Recently, several manufacturers were complaining about the fact that the battery technology could simply no longer keep up with the new requirements of the hardware. As any Smartphone owner can confirm - A not so new knowledge. It can also be difficult for the battery manufacturer to produce a stream of memory that can withstand the ever increasing power consumption. Samsung promises for the new Series 7 Chronos laptop that the computer should at least hold up to eight hours without having to give up a good performance.

The time to start and stop are accelerated, the wake takes place for example in 2 seconds and start up in just 19 seconds. Side autonomy, the Samsung Series 7 Chronos depending on the brand can take up to 9 hours at a time away from a wall outlet with the Li-Ion 8-cell (65Whr by 13 inches by 15 inches 80Whr) . Hence the name of Chronos, the god of time name in Greek mythology. Battery Life Plus technology also provides 1500 charge / discharge at least 80% of battery capacity. Note also that the backlight of the keyboard like that of the screen is adjusted automatically according to ambient light with a sensor.

Conclusion

Samsung said its 7 Series notebooks are designed to meet Chronos users who want a good overall performance. The 15-inch model shows a solid finish. Samsung uses only plastic can, but to deliver a fairly stable equipment base and palm rest. Nevertheless, the chassis creaks at higher pressure and are down significantly. The lid can also be twisted easily - but is still in the frame. The size of screen and other stuff is on your choice.

Samsung also promises to ease by the super bright LED display on the portable computer to work outdoors. As with the 9 series will represent low-light conditions for this display technology not have any problems. Also, the illuminated keyboard is of course easier in low light work. Apple recently visited the MacBook Air models again with such a keyboard. The Samsung's keyboard has a sensor that adjusts the brightness. The Series 7 Chronos notebook supports an HD resolution of 1,600 x 900 pixels. It still lacks important information - including the price - the device is interesting but still. Some media arrange the Chronos 7 is already a clone of the MacBook Air.