Thread: BlackBerry PlayBook 4G Tablet PC

BlackBerry PlayBook 4G Tablet PC

Finally, this time it is not BlackPad but BlackBerry Playbook. As per me, it's fair to say the PlayBook is not placed to undertake Apple as a budget substitute to the iPad. The BlackBerry playbook has utilized a 7 inches (Diagonal) multi-touch screen. The product is very well finished and that reflected in its sober and modern design. When you will first see the playbook, it may appear small with its 7 inch screen, but personally I think it's an element of judgment rather subjective. The 7 inch diagonal and very responsive screen offers resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. Further the excellence of the capacitive screen, I think is the most original tablet OS developed by QNX. I liked this device very much and in my opinion it is much more instinctive and user friendly than its competitors.

There are few technical characteristics included in Playbook that can be seen for the first time. BB Playbook is packed 2 cameras, including 3 megapixels in the front and a 5 megapixel camera on the backside. Along with 1GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM, Playbook also offers micro-HDMI output with symmetrical dual-core processing, and compatible with 1080p HD video playback. Without a doubt, this tablet does not include a default mail client. A BlackBerry with a Bluetooth connection is required for the same. RIM believes the Playbook as a product to extend on the big screen. The BlackBerry PlayBook is surprisingly polished and responsive enough at this stage, but still RIM says there is still lot more to work on it.

Blackberry Playbook

BlackBerry playbook Operating System:

RIM has ensured that the tablet is as complete system as possible from a software viewpoint. I think, a complete new OS was designed for this Tablet. It is also been said that Tablet OS is based on QNX architecture and offers complete range of features. Its of course BlackBerry’s multitasking operating system used in Playbook, but the utmost important facts is Adobe Flash technology compatibility with the HTML 5, offering extra complete experience of surfing on internet. In other words, it plays around with the agility and versatility of a well updated computer.

In addition, Tablet is also enough compatible with Adobe Air, Java and OpenGL and future application for BB OS 6 be supposed to be effortlessly approved by the developers on the BlackBerry Tablet OS. Blackberry Tablet OS is multitasking and open applications and widgets are active. In other words, if we minimize a video, it keeps playing in your window. These windows are managed in scroll from left to right as WebOS desktop cards and slide them up enough to make them disappear.

Playbook Apps

Professional Tablet Playbook:

Though Playbook has been positioned as a Professional internet tablet, but it is also for the enterprise according to the manufacturer. It is also compatible with the networks and the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that provides a feature set of connection and synchronization with BlackBerry smartphones. If for the moment, it is deficient in 3G connectivity, there is no problem as it can make use of BB Smartphone to get connected. A good news regarding this is acoording to the company, 3G or 4G model Playbook too will be available soon. The United States will launch an integrated 4G version, so we assume that Europe will have five a similar version or integrated 3G. Since RIM has not specified plans in this regard. Besides this possibility, the user has the choice between 802.11n WiFi or Bluetooth.

BlackBerry PlayBook 4G Tablet PC Review

Applications:

BlackBerry Playbook even has its own new music application that really seems nice, although we dint found lot functionality to it. It is also packed with official Adobe PDF reader that is quite fast but another yawner in the UI section. The whole thing appears pleasant as per my choices and my view point. The best application of this Tablet can be its browser that disclose a tab "drawer" of kind while swiping down from the peak. In-addition, its touchscreen keyboard laid extraordinarily and is super reactive, very fast with maybe the most excellent key tapping sound. The drawback here is the lack of word prediction or auto correction at the time.

Blackberry Browser

Specs and Features:

Ultra portable, super convenient:
    • Height 5.1" / 130mm
    • Width 7.6" / 194mm
    • Depth 0.4" / 10mm
    • Weight 0.9 lbs / 25g

Best-in-class media:
    • 3 MP high-definition forward-facing camera
    • 5 MP high-definition rear-facing camera
    • Codec support for superior media playback, creation and video calling
    • 1080p HD video; H.264, MPEG4, WMV HDMI video output
    • Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports

Professional grade performance:
    • Full computing power in a tablet format
    • 1 GHz dual-core processor
    • 1 GB RAM
    • Symmetric multi-processing

Video-conferencing:
    • Crystal clear HD display
    • Rich stereo sound
    • Dual HD video cameras

Web without limits:
    • Games, media, apps and everything the real Internet offers
    • Full Adobe Flash 10.1 enabled
    • Built-in support for HTML 5
    • No-compromise rendering of text, graphics and video

Built for business:
    • Out-of-the-box compatibility with BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    • Seamless pairing for a secure window into your BlackBerry smartphone
    • Corporate data access
    • Secure and manageable

High-speed connections:
    • 3G network access using your BlackBerry smartphone as a modem
    • 4G network access available on BlackBerry 4G PlayBook tablet
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
    • Bluetooth 2.1+EDR

BlackBerry Tablet OS:
    • Powerful, user-friendly QNX technology: It’s what the World Wide Web runs on Multi-processing for true multitasking

Amplified BlackBerry experience:
    • Wirelessly connect to your BlackBerry smartphone* for real time access to: Email, calendar, address book, task list and BBM

Rich application ecosystem:
    • Rapid development environment
    • Reliable BlackBerry Tablet OS, powered by QNX technology
    • Supports POSIX OS, SMP, Open GL, BlackBerry 6, WebKit, Adobe Flash, Java and adobe Mobile AIR