Thread: Google Nexus S Mobile Phone

Google Nexus S Mobile Phone

Here, the latest addition to Google. Google The Nexus S is the union between the giant search engine and Samsung. A smartphone with Google's color that comes with many advantages but also some shortcomings. Indeed, it is perhaps not androphone than you expected. Many blame Samsung for their first entry on the market failed, but know that we should not put everything in one basket, and everyone can make mistakes. Let us be clear, Samsung is the manufacturer, but it manages in no case the software part of this smartphone. I recovered Wednesday, December 22 in the afternoon. You may think that this test is done hastily, but not all. I rely on a feeling, and I clearly saw a sudden punch compared to the Nexus One that I possess for one year. For two days, I tested a little in every sense, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. In this regard, we prepare a comparison between these two somewhat probing Google for smartphones later.

The Nexus Google S is clearly the new kid on the line, we'll try to explain why. Also, be aware that we have taken into account and consider some of your wishes to offer the test as comprehensive as possible.

Design:

Google The Nexus S is very dark, if not share his dark very dark colors with a light carbon fussy neckline at the back. The screen turned off, it would almost like a monolith. First things first, and talk about the appearance with his head bent and his foot on the front. Curved surface which is no longer so once the phone apart , since in reality the screen is completely flat like a plank of wood. Found on both sides of the rounded sides that will vastly improve the handling of the device by providing a very significant comfort. The rear of the unit is not for nothing, because there is like the Galaxy S curvature slightly hunchbacked perfecting this little more grip.

Updates

If you are looking for a smartphone Android updated frequently, it is the mobile for you. No constraint builder, no waiting since Google is constantly developing its operating system on it, and this week in week out, in sharing it and making improvements. To be more clear is the very root of androphones, at least on Google and Google One Nexus Nexus S are the two phones mothers, if not the top of the class. I do not even talk to hackers, Android is a very flexible and can be worn on almost any androphone. We can take example on the penultimate version of Android, the 2.2.1. Well almost all androphones have informally this version, simply that there is an active community behind it and rolls. I think in the future, simplicity will settle and will do great things, and this much more easily. It must be said that this simplicity has greatly evolved since the launch of Android, now you can install a rom with two alternative applications (universalandroot and Roma manager). Yes, yes.

Re: Google Nexus S Mobile Phone

Funtionality:

I will not deny that when I got the toy I was so scared. Yes, the phone had a few minor delays not very significant, but the upgrade to 2.3.1 Android quickly corrected this by providing greater stability to the system. After having tried a lot, so I can say that the system does not slow down at all. I still remember the Nexus One, 2.2.1 and even its frequent delays which have also disappeared with the first Roma Gingerbread. For the rest, we told you about several times ( here and here ). The update jumps from one point and focuses on small changes that are very important. A touch of beauty in the entire gingerbread with a more sober, provided and coolers. We can not not love the colors, but I must admit that the last redesign of the keyboard Android is just exceptional. The keys are more spaced and with this new system to copy/paste the comfort built into the system is only strengthened.

I have an opinion divided into two on energy management, since I did not see any significant improvement in battery. As we explained, the improved management of energy is synonymous with better multitasking which explains speedier system Android. Specifically, it has evolved in two versions on the Dalvik VM (1.2.0 -> 1.4.0), and it shows. Then comes the support of NFC technology versatile wireless short-range that can be integrated into all sorts of everyday objects as movie posters, stickers and t-shirts. For example before a subway terminal, bakery or clothing store, you will not need your credit card because your phone will take the role. For now, this technology is not (really) democratized in France, but it is widely used in other countries. I think it starts to develop in Europe in the mid-2011 but not before.

The Android system is seen natively support the gyroscope for phones that take on board. A gyroscope is a three-axis angular position sensor, which will in future better integration across applications and games on the handling and ergonomics. However, technology is present only in the Google Nexus S, but the market should invest in the coming months on some Android phones. Integrating VoIP & SIP calls are now directly integrated into Android. Many users also reported to me that this was not successful and that the use was not extensive enough for heavy use. The tool should be improved, since other applications make it much better, using such low flow rates (edge) with a reception and transmission of good quality.

Support of improved onboard cameras were noticed. The mobile operating system now has the ability to automatically detect these cameras, the change between the two is quick and catch the photos or videos are almost instantaneous. Basically, the Camera application automatically makes a request to the device for the number of available devices and determine the characteristics of each. In this regard, we expect integration with Google Talk, who is currently absent, but expected. The rest concerns of small advantages and relatively minor changes in the system. It was the integration of a download manager, improved application settings, and various other settings and menus on the desktop and the application menu, etc.

Honestly, I think Android Gingerbread (2.3/2.3.1) is a gateway to Android Honeycomb, which will bring a lot of new more substantial. The system is very fast and stable, you feel just before his apotheosis. As I mentioned earlier, I think it will take one or two commas to consolidate these new bases and shift to a system "Android" in all its excellence.

In the video of this grip below, I have not had time to talk about the Android browser, but it is quite fast and it is well managed by the system. Before the update was a different story, since he had a few delays, but they are indeed less present. Comfort is very nice and with such a multi-screen, it is pure joy to handle. Nevertheless, the interface of the latter remains unchanged compared to previous versions of the system. It is hoped nevertheless a trend for Android Honeycomb.

Hardware:
    At first I really did not adhere to the black plastic found around and behind the smartphone. However it seems pretty tough, although I did not risky to try. He has not even passed its first maiden flight. On the left side will show the volume keys on the right button "power" and to establish a mic-USB 2.0 and 3.5 mm jack (audio / video). I would have made a demo video on a TV, but I have yet to receive connections. The front is defined as a black hole with a Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen (235ppi) of 4-inch WVGA resolution (800 x 480 pixels) with good resistance to fingerprints. Above the screen a front camera, almost invisible. Below, 4 tactile keys completely hidden when the screen is off. In order, it was Back / Menu / Search / Home.

At the rear is defined camera / 5-megapixel camera (autofocus + Flash) that can record video in 480p rather good quality, the 720p is perhaps for later, or via any hack for hackers . Note two openings in the facade: it is the speakers that allow you to let escape the various sound effects (music, ringtones, alerts). Once the open front, we see two small pieces of metal protruding side of the SIM card. This is the NFC that spreads quietly in the hull in order to capture the elements. Just below is the location of the battery with it which is 1500 mAH. For now, I have not noticed any bonuses or penalties on the battery is like another androphone. I think the batteries will soon be the alternative day in Seidio & Boxwave . They are known to add between 150 and 400 mAH capacity for a similar size.

The hidden part has a ARM Cortex-A8 Hummingbird clocked at 1 GHz supported by a graphics chip PowerVR SGX 540. All this is coupled with 512 RAM and 16 GB of internal memory, 1 GB dedicated to applications. In this regard, we had not yet raised but the version of Android Gingerbread supports moving much better applications on the SD card. In this case, it speaks well of the other part of the phone's internal memory (not system). After the Galaxy Tab is the first androphone to support a three axis gyroscope, there is also a compass and an accelerometer. The rest is standard with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Wi-Fi in its standards b / g / n and 3G. It is also noted that Google Nexus S has no notification light (LED colored trackball). However, it is possible to overcome this problem with applications such as NoLED, Missed Message Flash, etc .

Audio, photo, video & 3D:
    The clear audio quality at the back of the camera is quite good, although the mean distortion, treble and bass and the bass without saturation or scribbles repugnant. I made a video capture, but I do not think it proves anything. You really have the phone in hand to realize this. Here are two photographs taken from the 5 megapixel phone. Emphasize that they were compressed, the blog can not completely shelter them. Being on the raw version of Android Gingerbread video formats are quite limited, given that the licenses were not added by Google. However, the Nexus S has the ability to play videos in H.264, H.263 MPEG4. It is obviously possible to play videos in DivX, XviD, MKV with various applications on the Android Market.

Conclusion:

The Good:
    • Android Gingerbread (2.3.1)
    • Updates OTA (Over The Air)
    • The Gyroscope
    • The NFC chip
    • The front camera
    • Architecture (Hummingbird + PowerVR SGX 540)
    • The sound quality speaker
    • Resistance to fingerprints on the screen
    • Super Screen 4-inch AMOLED
    • The port jack 4 channel (audio and video)

The Bad:
    • The lack of support micro-SD
    • The absence of a warning notifications (applications correct it)
    • The lack of DLNA for TV screens
    • The non-native support for DivX / XviD / MKV (Souci software, the hardware part of the support)

Price & availability:
    Google The Nexus S is scheduled to arrive at SFR from February 2011. It could be that other operators or resellers can appropriate, but it will be a little later. The price is about 529-699 euros.