Thread: Alien Breed 2: Assault

Alien Breed 2: Assault

Team 17 had warned us, the renewal of Alien Breed would be marked by a play divided into three episodes. Thus, after Alien Breed Evolution on Xbox 360, renamed Alien Breed Impact on PS3 and PC, here Alien Breed 2: Assault on Playstation 3. As expected, the software picks up where the previous left off and does not offer anything new almost worthy of the name.

If we were excited to find one of the glories of the action game on the Amiga HD consoles and PC, is even more disillusioned when it is faced Alien Breed 2: Assault. Not that the game is bad but we would still have expected a new episode redacted defects of its predecessor. Unfortunately, it is not as Team 17 has done its best to reproduce exactly what they had done for Evolution. Suddenly, the wanderings in labyrinthine levels are more than ever legion, legitimized by minimum target is to activate a terminal at one end of the map that will unlock something at the other end and so on. All this was already the center of the gameplay of the first Alien Breed and thus its remake, but why not have some rethinking all for this episode proudly wearing a 2 often synonymous with true evolution?!

As it stands, Alien Breed 2 is still minimal effort to justify its existence. Thus, one can enjoy a new game mode, Survivor, except that it is an interest bordering on absolute zero. In sum, the only advantage of this challenge that will require you to repel waves of enemies will have access to virtually all weapons from the start. It will turn very quickly to the single player playable solo and co-op with a buddy. Always so funny, that mode is unfortunately once again thought about a rickety frame. Thus, the labyrinthine levels meet present and he'll have to get stuck with, again, targets unattractive (will activate the console, turn this valve, etc...) Trudge in like a madman up and down and from right to left. Marigold, Team 17 has absolutely not seen the system map that is unbearable. Indeed, since the scanner at the top right of the screen is not used much, we will once again open the inventory and ogle the map to know where to go. Irritating in the extreme, especially since the developers could easily have included a map overlay to avoid much unpleasantness.

On the merits, we're in familiar territory. On the form exactly the same thing. Can be found here and there a couple of new weapons, one or two monsters that reinforces an bestiary limited, in short, nothing really transcendent. If I spoke a little higher level of design on everything, too dark environments expected to bring an oppressive atmosphere, but finally arriving to annoy the player who has already struggling to do with visibility sometimes very small. Worse, this time Team 17 has maximized the dark aspect by including passages where you cannot rely on your flashlight to see the critters. Fun the first time, minus the second, the third at all, like scripts related appearances monsters always predictable.

Re: Alien Breed 2: Assault

Gameplay:

The gameplay behind the title is absolutely straight and simple: you have to explore five chapters chock-full of aliens and try to survive them in while you are trying to solve some simple enigma - nothing really complex beyond the "find the key to open a door or activates a computer or a generator to pass a given area.” The real news brought to light in this second chapter, are mainly two: the first is a mode called "survival" that is nothing but a room in which we resist various ever-increasing waves of aliens: easy at first but damn tricky the long run. The second change concerns the proper enhancement of weapons and objects during the story mode.

But be careful, do not imagine an RPG where you change weapons in a certain way but only a kind of upgrades that can be purchased through credit schemes scattered throughout the game - money that will also be spent to buy items, different types of munitions medikit to the small and large and then move in the purchase of defense towers or upgrading of slots needed to hold the housing shells or ammunition. Playful remains loyal to Team 17: On his extraterrestrial excursion protagonist tries Konrad the technology of a space cruiser crashed into shape to make. His struggle to survive is captured by a slightly oblique bird's-eye and controls on the Xbox 360 as a classic two-stick shooter. The left stick is the direction in front and to the right, the aliens are being targeted.

Some of them attack me on more rigorous than in the predecessor - another eerie place to conduct the day: When I crept cautiously through a dark corridor, which was illuminated only by the beam of my flashlight, I realized that something was rotten. I did not know what it was, but something was wrong with my figure. Also had been attacked me for at least twenty seconds no more aggressive. Behind my back, however, recorded from a few odd schemes. When I saw the beam of my flashlight to it drew, it turned out that it was a small, Face Hugger Alien-like. The bird was quite some time directly behind me and stopped now, without attacking me. I call it a close encounter of safety quickly with my assault rifle. Another Alien darted nervously around a short time later after a couple of tables, rather than going directly to attack - a third copy was simply apathetic about in the corner and stared at me.

What’s New?

Opening fire at any cost is always on the menu, even if the total lack of transition between the two episodes has deprived us of our arsenal for providing us a simple assault rifle in the hands early in the game. Either. Side gameplay , no surprise, it's always our time to activate a variety of mechanisms which operate on the interest and escape us completely in vain feigning surprise when three or four bugs swarming enjoy this moment of interaction with the scenery for emerge from the ground or walls.

Like last time, it will be the latest level before being entitled to skirmishes worthy of the name, even if a big boss will get up early enough to wake us up from the first minutes of play for the rest, the camera is always strange, always so much varied scenery, the coop still cloistered in three poor maps separated from the countryside and the life still reduced (after a little less than an hour for each of five levels). Everything is saved by two good news: a new survival mode solo / multiplayer fun despite the rather retrograde lobby and a lower price.

Assault Alien Breed 2 is the sequel to all the effects of the first chapter so if you have not completed the previous game did not keep reading if you do not want to ruin the surprise. Assault contains many more lines of text of this chapter and another could not be seen that the basic story is much more complex with plot twists worthy of the best science fiction film. In practice, you will recall at the end of the first game, our mission is to release the alien ship from the Leopold and for this fight mostly on the latter. The game environments are much more claustrophobic and close the first chapter with constant assaults by the alien forms ... the calm is not a focal point of Assault. The occurrence of many more bosses, and indeed, at the very beginning we will face a grand adventure it.

Graphically there are no more or less as we had been previously treated with very well-made environments and textures from the palette is very dark. Even at these very nice graphic effects around the boundary as smoke and explosions, fog, and shock. Same thing with regard to the dynamic lighting that adds a really dark tone to many purely cinematic sequences where the camera is slightly closer to the figure of the player (see some photos included) before returning to its isometric form. More news on the plan graph does not exist but do not serve even seen the beauty of the details that Team 17 have managed to slip inside. On the other hand, the engine that propels the whole is well established Unreal Engine, a real guarantee for such products.

The Aliens

This time, the beasts move things a bit more varied the most copies but still prefer the direct confrontation by running quickly in my direction. Each animal still needs a special treatment, e.g. by a shotgun at close range by a massage with the new minigun or rocket launcher. There are also gigantic lightning, shadows games, heat shimmer on the muzzle flash and admire many other subtleties.

Apart from the game play remains simple: I walk from one waypoint to the next and send all I get in the way, relentlessly alien to the happy hunting grounds. Unfortunately, the developers have not kept their word and installed sophisticated mystery. Mostly I just need to use simple switches to open doors elsewhere, moving platforms and to select machines which open up new areas to me. After all, the accident-in power reactors and other equipment are brightly glowing very handsome set the scene. Even as the boss fights against a giant tentacle monster, it is contesting.

That gives me the action-trip, despite its conventional design is so much fun, especially to the great atmosphere. Just look then an arcade shooter: The built using the Unreal Engine 3 scenes show off even more dirty tarnished metal debris, sparking cables, flashing equipment and a very atmospheric lighting. Even the mysterious swirling and hissing sound carpet provides the tension. If you screwed up in the Steam version of the resolution, the scenery there looks even one iota better. In addition, PC owners will come back to enjoy the excellent mouse and keyboard control, with which the camera to the puck move even more sensitive. With the 360 controller, Konrad but also shows good control.

If the mechanics such as that involving killings of pounds, constantly focusing on the edge of adrenaline fueled by too many dark corners, an important role is played by the feeling that the title is able to create the vacuum space Rambo. In this sense the work of the team was focused to remove any uncertainty about the gameplay, creating a title accessible by a good mapping of controls and a system of character upgrades can drive with the right trappings your every step. The arsenal, as a rule, is remarkable and if initially take up a simple two-bit gun, with the continuation of the levels and collect the necessary credits you will gain more power, so that there is no one who can stand in the way so credible to your gait.

Some Beginners Tips

Another motivational factor is the well-balanced level design, which sets the stage for many exciting battles. This time I have to divide my money and found the lichen working at terminals extras such as weapons, ammunition and health upgrades even better - and more cautious stalking the corridors. The three co-op missions for two players over the net fall of entertaining. New feature is also a survival mode with three arenas, which is undeniable also cooperative. All too long, this variant has not tied me, but for some light relief it is good anyway.

Trophies:
    • Participant Co-op Campaign: Complete any multiplayer level.
    • Medicooo! : Buy all upgrade kits for Health.
    • Smack down: In single-player use melee attacks on all types of alien.
    • Protectionist: In Single Player, BUY 5 Armor terminal Intex.
    • Deadly Combo: Kill an alien stunned with a fragmentation grenade.
    • Rocket man: Kill a sentry tower with a rocket.
    • Explorer: Complete a level in Single Player Waypoint with the display turned off.
    • Old soldier: Complete all single player levels 1-5.
    • War of attrition: Delete 1000 aliens in single player mode.
    • Statistics: Finish the single player level "trigger" with a score greater than 300,000.
    • Praemonitus Praemunitus: Collect all the notes throughout the game.
    • Rapid deployment: Complete the multiplayer "Load" in 10:00 or less.
    • Super-detective: Find all collectible secrets.
    • Murderess deadly: Kill 50 aliens in a row in single player mode without damage.
    • Survivor: Survived for 8 minutes in Survival mode.
    • Material World: Buy each update.
    • Lazy: In a multiplayer game, you reach the end of the level without dying or firing a shot.
    • Sentry Duty: In Single Player, use the turret sentry to kill 20 aliens.
    • The best: Complete all single player levels 1-5 in Elite difficulty.
    • Indestructible: Finish the multiplayer level "load" without suffering any damage.
    • Tormentor: Do 200 damage to an alien.
    • Monster Speed: Complete Story Mode on Elite difficulty with a total time of 4 hours or less game.

Conclusion

As a direct result of Alien Breed Impact, we will not be surprised by the fact Alien Breed 2: Assault is a copy and paste her senior. The problem is that Team 17 has resolved any concerns of the previous section. We find ourselves before a very frustrating level design labyrinthine due to reduced visibility and laborious use of the map and an adventure clearly lacking in scope. In addition, further research phases too long and totally unnecessary, it will also be stuck with the same old tricks of Methuselah to create an atmosphere of oppressive stronghold arising monsters still way too scripted. In short, the title remains in friendly co-op mode features a new game (unfortunately without interest) but it was like an episode a little more ambitious.

Nor is it surely leads the way for longevity, with an estimated duration of the game about 5 hours. Some added as co-op is completely disconnected from the main storyline and the Survivor Mode, playable in the company of a friend with whom continue to resist the hordes of enemies, however, help to replenish the supply, removing the time when you cancel the game forever from your hard disk. The final vote is therefore a mix of sweet and sour taste of retro atmosphere, reported the same feeling of that time on our monitor is now emaciated, and a stark reminder that for all the years pass and quickly realizing it is a good thing, especially when it has a new episode that is little more than an upgrade of the founder of the series.

A good way to lose a few hours and then remembering the times that were either a fast-paced shooter that will keep you company for a time directly proportional to your ability to resistance to mechanical outdated now?
    Alien Breed 2: Assault is nothing but a direct result of Alien Breed Impact. Inspired by Aliens, Event Horizon and the other SF movies muscled, the scenario is primarily used as a pretext for the viscous monster while rescuing a gaggle of bumbling lost in space.