Thread: New Airtel 3G USB Data Card

New Airtel 3G USB Data Card

You might be aware about a use of wireless usb data card where you get an option to access internet any time wherever you want. There are other more competitors in the same market. But what does Airtel give here? That question took me to read and review the various reason offered by Airtel website and other sources. What I found more informative articles on the usb data card where it is mostly appreciated. But the things matter here is the service with the proper network coverage and stable speed wherever you stay. Airtel has tried to provide his users more flexible internet plans that can be your choice as per your need. But better I will recommend you to review the same in more detail before buying. Some plans might be costly and based on timely or on download size basis. That means you will be charged on per mb’s of download. The one thing that Airtel highlighted is the Pan Indian Airtel Network. By this network now it is possible to access the wireless internet access around any State of India no matter where you are.

So one added benefit is roaming facility. But what is the difference, this is also available on other 3G USB DATA Cards? This is the first question what I thought about. There is some difference and that difference is International Roaming. That means you can access your internet outside India also. I am sure there is a limitation. Airtel has tie up with other Telecom Providers also which give the 3G USB Card a power to surf internationally. So this is a good news for business personal who have to attend worldwide events. You do not rely on various services and different types of charges for accessing internet and that too a 3G service by the home company. There are different Tariff Plans for Airtel 3G USB data card. And so there are different charges also. Airtel 3G USB data card is equipped with EDGE and GPRS. Alongwith this it is a SIM enabled usb card which lets you to even send SMS through it. A simple PC suite manager of the USB Card lets you to connect and send SMS easily. Other thing which I want to highlight is the compatibility and performance.

Today we are not limited to a single operating system. So for this Airtel has designed the interface of this usb device which runs on Windows 2000/XP/XP Tablet/XP Pro & Mac. Along with the most recent operating systems. So if you have one of this then without worrying you can get the modem and access internet. The DATA Card is much faster than the common GPRS connection. The only requirement for this USB Data card is that your laptop must be equipped with a PCMCIA slot. This is most commonly found in both newer and older modems.

Some Featured Highlights of the USB DATA Card:
    • Quad-band radio card suitable for use on EGPRS/GPRS/GSM networks worldwide
    • GPRS up to 100kbps high-speed data performance, GPRS/GSM date speeds up to 40 kbps (Network Dependent)
    • PTCRB (1900/850), GCF (900/1800) compliant
    • Compatible with most notebooks and PDA’s providing a Type II PC-Card Slot.

I found the above features in the Airtel brochure which guides me a quiet a good updates. Below are some of the more advantages.
    • High speed 24/7 Internet connectivity through Airtel EDGE network
    • No automatic disconnection unlike normal dial-up connections.
    • Connectivity to Internet when traveling in India or abroad so you save on high Internet charges on your hotel bills
    • Easy to install & simple to use with choice of tariffs to suit your needs
    • Send and Receive SMS via the Airtel Data Card

I had discusses on the advantages already before. But there is some difference in that. Here what Airtel wants to tell is the advantages on the 3G services no matter what you use a mobile or a data card. So that is quiet recommended to review properly. The DATA card is right now using a Airtel 2G/2.75G GSM services in India. It is just a plug and play device. There is no hassle in installation. The card is intended to offers around 3.6 mbps of speed.

Re: A Look on Airtel 3G USB data card

Airtel 3G Service. What it offers?

Airtel has made the website very catchy to explain the features of its new 3G service. Under the line a whole new world of possibilities you will get list of features which you will get on 3G service. Below is detail on that:

Social Networking taken to a new level!

Now this is the first topic. What does this new level stands for. Here what Airtel 3G gives you is power to directly upload your picture and videos on your favorite social networking site. It is possible to upload a file of large size under a limited time. Many of us know that upload limit is always lower then download but in this you get a good upload speed.

Video Calling

Whenever the word 3G comes, the first thing that comes in my mind is Video chat. Like what you do on Skype. In this you get Real Time Video calling. Now you can instead of talking dial a video call to your friends and families. I never tried this. The only need is that other person on the other side must have a 3G phone.

Faster Internet on Mobiles

This is already discussed more time. New 3G network gives you a bigger highway. So that your data can transfer at higher speed. Fast internet connection is the best feature here. If you are going to choose a Handset under this then better go for HSPA models (Recommended by Airtel).

Data Security

Have you ever image why this? There is a reason. This is promoting user to carry on more transaction on mobile internet. WE really worry much for banking work on internet due to virus and hacks. But under this you get a secure environment where you can carry out your banking transaction, buy products, use credit cards, etc.

Online Gaming on Mobile

This new things is really exciting. I never saw a demo on this but what I found that Airtel 3G is equipped to gives you a chance to play online HD Gaming. That means high quality gaming on your mobile. You can enjoy multiplaying gaming options.

Live TV, right on your mobile

Last but not the least. Live TV. This one thing is promised by most of the 3G service provider. I found a major buffering issue. And this is a weapon to consume your bandwidth if you are on a limited plan. But this depends on your choice, if you want a Live TV. Great for Matches . I am ready to pay for unlimited during World Cup.

Tariff Plans:

One plan which I will consider for internet usage is a 2GB monthly plan. It will cost around Rs. 349 for the 500 MB data usage and validity and for 1 GB I will need to pay Rs. 599. In the same way Rs.899 for 2GB. Airtel offers both Prepaid and Postpaid plans. I found the monthly rental under prepaid starting between Rs. 49 to Rs. 999. While Prepaid users can simply purchase the pack of the plan.

Re: A Look on Airtel 3G USB data card

Software Support & Warranty:

Airtel 3G USB data card comes with connectivity software called as Net Warrior. On Googling I found some sites offering a free download. The best way is down lading it from the official website. The software manufacturer is Micromax. It is a plug and play device. Connect and start your internet connection. Now for the first time you have to run the software setup and then wait back for some 5 seconds to get a connection ready. In my case I have a Dell Laptop running on Windows the first download speed was around 90 kbps. That was fine. But the true test is when you use it for month. That is really bad about this wifi devices.

In the pc software you can get the indication of network signal. This is also depends on the place where you are. Sometime for better coverage you might need to carry your laptop near the window. I checked the speed which works fine and stable. Be happy to get 1 year replacement warranty on the card.

Customer Care

My first experience with the customer care was good and I am happy. They are quiet responsive on your issue and really eager to understand the problem. I am not sure that this is a chargeable call. I had not checked the balance after that. I got my first issue fixed when the card was not detecting in the system. Even they said to replace the card if it found to defective. Assurance helps to gain confidence so that we can wait for some days to get a replacement. Now that the place where you get more hassle. Sometime you have to quit your work to carry the tiny thing to service center for repair.

But that is our responsibility the company guy will not come for the replacement. There is all addresses mentioned on the Airtel Website for service center or you can just ask on the phone too.

Some Negative and Positive views on Airtel 3G USB DATA card

I found some of my friends who are using Airtel Data card from some time and ask for their views on the performance. One of them recommends me not to buy this. The reason was about the overall performance of the card. Now what does overall performance means? It means the stability in internet speed. Whenever we buy a wireless internet access the first thing we think about is the amount of download and upload speed and its limits. Today most of the companies are following fair usage policy and I am really not aware that Airtel is going to put the limit on this also. But as per the charges what I found is it is costly. I noticed that it becomes sometime costlier when you try to go for a higher plan. It is not suitable for you if you are a YouTube user and if you are mad about torrents. But the plan fits to those who only work on their emails.

Now there are different choices of people who work on internet. And I will not say that here the plans fits all the need. Everyone knows that wireless internet connection either through a usb modem or data is card is always a costly choice. One of the friend who was partially happy with the DATA card explained me the comparison of this card with MTNL Garuda Wireless service. He was not happy at all with MTNL service and to stay away from he found Airtel 3G USB DATA card as in less expensive and reliable service. He even emphasized that this DATA Card was recommended to him by a ISP. After having the demo he was satisfied with the performance. But it is not really good to judge anything at first look. After using some while he found it more stable and regular as compare to the older one. His monthly plan was of Rs. 599/- (Prepaid). He stated that during the starting time you might get even 100kbps of speed but the speed falls down afterward. That is because all Telecom companies gives more importance to new customer and later on you are on the plan policy.

The best example I can give you is of TATA Photon. For the first 1GB download they offers speed of 3 mbps and later on you get 155kbps (depending on the network coverage) doesn’t matter what plan you have. Later on you might also not even get a flat speed of 40kbps but really that *depends on the network coverage.

Conclusion:

Airtel 3G USB data card is an advanced way out to deliver internet access directly on your laptop and notebook. It provides you both EDGE and GPRS support on a single pack. You can simply access the network for internet in most of the area due to integration of EDGE and GPRS altogether. Normally under network coverage where EDGE support is live you can access high speed internet via EGPRS and in some restricted place where there is no EDGE coverage the DATA Card simply runs on GPRS which make it more reliable and secure. So there is simply no way out to get out of connection. The other best thing about the card is just a 30 second installation which is really a good quality.

It is recommended for both personal and business uses, as mails are everyday need. Simply by some clicks you are connected. The best thing you get an assurance from Airtel is an Anywhere Connectivity. For getting card better dial the customer care number and call the Sales Executive. Or you can also visit any Airtel Mobile Gallery for detailed information. There are some hidden options that you can only find by verbal taking. Like the first time download speed is not same as what you get in the second one. This is some things which is not publically shown but rather mentioned in the device brochure. I had personally noticed this that for the first time you get a good speed which falls down drastically afterward. This all is mentioned in the terms and service of the plan.

In the overall view I will say this is a handy way to get internet access on your finger tip. Not recommended for those who are addicted to torrent downloads.

Re: New Airtel 3G USB Data Card

Thanks mate.

nicolastraffic1 Guest

Re: New Airtel 3G USB Data Card

it is very cheap and provide you very fast service i am also using the same.