Thread: TATA Sky HD complete review

TATA Sky HD complete review

Introduction:

Tata Sky HD set top box released on June 14, 2010, and offering channels in their high definition resolution of 1080i or 720p. The set top box is also compatible with 5.1 channel surround sound. Tata Sky offers you the newest digital revolution, Tata Sky HD. Through the great picture quality, amazingly vivid colors, sharper pictures and surprising surround sound, this new service will offres you a magnificent entertainment experience right at your home. Tata Sky HD also offers you a great TV viewing experience by an aspect ratio of 16:9 and 1080i high definition resolution.

Purchase:I have purchased this TATA Sky HD set top box for rupees of 2599. TATA Sky engineers have installed set top box next day after calling. They have installed set top box for free with great finish. If you want to purchased you can direct make call to sales executive of TATA Sky and can also send the HD STB on the same also.

Re: TATA Sky HD complete review

Installation and First Impression:
    • Connect STB to TV with the HDMI cable
    • Connect cable which is coming from dish antenna STB
    • Now power on the STB
    • Insert the smart card in the STB
    • Allow the first time firmware download/installation
    • Call TATA Sky customer care and give them a bashing to get the high definition channels activated in 5 minutes.

Picture Quality:
    Wonderful video quality with 1080p resolution. I am experiencing high definition video as like reality. Because I am having a Samsung 42 inch LED TV with 1080p high definition resolution. TATA Sky HD gives you crystal clear video and amazing colors. You have to also be clear that one of the full HD resolution of only what you see, if you sit close to it. Even with a 50-inch model can be seen from 3m distance no difference between 720p and 1080i. At 42 inches you must have at 2 meter. Distance seated for Full HD brings something.

Remote Control:
    Remote is nearly half of the size of the standard remote and good appearance in black color also very good and comfortable remote. This remote control feels like a mobile phone in your hand. But the main thing is that this is a universal remote control which keeps you away from tension two remote control.

Advantages:
    • Low cost as compare to the other HD DTH service
    • Five High definition channels

Disadvantages
    Subtitles are annoying in National Geographic HD and Sound Quality of National geographic HD is not even stereo. Showcase Sound quality is also mono. I think TATA Sky HD is now also working on doing project on sound telecasts. TATA Sky HD should focus on sound signal of high definition channels. And also the USB ports are not working.

Quality of HD channels:
    With the TATA Sky HD set top box Standard definition video quality are increased somewhat. And this video quality is much better than the TATA Sky standard definition set top box which is about the improved brightness and color depth. There is also no pixel stretching issue.

HD channels
    • National Geographic HD

• Discovery HD World

• Star Plus HD

• Neo Cricket -- India vs Australia Test Series

• Showcase