Thread: iPod Touch 4G Preview

iPod Touch 4G Preview

iPod Touch Apple announced its new iPhone recently (many have a look at a few months ago at Gizmodo). The new iPhone is faster, has a longer battery life and plenty of new features like a camera in front. All this has me wondering what can we expect from the fourth-generation iPod Touch when it comes soon. The original iPod Touch from the year 2007 was quite a disappointment for Apple fans. After Apple Iphone brought a device on the market, which brought no speakers or volume control and had software that with the present equipment of the Ipod Touch 3G was in no way comparable. It was definitely not a iphone. In the following two years, developed the iPod Touch through numerous hardware and software improvements, but a real iPhone competitor. The only difference was now only to the Iphone, which had the MP3 player no phone. As with the Iphone 3G can be the new Ipod Touch 3G Voice Control to use a function to control the selection of songs or videos. While pressing the corresponding voice Taste, you can tell the iPod with his voice, to play a song by a certain artist, a playlist or an album. Apple has also implemented a hardware encryption, which makes it impossible for personal data on the iPod to restore, if they were deleted. Apple has unveiled a new iPod Touch every September for the past three years, so I think it is reasonable to assume that will come with the fourth generation version this fall.

My first-generation 8GB iPod Touch has seemed slow for a while now and your processor is so slow that the latest iPhone 0S 4.0 - neat new features like multitasking - not even run on it.

There are some existing features of the iPod Touch has to envy, like a built-in speaker (so you can listen to music when I forget my headphones) and a microphone (so you can use Skype). But these features have never looked enough to justify spending $ 300 for an upgrade, since my existing model still does almost everything you want.

All of which made me wonder what it takes to be upgraded to a new model when the new iPod Touch comes out this September. Interestingly, while some have complained of IPAD is just a great feel of the iPod, a large part of my wish list is based on making the feel more like a small IPAD.
    Last edited by The#Danger; 11-07-2010 at 01:07 AM.

re: iPod Touch 4G Preview

Here is my full wish list :

Camera : IPod Touch The lack of a camera has been one of the most obvious disadvantages compared to the iPhone from day 1. If the new Touch came out with a camera on the back and the front (for video chat) and the iPhone in April that it would be ideal, but I'd settle for a single camera in the back so you can take a quick picture or video when I want.

Increased battery life : One of the few things that really impressed me on the IPAD (and there is not much) is his crazy life of the battery life - 10 hours of video watching six hours compared to the Touch. If Apple has devised a way of IPAD enormous power for 10 hours, do not see why you can not apply the same technology to the Touch.

Automatic synchronization : Given the iPod Touch has WiFi, I do not see why you still have to connect the PC to synchronize with iTunes. Even the Zune has wireless sync, for the sake of goodness. I would also see the possibility of automatically download all the podcasts you subscribe to directly to the touch rather than having to do one by one as is done now. I can see why this is limited on the iPhone - all of these downloads may be blocked cellular data networks. But I see no reason why not in WiFi.

3G : This is probably the least likely of risk, but I want the iPod Touch - as the IPAD - had the ability to access Internet through 3G cellular networks. I have no interest in buying an iPhone - the voice and data plans are prohibitive. But occasionally I wish I could access the Internet on my iPod Touch, while outside a WiFi zone - like when you lose driving directions and need to return to the road, for example. A pricing scheme as the IPAD, where you pay by the month without a contract, it would be ideal. If you go on a big road trip and want to be able to use touch to navigate by car, you just sign up for 3G that month and you're good to go.

A fall in prices : I know how I can get greedy? I ask four new features then want to pay less, too? But almost every new version of the iPod Touch or iPhone has arrived - at least - a fall of prices on some models. It may not be realistic, but this is my wish list. What really convince me to update my iPod Touch would be all these new features - and at least 16 GB of storage - for $ 199.

re: iPod Touch 4G Preview

New things in iPod Touch 4G device is as follows :
    • Front camera for video conferencing
    • Rear Lens improved (is much larger than the 3GS)
    • Rear Camera Flash
    • MicroSim instead of the standard SIM, as the IPAD
    • Screen with higher resolution, possibly of 960 × 460
    • Apparently, a second microphone next to the headphone plug, apparently to remove external noise.
    • Separate buttons for volume.
    • Power button, mute and volume are all metal.

And what has changed :

• Completely renovated housing, the back of the unit is now flat, and seems to be built of glass, ceramic or plastic
    • Aluminum Edge
    • Screen somewhat smaller than the 3G, offset by the higher resolution
    • 3 grams heavier
    • Battery lasts 16% more, the internal components are smaller leaving more room for battery

Is this thing real? Sure :

• The unit was running iPhone OS 4 before the release and the person who found it played around with them.
    • Apple killed the device remotely, and no firmware to reset the phone. Remember that the firmware is specific to each model, and is not anywhere suitable for 4G/HD, namely, that of the 3G does not work.
    • After calling Apple they expressed keen to get back.
    • It was camouflaged to look like a protector 3G, but is very well suited for 4G/HD for not noticed that they had the new phone.
    • Because this indicates that it is spinning in the streets, a tactic used by Apple to test their products before release. Who remembers the first iPhone?
    • And finally, when opened, almost all Apple-branded chips were embedded.

There you have it, the new iPhone 4G/HD, with lots and photos and a couple of videos available on Gizmodo. It is quite possible that this model is the end, especially if we are already being tested and would be launched during the half.

Re: iPod Touch 4G Preview

Apple always brings new products from June to September and announced months in advance has not done anything. And more with the iphone out of four not afford to take a more advanced ipod, also just out the software update (which incidentally is very good) is multitasking, you can put photos, folders and other things. And shops will probably do as the 8 gb ipod third generation that is nothing more than a second with three ipods software will come with only four pre-installed software to be updated in 1 year probably physically.

Re: iPod Touch 4G Preview

I do believe in going to be a major upgrade of the ipod touch, since the former was a minor, like the iphone. The design and features of the iPod touch has always been linked to the iphone so if this was also redesigned the ipod touch would have to be. Another point is that to get an iphone with this capacity to run larger applications on ipod touch will not be back because they could market it as a gaming device. I want to see an ipod touch with camera, a minimum of 16 GB memory, which activate the radio (Touch2 and 3g ipod support it but have not activated), similar design to the iphone 4. Most likely have the same battery, processor and screen as the iphone. Anyways I would like to thanks to "The#Danger" for providing such useful information.