Thread: Blur V/S Split Second Velocity

Blur V/S Split Second Velocity

After playing both the games it is really difficult to find out which one of these both is best as it is not as simple like football, no goal that sealed the final result. However, these two games have such common - they belonged to the same family, it would be twins - the game is more relevant than ever. We will see step by step what you might prefer, trying to be as factual as possible and to leave aside our feelings.

Scenario:

Yes, for this first comparison, we'll make it short. I do not think there is a scenario in Blur . In Split / Second , we found a sort of pretext for racing ultras dangerous: the great TV show. With commentator in the French voice of Jack Bauer, or something pretty close.

Blur:

Split Second:

It was this point that annoyed me in Split : the feeling of being in something as subtle as a film by Luc Besson. I do not say it's more mature in Blur, but I was more captivated by the voice a little vulgos of the narrator. And finally, I prefer we do not propose a background all bogus.

Gameplay:

If you've ever played a Mario Kart in your life, you understand what Blur : a contemporary version of the hit Nintendo's mustachioed plumber no. A small ten different bonuses are scattered on the slopes of Blur . With Split / Second , it is different. By performing skids or jumps, climb tonnage of destruction make life of his opponents.

Blur:

Split Second:

I find the mechanism Split a bit wobbly. To boost gauge that annoy its competitors, it must be posted in a location conducive to the use of the handbrake or use it in a place where it is not specifically recommended and waste time. This is not systematic, it depends on the circuit, but it's really frustrating at times.

Re: Blur V/S Split Second Velocity

Graphics:

Here we must admit that Blur currently lags behind. Blur is beautiful, ultra fast, allows 20 players to compete in the same race, but it remains an exciting car. Split is a racing game and scenery! The game of Disney is indeed very nice base.

Blur:

Split Second:

When you activate the special moves, not any missile that shoots at the enemy, but an interaction of the decoration that will hamper the progress of the person or persons in front of you. On the other hand, the "events" occur at specific times of your race. When we did the same circuit 20 times, it is less surprising, but the first time a 747 bearing down on you, it is simply splendid. Performances worthy of the great Hollywood movies.

Tracks:

Anyone well-known with the Project Gotham series will directly identify Blur's track locales that vary from San Francisco to Brighton. Regrettably, Blur's tracks are smaller and less attractive. The nastiest are short ones with plentiful route-dividing chicanes. When absorbed on weapon set, and under stable attack from new racers, these unusual routes feel like one shameful shot too many, as time and time over you'll ram into route dividers.
    Split Second's tracks demonstrate much greater distinction. Even stages like Airplane Graveyards and Ferry Wharfs might not be the most unique of settings, real consideration has gone into utilizing their precise features.

Blur:

Split Second:

Driving throughout massive car ferries and over aircraft carriers at all times thrills. And the industrialized machinery is placed to outstanding use in opening shortcuts and switching complete courses. Along with the potential to modify every lap, tracks can originally confuse. But although they're quickly mastered, this dynamism keeps tracks feeling unmarked and enjoyable.

Soundscape:

I used to following rather tasteful, if, if, I do not recommend the music of Split ET Blur pain of self exploding eardrums. In protest, your ear may strike. Listen again rather reliable values. Split suffers more maladjustment at movies: the sound becomes much stronger, as when running an advertisement on TV. My wife, who still supports my profession for over 15 years, complained of the racket by a cheerful "Have not you finished your mess while I do the accounting?". Even when tests of musical games, it never happened.

Difficulty:

If Blur appear childish in the first levels, it is not the same for Split . It happens easily to finish first in the first two or three rows on the game from Activision. The face-to-face against the bosses are a little tense, but nothing serious. In Split , is another matter. He will go for the second or third places in each race, opening up new cars more interesting statistics to back the opening races and try to get the first step of the podium. With Blur , what becomes difficult is to find any open 100%, get the target of fans to catch the slalom maximum points. Once we finished the first race in Split, there is no real interest in the race again.

Multiplayer:

There is Blur , which is doing handily. Without much surprise since the game was designed by thinking incessantly multi. Split is the bare minimum with three game modes rather conventional. In Blur , expected shortly to enter its first race then they are chained. The downtime is only those that are going to choose his car.

I'm still stunned by the technical challenge of Blur on Xbox Live. Twenty players who shoot the wad on races where every hundredth of a second counts ... No lag, no freeze, smoothly ... Those who have laid the networking code are as talented as writers or graphic designers at Bioware at Crytek . Note that those who have a line completely rotten will fall back on the split screen, available in both games.

Re: Blur V/S Split Second Velocity

Verdict:

It can hold forth for long on the benefits of each game ... The number of criteria compared here, Blur wins. But do not forget that the most important is the gameplay. And that, ultimately, they are not necessarily effective against the two arguments to each other, it is your sensitivity. .

You can obviously find that the gameplay of Mario Kart is the ultimate gameplay and you rush on Blur without hesitation. However, if you prefer a burnout skidding, with dramatic effects on the screen, Split should seduce you.

Dont forget to checkout the complete review of the following games:
    Blur Review
    Split Second: Velocity