Thread: Thermochill EC6 Water Cooling Fluid

Thermochill EC6 Water Cooling Fluid

Before beginning I would like to put a highlight on the Water-cooling technology which we are using right now during the overclocking process. The only problem is the evolution of the liquid cooling technology is that it has not evolved so quickly, so that the doubling of transistors coupled to the increased frequency of these have resulted in electrical power consumed and heat generated power more and more important. On the heat dissipation of 8 Watts for a Pentium 75, it reached to 82 Watts for a Pentium 4 3.2c GHz through a 1.27 Watts for a Pentium II 450. At the same time, thermal solutions have not undergone the same evolution. If we can conceive no longer a modern CPU without a couple heatsink + fan, this type of solution begins to show its limits both in terms of dissipation during overclocking for example, that report dissipation noise ratio.

To dissipate the heat generated by the processors of our machines are used in most cases a couple heatsink + fan cooler more commonly known. The first piece, the cooler, located on the element to cool. It takes the heat by thermal conduction (momentum exchange between molecules), and evacuated by convection (transfer of heat by movement of molecules of the coolant). The efficiency of the heater depends mainly on two factors: the surface presented to the coolant (air or water, which will be responsible for transporting heat in other countries) and especially the ability of the sink to pump heat from the hot object linked to its thermal conductivity.

The difference between the cooling air and cooling water is primarily in the coolant that will be responsible for the transfer of heat. Indeed, it will in the first case of air and in the second water. Although denser than air, water is therefore better for the transport of heat by convection. It should be noted that the liquid having the higher conductivity in a natural state is water, the best choice for cooling water is demineralized water.

Three main elements necessary for a water cooling system:
    • The internal heat exchanger, which is placed on the CPU. Like the radiator in the cooling water, the pump heat exchanger is by conduction processor. This heat will once again be removed by convection heat transfer is through our water
    • The pump, which will create the cycle of water needed to convection, as the fan in the case of cooling air.
    • The external heat exchanger, which aims to undo our coolant - water - heat it has accumulated during its passage through the internal heat exchanger with the cycle created by the pump. Mostly we use a heat exchanger cooling water by air and forced convection, which is created by a fan.

Liquid Coolant :

Company Thermochill, known for its legendary radiator for liquid cooling systems, to the public coolant under its trademark - Thermochill EC6. According to the company, their new product is a highly effective environmentally safe coolant based on a mixture of refined vegetable extracts, non-toxic corrosion inhibitors and dyes to UV radiation. Coolant protects the copper, brass, steel, nickel and aluminum and even has been tested with a number of acetates and acrylic plastic.

Used non-toxic dyes were stable with time and does not fall in the form of sludge and do not settle on the hoses. EC6 produced and bottled in the UK under strict quality control. EC6 has high thermal conductivity, does not conduct electricity and has a bright color and intense ultraviolet glow. At the moment coolant represented by three colors - clear, green neon UV and blue UV.

Thermochill EC6 is a high performance eco-friendly coolant for PC water-cooling based on a blend of refined vegetable extracts with non-toxic corrosion inhibitors and non-toxic UV dyes. It offer's superb protection for copper, brass, steel, nickel & aluminum and has even been tested with a range of acetyl and acrylic plastics. EC6 has a high thermal conductivity, is electrically non-conductive* and with its range of intense bright UV colors it's the perfect coolant for PC water-cooling.

The coolant ships in a natural color 1 Liter HDPE bottle, which has a high flow easy pour neck and comes complete with a secure "twist break seal" so you can be 100% sure there has been no contamination to your new coolant. The non toxic UV dyes in EC6 are stable and are designed not to separate or stain your tubing over time, EC6 is produced and bottled in the UK under the strictest quality control measures.

Details:
    • Pre-mixed with No Need for Additional Additives - Ships ready for use
    • Corrosion protection for Copper, Brass, Steel, Nickel and Aluminum Proven to ASTM D3306 and BS6580 standards
    • Prevents build up of Algae & growth within in your liquid cooled system
    • Electrical Conductivity <2µS/cm at 24C * (most competitors struggle to reach <10µS/cm)
    • Non-Toxic and RoHS Compliant
    • Freezing Point - 6C
    • 85% Bio-degradable Within 30 Days
    • Available in a None colored option or an expanding range of *non toxic UV colors
    • Shelf Stable UV Reactive Dyes of up to 2 years
    • EC6 is a true Eco Friendly Product

Re: Thermochill EC6 Water Cooling Fluid

[/LIST]
    Performance and test :

Thermochill is a famous and widely used brand for water cooling stuff and the same is used for a long time. I am found that Thermochill is active in market for last 7 years in providing best quality of high performance radiators. I had here focused on the thermal performance. Look above for the feature highlight of this product which will give you a much better idea. Let’s talk about the flow first. I had tested a bit on my system about the limit of flow provided by this coolant. The pump was set on 12v and via the Digmesa Flow Meter I am able to get the loop result of this component. That was quiet satisfying. The Flow GMP was measured at 1.61 for EC6 and 1.68 for Distilled water.

Here I am providing the system specification on which I worked.

My rig:
    • Intel Core i7 920 O/C to 3.6 GHZ
    • Gigabyte UD5 Extreme Mobo
    • 6 GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    • Zalman 850W PSU
    • 500 GB Samsung HDD.

Liquid Cooling Setup :

• Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III 360mm Radiator
    • Fan support @ 1200 rpm
    • Swiftech MCP350 @ 12v
    • Alphacool HF 14 Yellowstone Water block
    • Digmesa Flow Meter
    • Temp Sensor
    • Ball Valve

The Freezing & Boiling:

You will need to first fine tune your system so that you get the best temperature and cooling support. For that I had added 500ml of coolant assuming for longer work. I discover that if you keep the cooler in freezer for 12 hours and then leave the same out for around 4 hours then this coolant still has its UV properties.

The cooling gets low as you keep on suing the same under certain hot conditions. But the life of the same is quiet high. The boiling point can be after half hour. It is capable of carrying out the heat much easily. You can buy this coolant from any nearby retail store or online.

Positive Points :

• It is a full solution for liquid cooling and here you do not need to add anything.
    • It is equipped with a steal which avoids the coolant contamination.
    • It is eco friendly and Bio-degradable which is the best point.

Negative Points :

• If you are trying same for long and multiple usage then it is costly.

Conclusion:

Thermo Chill has made a name through its radiators. Now the new coolant on the market and it is on the way to becoming a bestseller.The coolant was tested in long-term test for its functionality and it showed many positive qualities. This non-toxic coolant showed excellent effect in the in various metals such as Copper, brass, steel, nickel and aluminum. It was also verified as the compatibility for different plastics is. Rubber seals, PU, PVC, acrylic and acetyl, the most important plastics in water area, showed no influence in the long-term study.

EC-6 has a high support, but is not electrically conductive. There also prevents the seaweed structure and is not vulnerable to fluctuating Temperatures Rivers. This remedy is the optimum for water cooling! It is a ready-that is, just open, type into the cooling system, done. Another positive aspect, it is also possible to place the external heat exchanger outside the enclosure, so as not heating the air contained therein and to have the same chance to air at a lower temperature.

Notes :
    • It is recommended that you do not mix any other additive or coolant with Thermochill EC6.
    • It is recommended frequent coolant changes to maintain your system loop correctly, and to reduce the conductive potential within the loop as much as possible. EC6 can become electrically conductive in normal use over time or if contaminated just like any other coolant on the market.
    • The use of this product is at your own risk. Thermochill is not responsibility for damage caused to hardware, property or data arising from its use.