Thread: Nokia 6300

ThumbsUp Nokia 6300

This is the kind of phone Nokia does unbeatably well - beautifully styled, great to use and with strong specifications. And yet, it's not one of the flagship N- series phones that everyone's talking about. This is a conventional non-3G phone, so what makes it shine so brightly? First, the Nokia 6300 is impressively thin and, with its smooth and strokable brushed metal casing, very tactile - two reasons you won't want to put it down. It's not unlike the excellent 3G phone, the Nokia 6233 released last year, except it's noticeably thinner. The fact that the screen stands proud of the main body only heightens the effect of svelte good looks.

The understated styling is immediately pleasing, and includes a screen which is bright and colourful (capable of 16 million colours, where most others manage 262,000 at most). And the screen is large, easily big enough for surfing the Net and sending a long text message. Texters will be happy for the simple and accessible keypad; the rectangular keys tightly packed but large enough to be accurately hit. Nokia's easy menu system has always been one of its strengths, though some models became over- complicated. With the 6300, it's straightforward without being simplistic. It also includes games and a more-than-decent music player.

Music is stored on micro SD memory cards and, to change these, the back of the phone has to slide off, though thankfully the battery can remain in place. The Select button with four-way direction pad works flawlessly, without the annoying quirks of some phones which refuse to do exactly what you tell them to. The Nokia 6300 is a phone to be brandished, so repay people's adoration by taking their picture. The 2-megapixel camera is not top-of-the-range, but more than adequate and takes good shots. Battery life is exceptionally good, plodding on for days of medium use with barely a dent in the battery icon.

And, unlike some of the more complicated Nokia handsets, this has an enjoyably speedy start-up time. Also, while most phones take up to a minute to launch contact information, the address book is ready to go within 2 seconds of the Nokia handshake animation. Individually, all these factors are good but not earth-shaking. Together, they add up to a sleek, highly usable handset that is bound to have very wide appeal because of its simplicity and outstanding efficiency. Oh, yes, and the fact that it looks great, too. The phone retails for Rs.8,500 and comes with one year warranty.

It is a common piece but good for uncles not for modern generation
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Nokia 6300

Hi

I bought 6300 four months ago.

Recently i activated mobile office in my handset. Initially it was doing good but later on when ever i was trying to access WEB option it automatically turns off and same happens if i m trying to access via OPERA MINI or another tool alike.

Is there any specific antivirus tool for Nokia 6300.

Please advise.
    Last edited by sachin_nidi; 06-03-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Nokia 6300

You need to check the recommended anti virus software for nokia from these thread. Check and reply.

Download Antivirus for Nokia Mobile phone
    Antivirus for nokia n70 mobile phone

donaldjeo Guest

I thinks it it reasonable price of nokia 6300. Nokia is consider best company in mobile world. almost 70% peoples have nokia mobile with different models and different feature. i have also nokia mobile and its work great....

alexjems41 Guest

The Nokia 6300 is a stunningly beautiful phone. Its stainless steel covers give it a real sense of sophistication and it feels really special.

Beyond its looks, it is also a very nice little phone packed with features, but not intimidating or hard to use either.

I upgraded because I wanted a better camera and music player. With 2 megapixels and a zoom, the camera on the 6300 is fine for general use although is not going to replace my 'proper' camera. It also takes video and records sound.

The music player is perfect for my needs, although to make it really worthwhile you'll need to purchase a larger memory card (which I did very cheaply on Amazon). Uploading music to the phone was quick and easy with the Nokia software provided and have been very impressed by the sound quality the phone produces with and without the headset.

It's early days, and I cannot comment on long term reliability yet, however I am very impressed with this phone so far. It is easy on the eye and meets all my needs. The smaller keys are a little trickier to navigate than some of the older style Nokia's at first, but this is a minor point and I am quite delighted with my purchase!

It is let down by sound system. At times I cannot hear the phone ringing.