At first glance it seems that the GT-S9110 Watch Phone by Samsung is quite bigger, modern watch with high quality leather strap. But on closer inspection one can see that it is happens to be a phone for your wrist. The conversation is either via an integrated loudspeaker via speaker or with the supplied Bluetooth headsets which is already available. With a market price of 471st - € (without contract, shipping and depending on the provider), the Samsung Watch Phone is not exactly cheap. The lifestyle accessory, however, has neither EDGE nor UMTS. Due to the small screen it is hard to go surf on the Internet. Even a camera is not available. Whether these watch phone was able to convince us, we will see in our test.
1. First impression of optical / special features to support the design - An oversized wristwatch.
2. Housing material / surface quality - High quality leather strap with brushed metal elements.
3. Housing Dimensions - With a weight of 117 grams and dimensions of 59 x 39 x 12 mm, it looks a bit bulky on the wrist.
4. Goodness (sharpness / resolution) of the display - 1.76 inch display with 262,144 colors and a resolution of 176x220 pixels. Color-perfect and sharp display.
5. Implementation of the folding mechanism of the bracelet - Stable-looking folding mechanism.
6. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made up of stainless steel and can be opened easily, closed, and sits perfectly.
7. Size of the supplied items - Operating Instructions, Bluetooth stereo headset, battery, charger for the headset and for the Watch Phone. Accessories may vary depending on your network provider.
8. Processing Results - The beautiful Watch phone is made up of plastic, with high quality leather strap and metal frames. With the handy, just in moderation and acceptable weight it looks a bit bulky on the wrist. The TFT display is clear and sharp colors are displayed. The battery cover is made of stainless steel for the Samsung as well as the attached and sits perfectly which also scores for the Watch Phone.
Battery compartment cover made up of stainless steel
The battery sits perfectly in the battery compartment cover
Answer, Menu and End keys
Headset and USB connection
The speaker is positioned below