Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung GT-S5620 Monte Touch Screen Mobile Phone

Re: Samsung GT-S5620 Monte Touch Screen Mobile Phone

Thanx Dear

Actually i never heared that samsung support softwares , by the way many software are available on net.

well its ok, i will confirm it after purchase this set.

All the standard software features that you would expect are here in samsung monte including web browser and email client, as well as being able to support Exchange ActiveSync.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 17-03-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how put a call on standby mode to use the other functions of the phone at the same time ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how put a call on standby mode to use the other functions of the phone at the same time ? Thanks
    What exactly you mean by putting a call on standby mode ? If am not wrong, i think you want to say that while a call is in progress, you want to access other applications. If it is correct than you can do the same quickly. Just tap the menu button and do what you want to do. Call will be in progress in the background.

Hi,
    I'm new to this website but I just wondered if anyone knows how I can stop the phone from saving text messages to the SIM. I'd rather that text messages filled up the phone memory first, like all my previous samsung phone have.
    Thanks in advance,
    Petal :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    how I can stop the phone from saving text messages to the SIM.
    I have never used any mobiles apart from Nokia Brand. So don't know about Samsung, but in Nokia, we have option to change the SMS location from phone to Memory Card. To do so, go to Message, click options and select Settings. Under settings, we click on Other, than SMS Storage. Here we can change SIM/Phone to Memory Card.

Search for the same in Samsung also. There might some option for sure.

Thank you for your idea, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option for that in my message settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Thank you for your idea, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option for that in my message settings.
    I dont know how to stop the the phone from saving text messages to the SIM in Samsung Monte but if you want to clean the inbox, outbox, email drafts, etc, then follow the below procedure:
    1. You need to first of all go to the homescreen and tap on the Menu button
    2. After that you will have to tap on the Message > Scroll and select the "Delete by Folder" option
    3. In here, you would be able to see different folders allocated by default to the storage of your messages.
    4. Next, you can selectively clean them out, by checking the box next to a particular folder and tapping on the "Delete" option or you can simply check the "Select All" option to clean them out.

hi!,i m using samsung monte s5620..
    i had my push mail activated (gmail)...it was all fine,i was able to send mails,receive,mail with attachments,etc..until i had given it for service to a samsung centre...the mic had some problem....they told me to backup everything and delete my email account in push mail..

the problem started then...when i got my mobile back...i activated pushmail again and now i am able to receive mail BUT CANNOT SEND MAIL...it jus says email sending failed all the time.....pls someone help!!

Well in this situation it is always advisable to have a talk with the service provider itself may be they will solve the issue for you accordingly so thats what i am trying to say here also one more thing that i would like to say is that try uninstalling and installing the application of the push mail feature that will be of certain help for you so do try that and it will be beneficial for you so hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the topic.

but how to uninstall and reinstall...pls brief...

Quote Originally Posted by anishd19 View Post
    but how to uninstall and reinstall...pls brief...
    Try the below steps to configure the email settings in your Samsung Monte phone:

Go To > Menu > Messages
    Click Settings > Email
    Then Touch >Email Setup Wizard
    Notice will occur Touch > OK
    Give name to your account E.g Gmail
    Enter your email id : yourname@gmail.com , Then Enter Password for your account.
    Incoming Server type : POP3
    Incoming Server : pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing Server SMTP : smtp.gmail.com
    Secured Connection : Off

Then touch OK & it will display your POP3 email account configured successfully. Now press back button and tap on Email Accounts, then touch the email account you have just created.

i had already done that...i wanna kno how to reset pushmail...!..anyway thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by anishd19 View Post
    i had already done that...i wanna kno how to reset pushmail...!..anyway thanks for the reply
    If you want to setup gmail push email settins then Open your cell phone’s email setting and mark/check on POP.
    Incoming server : pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing server : smtp.gmail.com
    Adv. Receiving : Check on Sec. Connection (SSL)
    Server Port Number : 995
    Andvanced Sending : Check on Sec. Connection (SSL)
    Server Port Number : 465

Quote Originally Posted by amol21 View Post
    To turn off 3G on Samsung Monte Mobile Phone, follow the below methods:

-Go to Touch Menu
    -Then Touch Settings
    -Scroll to and touch Network settings
    -Touch Network mode
    -Touch GSM 900/1800
    -Touch Select

You have turn off 3G on Samsung Monte S5620, if you need to turn on 3G, you should touch UMTS 900/2100.

Usually, here in India if we dont put the names on our contact list in our phone, then we only get the phone numbers of the person who is calling us, on the mobile phone screen, but if we put the names for their contacts then we get their names displayed on our phones if they call us, however I find it weird how does the caller id funtion works in your areas provided by your network provider, lol?
    hi, i have done all of the above to turn 3g of my mobile but the icon 3g is still showing, please help.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast