In a convenient form and attractive design, the Samsung GT-S7550, better known as Blue Earth, comes in Ocean Blue color in our test. From a market price of less than 230th - € (without contract, shipping) depending on the manufacturer, Samsung is the first to visit the ecologically design form of mobile phone. With a solar panel on the back for recharging via solar energy, a housing made of recycled plastic and PVC without plasticizer, the Blue Earth is a very modern product, which comes with also the possibility for memory expansion via Micro SD card that scores up to 16 GB. Additional features include an FM radio, a 3.2 MP camera, HSDPA and WLAN. What makes Samsung's environmental activist, we will verify in the following test.
Samsung GT-S7550 Blue Earth Mobile Phone with solar panel
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - Touch screen mobile phone into high-quality plastic with handy forms.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Smooth, high quality plastic surface appears from recycled PET bottles.
3. Housing Dimensions - With a weight of 119 grams and dimensions of 108 x 54 x 14.2 mm, it is very good in the hand and can be stowed away in almost every pocket.
4. Quality of the keypads / precision of the touch screen - Accurate response of the touch screen with Vibe Tonz - Effect (slight vibration when touching the touch screen confirmation).
5. Goodness (sharpness / resolution) of the display - 3.0-inch TFT display with 16 million colors and a resolution of 240 x 400 pixels. Perfect color and sharp display.
6. Implementation of the folding or sliding - NA.
7. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment lid is made of plastic, the solar panel is integrated. The lid can be easily opened and closed and fits perfectly.
8. Scope of the supplied accessories - Manual, stereo headset, battery, charger, no USB cable, no PC software. We point out that in the sales package may vary depending on the respective network provider equipment.
9. Processing Result - This beautiful mobile phone is made of high quality appearing plastics and was deliberately omitted in which the plasticizer. There is also the housing made from recycled PET bottles. With the handy sizes and acceptable weight, it sits fine in the hand. The touch screen scores with uniform response. The TFT display of 16 million colors provides sharp and clear image. The accurately fitting battery compartment lid made of plastic with an integrated solar panel also scores points for the Samsung. Sadly lacking in the accessories a microSD memory card, for example, competition from Nokia usually sets in memory. Even lacking a USB cable.
Back of the Samsung Blue Earth GT-S7550 Mobile Phone
The battery compartment lid is made of plastic, the solar panel is integrated
Very weak solution for the solar panel
Headset and USB port
The speaker is positioned at the back, below the solar panels