Sony Ericsson U1I Satio 12.1 Megapixel Camera Mobile Phone
Mobile phones with full touch screen operation are in vogue, which has now provided also to the traditional providers that went on this new look and operating concept although relatively late, with corresponding products. Sony Ericsson wished to engage with the U1i "satio" under the motto "better late than never" to the full touch-business smart phone and remembers to make the device with interesting concept, to the old virtues that have been the unforgettable K800i with 3.2 MP Camera quality, Sony Ericsson thus aims for high-performance photo phone in the format. To this claim even in 2009, it will meet with satio that runs with heavy artillery in the form of a 12.1 MP camera. Behind the pictures, xenon flash and face detection are embeded. Using the built-in YouTube client technology, it can also easily upload homemade movies. It is approximately available for 490 EUR (market price without a contract), costing of the satio Symbian OS. The modern mobile phone is available either in black, silver or Bordeaux. The other features include everything that is asked today: HSDPA, EDGE, WiFi, radio, numerous organizer functions, as well as the entertainment organizer MediaGO which media between your phone and PC and transfer data easily. Whether the satio can teach the established and many expressed user the fear of competition, will be demonstrated in our review.
Sony Ericsson satio U1i -TouchScreen Smart Phone
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - High gloss plastic with silver inserts - a beautiful, timeless combination, but extremely vulnerable fingerprint.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Glossy silver plastic combined with elements.
3. Housing Dimensions - With a weight of 126 gram, satio is among the lightest in its class, with a dimension of 112.0 x 55.0 x 13.0 mm, it is not very compact.
4. Precision of the touch screen - The touch screen is not responding as perfect as competitive mobiles with more experience of touch (Apple, Samsung) - this is still potential for improvement exists.
5. Goodness (sharpness / resolution) of the display - 3.5 inch TFT display with 16.7 million colors and a resolution of 360x640 pixels. Very good color and flawless presentation - but neither comes to the display of the LG new chocolate BL40 nor to the AMOLED display of Samsung Omnia approached.
6. Implementation of the folding or sliding - Solid-looking sliding the camera cover.
7. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made of plastic and is easy to open, close, and also sits fits perfectly.
8. The quality and scope of the supplied accessories - USB cable, manual, charger, 8 GB Micro SD, Stylus.
9. Processing Results - The touch-screen mobile phone is a beautiful combination of high-gloss plastic and chrome elements. Unfortunately, it thus has extremely vulnerable fingerprint. It is after with its forms and the weight of our opinion, not optimal in the hand. The touchscreen operation is unfortunately not convinced, as they responded partially right or tap delayed until after the second time. 16.7 million colors are brilliantly displayed on the display. The accurately-fitting plastic battery cover scores for the satio because it sits perfectly. The accessory's included are more than the standard by adding an 8 GB Micro SD card. - With a cell phone without a lot of internal memory, this is in the price league for the 500 euro.
The battery compartment lid made of plastic, can be easily opened and sits well
The volume control buttons, camera / video button and photo button are clean fit
The integrated speaker
The rear show of the mobile phone is more like a digital camera
Major plus point, the brilliant display
Re: Sony Ericsson U1I Satio 12.1 Megapixel Camera Mobile Phone
1. Supported networks - Quadband, GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS / HSPA: 850/900/1900/2100.
2. Reception and voice quality - The reception quality is not compromised even if there is sufficient network coverage. The playback of the voice sounds very well by the existing substance. Noise in the background is scarcely audible.
3. Voice quality of the speakers - The voice playbacks at normal volume sounds a bit overcast, but still natural and very easy to understand.
4. Battery life (with normal use) - Somewhat disappointing battery life of only max. 1-2 days - which now goes better with fully-equipped high-tech smartphones.
5. Storage capabilities of Contacts - First name, last name, phone, telephone, email, video call, internet phone, Push To Talk, company, job title, synchronization: Private, Public, No add; details: Title, first name second, additional name, nickname, mobile phone, mobile phone (private) , Mobile (est.), telephone, telephone (home), telephone (est.), email, email (private), email (est.), car phone, video call, video call (private), video call (est.), fax, Fax (private), fax (est.), Pager, DTMF, Internet phone, Internet), phone (home, Internet phone (est.), Push To Talk, video transfer, SIP, department, job title, assistant name, phone no. Assistant, spouse, children, web address, web address (private), Web address (est.), address, address (private), address (est.), birthday, anniversary, memo.
6. Profiles - General, Silent, Meeting, Outdoor, Pager, Flight mode (flight mode), all profiles are preset and can be easily customized.
7. Calendar settings - Open, New entry: Meeting: Subject, location, start time, end time, start date, end date, a reminder: on / off, repeat: no repeat, Daily, Weekly, every 2 weeks, Monthly, Annually; synchronization: Private, Public, no; Memo: Subject, start time, end date, a reminder: on / off, sync: Private, Public, no; Anniversary: Event, date, a reminder: on / off, sync: Private, Public, no; Task: Subject, due date, a reminder: on / off; Priority: High, Normal, Low, Synchronization: Private, Public, no change; View Week, Day, Tasks, Go to date, settings: Calendar alarm tone, alarm snooze mode, standard view : Month view, week view, day view, task view, Week starts on: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Week view title: calendar week, weekly data, using end; Quickly: Day view, meeting or task.
8. Notes function - New note: Send a message via, via email, via Bluetooth, to delete the Internet;, Find: telephone number, email address, web address, writing language Euskara, Catala, Dutch, English, French, Galego, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish , Turkish, editing options: Copy, Cut, assistance, prepared notes: open, send, a new note, Delete, Mark / Unmark: Mark, Unmark; synchronization: start, settings, input type: Handwriting, small QWERTY keyboard, great qwerty keyboard , Alphanumeric keyboard, text input: Enable / Disable, uppercase, lowercase, number mode, insert a symbol, OCR: Insert word, education, writing language, number mode, help.
9. Built-in voice recorder (Dictaphone) - The playback of the voice sounds good, reinforced, but has unfortunately audible noise in the background. Nevertheless, one can still be satisfied with the recording. Sound clip add, delete, rename, sound clip, Send: via message via audio message, via email, via Bluetooth, on the Internet, go to the media; Settings: Memory in use: memory card, phone memory, host quality: MMS-compatible, Standard, High; help end use; as a ringtone, add to your favorites.
10. E-mail functionality - Connection type: POP3, SMTP and IMAP4. An email account is set in a few easy steps. The downloading of the settings hardly takes any time. Retrieved emails are also quickly downloaded. The presentation is very clear and read fine.
11. Internet functionality - With very rapid loading of Web pages, the satio has no problems and is at the level of very good competitors. The 3.5-inch display succeeds in a very nice and decent view, even in complex designed pages that are present. For very complex sites held it requires hardly any time to display all the contents. The visibility is excellent.
12. PC synchronization - A USB cable is included. The synchronization runs completely smoothly and without error via Outlook.
13. Additional Features - File Manager Setup Wizard, Internet Release, My Look, Maze, You Tube, SMS Preview, sudoku, Clock, RoadSync, Google, search, calculator, computer, Adobe PDF, Quick Office, radio, TrackID, chat, sound , Location-based services include: Google Maps, location, Wisepilot, PlayNow. Rich and useful features to transform the satio even in a small office for the road are given. PDF documents are easily read, and using QuickOffice, it is also no difficulty posting smaller texts on their cell phones.
14. Business Results - The quad-band phone with UMTS provides, HDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth for data transfer which is rather uncompromising. 1 to max. 2 days battery life for a mobile phone with such an equipment nowadays is somewhat low and therefore hardly acceptable. Calendar, notes and contacts are standard and are not to be criticized. The voice recorder leaves in the background, with although slight noise, but still surprised with useful results. The email account is quickly set and retrieving the mail, including attachments is done very quickly. Websites are found quickly. The good display in portrait or landscape mode also brings additional advantages for the satio. Even with fairly complex designed pages, it requires little more time.
Re: Sony Ericsson U1I Satio 12.1 Megapixel Camera Mobile Phone
1. Camera equipment - 12.1 MP camera with up to 16 times zoom, camera modes, Photo, Video, Display, Settings: Scenes: Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Sports, Document, night portrait, beach / snow, shooting mode: Normal, Panorama, BestPic, Smile Detection, Touch-trigger; Flash: Off. Auto, Red-eye reduction, Exposure: -2.0 to +2.0; auto modes: on / off, Self-timer: On / Off, 2 sec, 10 sec; Resolution: 12 MP (4:3 ), 10 MP (3:2), 9 MP (16:9), 5 MP (4:3), 2MP (16:9), Auto Focus: infinity, auto, macro, face detection, White Balance: Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent , Daylight, Cloudy, Image Stabilizer: On / Off, Effects: Off, Negative, Solarize, Sepia, Black & White, Shutter Sound: Sound 1, 2, 3.4, Off; Finishing options: Info: name, type, size, created on / around, image size, file location, zoom, print, edit: Add Effect: Adjust Brightness, Adjust Contrast, Adjust Sharpness, Zoom: 2592x1944, 1600x1200, 1280x960, 800x600, 640x480, 320x240 crop; : Insert Insert Insert select aspect ratio: Manual, background image, clockwise, bubble, clipart, text, posters effects, frames, red-eye correction, monochrome, sepia, send negative;: via message, via email, via Bluetooth, on the Internet ; adjust resize / display screen, print, delete, help, quit, as a contact image as wallpaper, as a caller image, day, slideshow.
2. Camera quality - Whether it holds under normal daylight conditions, at twilight or total darkness - the satio is very promising. Colors and shapes are represented authentically and realistically. At night, the camera can convince with their powerful flash. The image stabilizer works only when the flash mode is inactive.
3. Video equipment - Night mode: on / off, microphone on / off, lamp: on / off; Exposure: -2.0 to +2.0; Automodi: on / off, self-timer: off, at 2 sec to 10 sec; Video Format: VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240) for picture messaging, White Balance: Auto, incandescent, fluorescent, daylight, cloudy; Effects: Off, Negative, Solarize, Sepia, Black & White; Setup: Auto review: an on / off; BestPic tempo : slow, fast; geo-tag: on / off, auto-turning: on / off, reset; Finishing options: Send, delete: via message, via email, via Bluetooth, on the Internet; info: title, file type, file size, created on / around, duration, location, bit rate, auto-zoom off Enable / adjust volume.
4. Video Quality - Colors are authentic and very neatly displayed under normal lighting conditions. For faster movements there are only small veil of visible pixels that are actually negligible. Zooming in the background, you can hear the recording is not what it is in some rivals which is still the case. In the darkness, you can achieve results only if you activate the night mode and the lamp. For additional light contours, they are a little weak and the colors still more visible. Videos of the PlayNow arena can easily be downloaded and installed + first class will be presented.
5. Equipment built to Walkmans - Format: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, AMR, XMF, MIDI, PlayNow, artists, albums, songs, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, my recordings, playback mode: Repeat: one out, loop: Delete on / off, send : Select via message, via email, via Bluetooth, on the Internet, as a ringtone, add to favorites, info: name, artist, album, track number, year, Play Meter, file type, size, duration, Created / position.
6. Sound quality of the Walkman - The quality of the MP3 player is not to be criticized. The loudspeaker is not located, as with most phones on the back, but in addition to the above, with on / off button. A fairly good position, because, the selected titles may be fine to play. In the medium and low frequency, sounds play amazingly well. At higher tones the sound turns out as something sharp and pointed. Without objections, the headset comes of it - of course for it sounds, which is rich in detail and fresh. Moreover, it seems solid and is easily holds up in the ear. Unfortunately, the internal mapping is not working properly.
7. Radio yes / no, sound quality radio - Listen to Channel: using speaker / earpiece to use, rename, delete, save channels automatically; Save Manual tuning, station, background play, support, quit; The frequency is displayed and stored. By renaming one can add the station name. The reproduction of the respective transmitter sounds pretty good. Only partially there might be minimal scratching in the background that are taken into account. Depending on the orientation of the antenna it improves the reception.
8. Storage - 128 MB internal - expandable to 16 GB. 128 MB internal memory are not appropriate in this performance - at least 4 GB would be appropriate to better 8 or 16 Moreover, no external memory option is given to 32, but only up to 16 GB.
9. Multimedia Results - The camera, which is available with touch controls, or button to act simply and easily, has useful additional settings. The quality of the results for the 12.1 MP camera is extremely well. Thanks to the powerful flash that also achieves excellent results in the dark. Clearly laid out and very easy to use is the built-in Walkman. Playlists are created quickly and easily. We were quite surprised about the internal mapping. This does not work smoothly, then the example of a photographed image from the media library, was arranged simply as a cover for various songs. The radio can be set for a 30 transmitter sites, almost noiseless, good sound and ease of use score. 128 MB of internal is not enough, also accepts only 16 GB and does not accept cards up to 32 GB.
Micro SD slot, battery charger - headset - USB connector and hold button
12.1 MP camera
The headset seems sturdy and sounds pretty good
Re: Sony Ericsson U1I Satio 12.1 Megapixel Camera Mobile Phone
Handling / Menus
1. One-handed operation for the main functions available - Yes, partially.
2. Call execute (with menu "contacts") - Easy to run a trouble call and find contacts.
3. Adding / Creating / editing contacts - Problems can be created during contact, editing or adding. The handling runs intuitively.
4. Readability of the display - During the night, and in normal lighting conditions on the day, the display can also read very well. In direct sunlight or exposure to light, we were surprised by the good readability. One must take only small limitations in purchasing. It also occurs naturally, as in almost all other phones on the attitude of the design and background image.
5. Pressure point of the keyboard / precision of the touch screen - Tapping sometimes gives quite vague response of the touch screen, sometimes only after the second time.
6. Handling the navigation elements to prospect the menus - NA.
7. Clarity of the menus - The menu icons and their arrangement are clear. However, hidden among the individual items have still quite a lot of sub menu items, which could contribute to one or the other at first glance a bit overwhelming.
8. Scope of the menus - Useful menu level sufficient with sub-menu.
9. The design of the menus - Modern graphic design, menu icons easily recognizable. The menu style is under Settings - Display - designs that are changed. 3 (issues) are available for selection. Next can be downloaded from the Design-download.
10. Possibility of assignment of shortcut keys - Favorites can be found in the five "standby panel".
11. News Menu - Disable Add symbol: smiley, character, OCR: Insert word, education, writing language Euskara, Catala, Dutch, Galego, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, English, French; number mode, input mode: Enable word recognition /; uppercase, lowercase , number mode, handwriting, small QWERTY keyboard, large QWERTY keyboard, Alphanumeric keypad, by: picture, video clip, sound clip, New Image, New Video, New Sound, page, template, notice, presentation, business card, sending others; Paste Receivers add content to add: image from images, new image, video clip from the media, sound clip from Media, New sound clip, business card, side note, notice as an appendix, original, New Presentation, presentation from the media and other files, messages header fields: CC, BCC, Subject, sending options: Message: auto, text, MMS, fax, paging, character encoding: full support, limited support, message details, size: Standard, Large, Normal, Small, Writing language: see above; help and exit.
12. Photo and video camera operator - The additional settings of the camera are easy to find, after a brief taste also realizing the meaning of each function.
13. Operation of Walkman - The operation of the Walkman is simplified by its clear design. A playlist is created quickly. The additional settings are easy to find and are likely to overwhelm anyone.
14. Reading Memory - Reading from Micro SD cards of various sizes up to 16 GB, and shall promptly execute the satio with the existing data where possible of the type here. These errors are created then in the File Manager automatically; eg Sorted album, music, videos, etc., or arranged as shown on the map.
15. File Management - Easy to create your own folders and move data.
16. Results - The operation of the U1i runs completely intuitive. Calls to run, edit or add contact details, and excellent readability of the 3.5-inch display also speak for the satio of Sony Ericsson. The response of the touch screen could be a bit more accurate, because sometimes only at second time you enter the desired item into force. The one or the other with just barely manageable menu works for so many users through the sub menu items which is slightly overwhelming. The operation of the 12.1 MP camera, the walkman and radio on the touch-operation, facilitates the entire handling. Even messages and emails are written quickly and with the selection of input method, additional advantages. In addition to the Sony Ericsson Memory Cards, it supports upto 16 GB, also quickly and easily read and reproduce the data. Moving your data is done very easily and smoothly.
Answer, menu and end keys
With highlights in the multimedia disciplines satio boasts in any case. Among these was the very powerful built-in camera that can be measured in Photo and Video service with the best contractors at eye level. Also the high quality workmanship is truly inspired. The relatively simple operation, powerful, very nimble processor and the smooth, fast loading web pages are advantages of e-mail accounts that can be adjusted easily, the mail handling is characterized by ease and quickness. The radio has 30 channels places and found surprising at the first channel scan to 17 channels at once - for a mobile phone deal. The playback sounds more scratch-and noise-free. Channel names can also be added. The built-in speakers sounds surprisingly good in performance guarantees, and the supplied headset has no defects. One of the downsides of the satio belongs first and foremost, the internal storage capacity measured far too small - at least 4 GB, preferably 8 Gb or 16 GB would be appropriate in this price range. In addition, only external memory expansion cards up to 16 GB and does not accept up to 32 GB. The battery life is not just a chocolate side of the U1i. Even the operation of the touch screen gets no praise from us, as having responsiveness and accuracy improvement. The display of the device is very good, but sets no new standards. Overall, the satio one comes with the excellent multimedia performance clearly in the upper class.
The Sony Ericsson satio
|Tags: cell phone, mobile phone, review, satio, smartphone, sony, sony ericsson, sony ericsson satio, touchscreen mobile phone|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Sony Ericsson U1I Satio 12.1 Megapixel Camera Mobile Phone"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Which is having the best 5 megapixel camera: Sony Ericsson Elm or C901?||Eduards$||Portable Devices||5||28-07-2011 09:59 PM|
|Secretive Sony Ericsson Shows 12.1-megapixel Camera Phone||Addis||Web News & Trends||0||16-02-2009 08:12 AM|
|Sony Ericsson CyberShot S001 8.1 Megapixel camera phone||mvagusta||Portable Devices||2||30-01-2009 07:56 PM|
|Sony Ericsson C905 with Its 8.1 Megapixel Camera||flyingP||Portable Devices||2||13-10-2008 04:51 PM|
|Sony Ericsson 12.1 megapixel camera Mobile Phone||Andrew||Portable Devices||1||02-10-2008 08:46 PM|