Mobile phones with full touch screen operation are in vogue, which has now provided also to the traditional providers that went on this new look and operating concept although relatively late, with corresponding products. Sony Ericsson wished to engage with the U1i "satio" under the motto "better late than never" to the full touch-business smart phone and remembers to make the device with interesting concept, to the old virtues that have been the unforgettable K800i with 3.2 MP Camera quality, Sony Ericsson thus aims for high-performance photo phone in the format. To this claim even in 2009, it will meet with satio that runs with heavy artillery in the form of a 12.1 MP camera. Behind the pictures, xenon flash and face detection are embeded. Using the built-in YouTube client technology, it can also easily upload homemade movies. It is approximately available for 490 EUR (market price without a contract), costing of the satio Symbian OS. The modern mobile phone is available either in black, silver or Bordeaux. The other features include everything that is asked today: HSDPA, EDGE, WiFi, radio, numerous organizer functions, as well as the entertainment organizer MediaGO which media between your phone and PC and transfer data easily. Whether the satio can teach the established and many expressed user the fear of competition, will be demonstrated in our review.
Sony Ericsson satio U1i -TouchScreen Smart Phone
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - High gloss plastic with silver inserts - a beautiful, timeless combination, but extremely vulnerable fingerprint.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Glossy silver plastic combined with elements.
3. Housing Dimensions - With a weight of 126 gram, satio is among the lightest in its class, with a dimension of 112.0 x 55.0 x 13.0 mm, it is not very compact.
4. Precision of the touch screen - The touch screen is not responding as perfect as competitive mobiles with more experience of touch (Apple, Samsung) - this is still potential for improvement exists.
5. Goodness (sharpness / resolution) of the display - 3.5 inch TFT display with 16.7 million colors and a resolution of 360x640 pixels. Very good color and flawless presentation - but neither comes to the display of the LG new chocolate BL40 nor to the AMOLED display of Samsung Omnia approached.
6. Implementation of the folding or sliding - Solid-looking sliding the camera cover.
7. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made of plastic and is easy to open, close, and also sits fits perfectly.
8. The quality and scope of the supplied accessories - USB cable, manual, charger, 8 GB Micro SD, Stylus.
9. Processing Results - The touch-screen mobile phone is a beautiful combination of high-gloss plastic and chrome elements. Unfortunately, it thus has extremely vulnerable fingerprint. It is after with its forms and the weight of our opinion, not optimal in the hand. The touchscreen operation is unfortunately not convinced, as they responded partially right or tap delayed until after the second time. 16.7 million colors are brilliantly displayed on the display. The accurately-fitting plastic battery cover scores for the satio because it sits perfectly. The accessory's included are more than the standard by adding an 8 GB Micro SD card. - With a cell phone without a lot of internal memory, this is in the price league for the 500 euro.
The battery compartment lid made of plastic, can be easily opened and sits well
The volume control buttons, camera / video button and photo button are clean fit
The integrated speaker
The rear show of the mobile phone is more like a digital camera
Major plus point, the brilliant display