|Tags: cell phone, mobile phone, review, samsung, samsung pixon12, touchscreen|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
The Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 expands its portfolio as a high end multimedia mobile phone with 12 megapixel camera and Xenon flash. The buyer receives it for around 435th - Euro (without contract), a cell phone in a class. In its interior lies a very extensive equipment. A large 200 MB memory, expandable with MicroSD cards which provides up to 16 GB in size, HSUPA / HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps, WiFi, UMTS, EDGE, radio, calendar, video recordings in DVD-quality full touch screen operation and very extensive camera settings are the key features. As how the Samsung Pixon12 offers us in everyday life and whether it sets a new multimedia standards, all will be demonstrated in our review.
1. First optical impression / special features to support the design - Simple, elegant design on the front and looks like a digital camera, the back, high-quality processing.
2. Housing material / surface quality - Metal at back, elegant and timeless combination.
3. Housing Dimensions - With a weight of 119 g and its dimensions of 108 x 53 x 13.8 mm, it is still well in hand and can also be stowed in almost any pocket.
4. Precision of the touch screen - Touch-pressure point with a precise response, which will be confirmed upon request with vibration.
5. Goodness (sharpness / resolution) of the display - 3.1 inches AMOLED display with 16 million colors and a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Excellent color and sharp display.
6. Implementation of the folding or sliding - NA.
7. Quality of the battery compartment cover - The battery compartment cover is made up of metal and is easy to open, close, and also sits perfectly.
8. The quality and scope of the supplied accessories - USB cable, software, user manual, headset, charger, carrying case, 2 GB Micro SD card with adapter, and the included accessories may vary by network provider.
9. Processing Result - The ultra-modern camera mobile phone comes with a beautiful combination of high-gloss plastic, chrome and metal elements at the back. It lies with its dimensions and the weight which is still acceptable in good hands. The operation via touchscreen runs smoothly and intuitively. 16 million colors are strongly represented on the bright AMOLED display. The accurately fitting battery compartment lid made of stainless steel scores for the Pixon12 mobile. The accessories meet the standards, but by adding a Micro SD card of 2GB of high-quality adapter incl.
The battery compartment cover is made of stainless steel, can be opened easily and sits precisely
The reverse is similar, as already selected for strong digital camera
The volume control buttons and camera release perfectly fits
The integrated loudspeaker is positioned at the back
Re: Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
1. Supported networks - Quadband, W-CDMA, GSM: 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS Class 12.
2. Data - Bluetooth ® 2.1, Bluetooth ® with stereo audio streaming (A2DP), WiFi, WAP 2.0, USB 2.0, HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps., UMTS.
3. Reception and voice quality - The Pixon12 also has an insufficient network coverage with no problems and with a good reception quality. The voice playback sounds natural and background noise are barely noticeable.
4. Voice quality of the speakers - Benefit to the speaker's voice sounds a bit overdriven, but remains easy to understand.
5. Battery life (with normal use) - Till 2-3 days.
6. Storage capabilities of Contacts - Phone: First name, last name, display name, mobile - private, Change Type: Mobile business, fixed network - private, fixed-line - for business, fax, etc., video call, mobile - for business, e-mail - private / business, group, ring tone, vibration, birthday, memo ; to add more fields: Mobile - private / business, fixed network - private / business, fax, etc., video call, e-mail - private / business, URL - private / business, DTMF, group, nickname, company, profession, address -- private / business; SIM card: Name, phone number, phone number: Mobile: select, rename, delete, e-mail - private, group, SIM number, add additional fields: Group.
7. Profiles - Normal, Silent, Car, Meeting, Outdoor, offline, all profiles are preprogrammed and can also be easily adapted to their own desires.
8. Calendar settings - Create: Date / Anniversary: Title, Start Date, Start Time, Alarm: off, on time, 30 minutes before, 1 hours before, 1 day before, 1 weeks before, customize, specify details: End date, End Time, Details, location, alarm, leave ): Set on / off; Repeat: off, every day, every week, every month, every year; Repeat until (date, options: Go To, day view, week view, delete, calendar settings: Start date: Monday, Sunday; view format: month, week, day, in the absence of memory, events, memory status: 200 records for possible schedule.
9. Notes function - Notes can be handwritten using a touch keyboard or created. Memo: Creating keypad: Keypad, Handwritten, Write Field 1, Field Write 2; languages (EN): German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, edit memos, send by Message Delete, Email, ActiveSync, Bluetooth options: to print using Bluetooth, memory status, 100 messages can be saved. 100 characters per note for a mobile phone with such a fitting, but not befitting.
10. Built-in voice recorder (Dictaphone) - Voice: delete, record, options: send via: Message, Email, Exchange ActiveSync, Bluetooth set, as: for voice call sign, call sign for video calls, caller ring tone, alarm; details: name, format, size, routing, date created on / around , City; settings: Standard name: voice memo, recording time: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 60 min, limiting for MMS; default memory: phone, memory card; Recorded message: Rename, delete, sort by: date, type, name , size to send, via Bluetooth, printing via USB, Bluetooth, Bluetooth visibility, protection, create folders: Telephone, copy, manage memory, move:; The dictating machine, unfortunately we could not convince at all. The recording is unmistakably marked with strong noise.
11. E-mail functionality - Connection type: POP3, SMTP and IMAP4. Setting the e-mail accounts is done through e-mail wizard in a few steps. However, it must be the SMTP and POP3 server which is to be done manually. The downloading of the settings runs very fast and hardly takes any time. Sending and receiving emails is done very smoothly. Attachments (if not too big) is also easily downloaded from the Pixon12.
12. Internet functionality - The loading of the web site runs with HSDPA 7.2 uncompromisingly quickly. Lavishly illustrated pages are presented in excellent quality and it is very easy to read the web pages. Thanks to the zoom function that is even more clearly.
13. PC synchronization - The needed USB cable and software are included. Synchronization with Outlook runs smoothly as usual.
14. Additional Features - Music recognition, communities, live pix (image editing), Exchange Active Sync, video editor, games: rolling dice, Tetris, Pyramid Bloxx, Monopoly, Brick Breaker, Brain Challenge2, Roller Coaster 3D, unfortunately, only demo versions, Google Maps, timer, stopwatch, task , world clock, calculator, currency conversion, alarm (temporarily mute by turning the mobile phones).
15. Business Results - The quad-band mobile phone with HSUPA / HSDPA 7.2, EDGE, UMTS and Bluetooth is used for extremely fast data transfer. 2 to 3 days battery duration is still acceptable for the Pixon12 with its extensive facilities. The battery life can be minimally increased, if under Settings - Display and light and the brightness is somewhat reduced. Calendar, profiles and contacts correspond to the usual standard, and are not to criticize. It is unfortunate, once again, the note function comes with only 100 characters per note. The voice recorder leaves in the background audible noise, and therefore lets us down - from a high-tech phones we would have expected much more here. The email account can be set using the Email Wizard easily, though, the SMTP and POP3 servers are entered by hand. The retrieval of mail including attachments is very fast. Finding and opening web pages is done fairly quickly thanks to HSDPA. Pixon12 also has 7 games for entertainment (unfortunately only demo versions) and various other features, which enhance the Samsung GT-M8910.
Micro SD slot, hold button
Re: Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
1. Camera equipment - 12 MP with xenon flash and 5x digital zoom; mode: Intelligent Auto mode, Program (camera), video camera, recording mode: Single, beauty, smile, series, Panorama, Classical, Scene mode: None, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Sports, Party / indoor, beach / snow, sunset, dawn, autumn color, fireworks, text, candlelight, backlight, photo light: Auto, On, Red-eye reduction, Off, Settings: Focus Mode: Auto, macro, face detection, self-timer: off, 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec; Resolution: 12 M (4000x3000), 5M (2560x1920), 2M (1600x1200), 0.3M (640x480), W10M (4000x2400), w4m (2560x1536) w1, 5M (1600x960), w0, 4M (800x480), White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, effects: None, Black and White, Sepia, Negative, Antique, sharpener, ISO: Auto, ISO 50, 100 , 200, 400, 800, 1600; Metering: Matrix, Spot, Object tracking: on / off; Image Stabilizer: On / Off, Automatic contrast: on / off; Blink: on / off, image quality: Very Fine, Fine, Normal , Economy;: Adjust contrast, saturation, sharpness, guides: on / off, check: on, 2 seconds, out; GPS connection: on / off, shutter sound, Ton1, 2, 3, 4; Memory: Phone, Memory Card ; reset settings; Finishing options: Upload to the Web, customize, Set as: Wallpaper, Caller ID edit;: Image Editing: Effects: Filter, Style, Warp effect, partial blur;: Auto adjust, brightness, contrast, color, convert: Resize: 640x480, 320x240, 176x144, 160x120; Rotate: 90 degrees left, 90 ° to the right, tilting; Full Resolution Sample;: Insert Frame, picture, clipart, emoticons, text, message on screen; Files: Open, Save As, Live Pix, video editor, slide show, printing over USB, Bluetooth us day after add, review, details: name, format, resolution, size, routing, date created on / around, place, name, model, dDtum, GPS version, width, length.
2. Camera quality - In daylight and normal lighting conditions the camera of the Pixon12 achieved exceptionally good results. The sharpness is very high, not even small details escapes from the camera. The colors are reproduced full, dynamic and authentic. At night, the camera can also score points. The representation of the motif is almost identical to the photographed object and is hardly influenced by the darkness. As I said, a previously unseen quality of camera phones will be offered to the proud Pixon12-owners, thanks to the powerful xenon flash.
3. Video equipment - Normal, a limitation for MMS, slow motion, photo light: Auto, On, Off, EV compensation: -2 to +2; settings: Focus Mode: Autofocus, Face Detection, Self-timer: off, 2, 5, 10 seconds; Resolution: WVGA 720x480, 640x480, 320x240, 176x144, White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, effects: no, black / white, Sepia, Negative, Antique, sharpener, Automatic contrast: on / off, video quality: Fine, Normal, Economy Adjusting; : contrast, saturation, sharpness, guides: on / off, Record Audio: on / off, Memory: Phone, Memory Card, Reset; Finishing options: Send via: Message, Email, Exchange ActiveSync, Bluetooth, upload to the Web; Options: Details: name, format, resolution, size, routing, date created on / around, place, Resolution: 176x144, 320x240, 640x480, 720x480; video title Open audio tracks, additional audio tracks; file to import image import video, import audio, video recording, record sound, edit,: Cutting, Copying: selected, all, cut, delete, selected, all, delete the location, play parts, film and point for the division select Paste; Text.
4. Video Quality - Under normal lighting conditions, colors are sharp and bright. Even if you make faster movements, the pixels veil barely visible. In the darkness, you can achieve fine results, if one goes closer to the subject. But only in low light it looks a lot better. The color scheme is partially mitigated to minimal, but very clearly visible. Not a single mobile phone video camera has achieved so far convincing result in the dark as that of the Pixon12. Even the 720p-capable camera in the Samsung i8910HD is not as sensitive to light.
5. Equipment to built in music player - All songs, playlists, recently played, most often played, Recently Added, Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers, Podcast, Playlist: News, Library, send by: Message, Email, Exchange ActiveSync, Bluetooth options: Set as: call sign for voice call, call sign for video call, caller ring tone, alarm; details: name, format, size, routing, date created on / around, place, artist, title, album, length of the title, genre, recording date, recording date, description, number of the title, format, settings: Background music: on / off, normal sound effects:, Rock, Jazz, Live, Classic, Mega Bass, Concert Hall, Wow HD, bass boost, music clarity, externalization; Visualization: Type 1, 2, 3; Music menu: playlists, recently played, most often played, Recently Added, Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers, podcast, which can be easily added or removed to free choice.
6. Sound quality of the music player - The MP3 player with DNSe 2.0 ™ and 5.1ch surround sound with SRS prima playback is convincing. However, only when the mobile phone sets to the display. Highs and lows sound bright and clear. Songs with too much bass sound minimal overridden. Even the built-in equalizer can easily create a remedy and refine the songs. This can be found under Options Preferences, sound effects.
7. Radio yes / no, sound quality radio - Channel Record:, music recognition, search, manually set frequency, settings: Background music: on / map out; SenderID: on / off; alternative frequency: on / off, radio text: on / off, Recording Quality: High, Normal, Low, Standard designation; AF: on / off, headset or speakers add to your favorites; channels places are abundant. Unfortunately we can not add channel name. Music recognition goes very quickly and the images are too highly praised. The individual stations are given in good, almost with noise-free quality.
8. Memory Storage - 200 MB internal - expandable up to 16GB. Would be desirable for at least 4 GB of internal memory.
9. Multimedia Results - The settings of the camera are easy to find and act just after a short time. These are effective and of superior quality in results, certainly convinced critic for camera phone. The results are to be commended in daylight and at night, very much. Clearly and simply one can also use the built-in MP3 player. Playlists are created quickly and easily. The sound is not to be criticized, even though the speaker is located on the back. The operation of the radio is very easy to use. This wealthy enough channels scores with almost noiseless sound. Sorry, no station name can be stored. The mobile phone has an internal memory of 200 MB and is also expandable up to 16GB.
12 MP Camera
The headset sounds very good and sits comfortably in the ear
Re: Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
Handling / Menus
1. One-handed operation for the main functions available - Yes, partially.
2. Call execute (with menu "contacts") - Running a simple and easy call, find contacts.
3. Adding / Creating / editing contacts - Contacts can be easily created, edited or added. The handling is very simple.
4. Readability of the display - Under normal lighting conditions and at night very good readability of the display. In direct sunlight or exposure to light, one can hardly read the display. Of course, the choice of the background image or theme plays a role in how good the readability can be.
5. Virtual Keyboard - Precise and rapid response of the touch screen.
6. Handling the navigation elements to prospect the menus - NA.
7. Clarity of the menus - The menu icons are clearly visible.
8. Scope of the menus - The size of the menu is equipped with plenty of sub-menu, which by no means is overwhelming.
9. The design of the menus - Typically used in Samsung, timeless design.
10. Possibility of assignment of shortcut keys - The laterally integrated widgets (and even in many current full touch Samsung phones) are used for fast access to the menu. These can be easily adapted to fit the individual needs. All in all, the entire operation via touch-screen is done pretty quickly and easily.
11. Message Handling - Add Recipient: Last Contacts, contacts, groups, manual input; Add Media: image, video, audio, add photo, video recording, record sound, Save in drafts, templates, send options; Add Attachment: business card, schedule, anniversary , task, memo, Favorite, add Subject: Remove 40 characters, subject, add page; language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, T9Ab: T9 ABC, T9 abc, Numeric, Symbols, emoticons; keypad: Keypad, handwriting, writing box 1, box 2, Be, qwerty keyboard.
12. Operation of Music Player - The music / media players can be used quite easily. Playlists are created quickly and otherwise the operation is quite simple.
13. Reading Memory - Reading from Micro SD cards from the Pixon12 is done very quickly.
14. File Management - Easy to create your own folders and move data.
15. Results - The handling of the Samsung GT-M8910 Pixon12 is done relatively easy due to the precise touch control. Running a call, adding contact information as well as the perfect readability of the display (in normal light and at night) brings more points on the Samsung account. The response of the touch screen is to be commended, and the menu has a meaningful and timeless designed menu level, which is clearly laid out. The simple operation of the camera for less settling time, and the handling of the MP3 player are additional plus points of this mobile phones. When composing messages, it gives users easy choice. Handwriting or using keyboard are available for selection. The Samsung GT-M8910 reads the memory cards quickly and easily and reproduces the existing data, as far as possible of the type here. Creating folders and moving data is also carried out easily and smoothly.
The Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 Mobile Phone
Its powerful 12 MP Camera
The Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 offers a barely average market price wit excellent facilities. Its appearance is elegant and also in detail, the phone knows to convince consumers with high quality. But if we consider the reverse, we could keep the Pixon for a digital camera directly. The 12 MP camera delivers excellent results - the Pixon12 here is the new frontier. In the dark it can score points as well as by the day. Colors and shapes are displayed exactly the same. The statement from Samsung "detail and sharpness are played in an unprecedented quality of camera phones", we hereby wish to confirm. At other points, criticism is neglectable. The internal memory of 200 MB is sufficient for user data, but much too small for a mobile phone in this price range. Thanks to Micro SD card storage capacity which can be easily expandable to 16GB. The music player can convince with good sound, though its speaker is mounted on the back. At the turning over of mobile phones the sound is improved significantly. The radio with channel scan does not have great graphic design, must hide but under no aural perspective, of course, is nearly noise-free. The intuitive operation via touch screen allows easy handling of all mobile phones. With HSDPA 7.2, UMTS, EDGE and WLAN, Internet pages are loaded very quickly and with a sharp, true color display prima is visible. Even emails can be easily downloaded and are very easy to read. The Samsung Pixon12 in price, although in the upper class, in view of the performance profile, but you can safely watch the price was justified. For the demanding user, the Pixon12 is beautiful, stylish and also a powerful companion for all aspects of daily life.
Re: Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
I bought this phone and had it for about 3 months and to me it was really a great mobile phone with good camera features though with some light it can create some clear and amazing photos. It also had great wifi and easy to use interface but all of a sudden it started to overheat itself due to which the phone started to shut down. I even took it to the service but it was declared that it wont work, so all in all it was a total loss for such a pretty phone.
Re: Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone
With a touch screen of 3.1 inch and a front camera, the Samsung Pixon12 M8910 has a 3G + (HSDPA) which offers outstanding image quality and loads of features, that is: auto focus, image stabilizer ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction), Face Detection, Smile Shutter and flash led "dual power", digital zoom, geotagging, etc. An automatic lens cover and a dedicated camera button on its edge is also implemented, which is not to be mentioned. The mobile phone displays a resolution of 720x480 and supports MPEG4, WMV and DivX. It also includes an audio player to listen to FM radio with RDS and MP3, AAC, AAC + and WMA.
Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
Codi DC/DC adaptor
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Samsung Pixon12 GT-M8910 12 megapixel Mobile Phone"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Samsung introduced Pixon (M8800) second 8-megapixel mobile phone||Jakub||Portable Devices||3||07-05-2012 12:53 PM|
|Nokia N97 mini vs.Samsung M8910 pixon12 vs. Samsung omnia II||KAMANA||Portable Devices||5||23-12-2009 01:18 AM|
|Samsung Pixon12 (M8910) First 12 Megapixel Camera Phone||Jacek01||Portable Devices||1||01-06-2009 11:51 PM|
|Samsung S7350 UltraSlide mobile phone with 5 Megapixel camera||Lucjan||Portable Devices||1||21-04-2009 02:22 PM|
|8 megapixel camera mobile phone||ShaneW||Portable Devices||5||13-01-2009 07:36 AM|