Thread: Nokia 6700 Classic Mobile Phone

Nokia 6700 Classic Mobile Phone

You quickly see the similarity between the Nokia 6700 Classic and its predecessor, 6300. With caps, and key surface of the metal, and a black border around the menu buttons and screen, has two phones a lot in common.

The materials make the newcomer feel at least as strong as 6300, and we could not turn a single creak out of 6700.

However, there has been a part of the design front since 2007: first is the top of the back cover of 6700 also of metal, unlike in its predecessor.

Taste flattened has also been given a refurbishment. 6700 has a full continuous metal plate with raised lines that separate the keys from each other horizontally. These lines are of great help for the thumb when writing SMS.

Both the number keys and menu keys to the 6700 makes a clicking sound each time you press the down. You do not know that your phone makes a sound, you will probably find this annoying.

The metal makes the phone somewhat slippery if you are clammy hands, but is otherwise very good to keep in terms of both material and design.

Finger marks - again

As with all other phones with mirror-like surfaces, 6700 is not for you if you do not stand a finger mark or two. Or should we perhaps say ten?

This phone shows namely fingerprints and imprints of her cheek like very well. After a call and some SMS, phone looks simply pretty indelicately out, and we wonder why Nokia have not sent with a cleaning cloth to 6700.

If your fingers are dirty, it is better to keep a distance from 6700. The aforementioned grooves that separate the number keys from each other, namely effectively collect up whatever you leave the keys when using the phone.

6700 does not have many shortcut keys, namely, only the volume control and camera. And the more you do well, strictly speaking, no.

The screen is 2.2 inches high, and fill out well the top half of the 6700s cover. Screen specifications are quite common for phones in this class, and excels in no particular way.

Easily

The menus are clear and fine, with streamlined icons. Menu setup is as you know it from previous Nokia models, with the Series 40 menu system, where you can choose from a grid or list of menu choices. You can also choose to display the menus in the tabs if you wish.

Series 40 is the active standby. This means that you can add shortcuts to programs and features you use often in the screen when the phone is not in use. You can also get the current calendar appointments, notes and other info you need.

Except the above-mentioned polishing cloth, you get what you expect in the box to the Nokia 6700:
    • Phone with battery
    • Chargers
    • USB cable
    • Headsets
    • Instructions for Use

Re: Nokia 6700 Classic Mobile Phone

Design and usability

• Form: Classic
    • Dimensions: 11.0 x 4.5 x 1.1 mm
    • Weight: 113 grams
    • Display: TFT, 2.2 inch, 320 x 240 pixels, 16.7 million colors
    • Shortcut Keys: Volume, camera
    • Input and output: Loader, micro-USB
    • Short positions: Yes, Micro SD (1GB included)
    • External antenna socket: No
    • Menu System: Symbian Series 40
    • Price: approximately Rs. 14000

Much has happened on the mobile front since 6300 came out, and it was almost entirely missing the 6700 does not have what it has.

Want to surf the web with your phone, you can have speed with super-3G in the central areas. In the rest of the country provide 3G coverage to completely ok speeds, and at worst Edge if you are off the beaten track.

6700 also supports four GSM frequencies, which means the phone can be used in most places in the world, including North America.

We have nothing to reproach either voice quality or voice time. The voices sound good both ways, and of average use you do not charge the phone more than once a week.

Internal memory of 6700 is 170 MB. On this you will get crushed in about 30 songs in good quality. The memory can be expanded if desired, specifically with the memory of the type Micro-SD.

A little slow?

A complaint of 6700 is the speed. At times, the phone seems somewhat slow to perform even the simplest tasks. When the SMS inbox takes time to open with 16 messages in place, we dare not think about how long it will take when you have received about a hundred SMS.

6700 is equipped with the same new features found in most other phones in same price range: Alarm, Converter, tasks, timer, stopwatch and calculator, to name a few.

The calendar is intermediate advanced, with the possibility of entering everything from reminder and birthday to anniversary, and note. The address book has an upper limit of 1000 contacts. In addition to the name, number, and other common information, there is room for a nickname, job title, user ID, and more.

6700 comes with a small collection of pre-installed applications: Facebook, Messenger and Myspace and Youtube and Flickr.

Surfing and social services

Another program 6700 has is Opera Mini browser. This browser allows you surfing quicker than most other web browser, because the pages are compressed so they are adapted to your mobile phone. The web pages will also fit your screen, so it will be easier to navigate.

Opera Mini is a good browser, and easily beats the built-in browser to 6700. Here it is the hard to get a complete overview of the sites you visit.

To sum up, is not 6700 any bad phone when there are technologies and opportunities. The phone has both super-3G, assisted GPS and a good calendar and address book.

Technology and features

• Mobile networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HDSPA 2100 MHz
    • Internet Speed: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA
    • Wireless transmission: Bluetooth 2.1
    • Retrieving e-mail: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
    • Battery: 3G, Up to 17.3 days rest, 4 hours talk time; GSM, up to 17.3 days rest, 5 hours talk time
    • SAR value: 0.41 W / Kg
    • Internal Memory: 170 MB, support for Micro SD memory card
    • Address: Up to 1000 contacts
    • Calendar: Yes
    • E-mail reader: Yes
    • Features: Alarm, Converter, tasks, timer, stopwatch, calculator, file manager, recorder, A-GPS
    • Synchronization: SyncML, Nokia PC Suite, Outlook

6700 do not differ significantly from Nokia's second medium-advanced mobile phones when it comes to entertainment piece.

The phone comes with a small pile of games installed. The range is wide, and you can play everything from golf, and antitrust to shoot the lady in the Lara Croft game Tomb Raider.

Are you tired of the games, you can always download more Java games from the internet.

Fin media player

The media player is simple and straightforward. You can play music in 6700 while using the phone for other things, and also control the player from the phone's sleep.

Do you have a lot of music on the phone, sorting the features come in handy. In 6700, you can sort of artist, album, genre and playlists.

You can not use your own headset to 6700, since the phone only has Micro-USB port. However, you can buy a transition out of and to connect to exactly the headset you want.

The included headset does not provide the music justice, and makes the sound thin, sharp and at times wrenching. It helps somewhat to use the phone audio equalizer, but not the phone if you want to bring out the detail and fullness of the music you listen to.

It's better to use the headset to listen to the radio. The voices are clear, namely the fine in the good FM coverage.

Good camera

Camera 6700 can take five megapixel photos, and makes it surprisingly good for both outdoor and indoor.

It should, however, little before the pictures are blurry and grainy indoors, even under good lighting conditions. In addition, it takes a bit too long between pressing the button and the picture is taken.

Can you keep the phone silent long as anything else, you get clear, crisp images, which in addition have good color reproduction. We experienced, however, and the images were slightly darker than the reality.

Nokia has made a little genius in the camera function in 6700: To start the camera, press the camera button one time, and to start the video camera, hold the button down until the applicant comes on the screen.

To capture video with 6700 runs very nicely. The applicant is hanging well, and the picture is not Pixelated. The sound that will be addressed at the same time, however, is poor.

Multimedia

• Media Features: Media library, shuffle, repeat, audio equalizer
    • Media formats: AMR, MID, MP3, MP4, M4A, AAC. WMA
    • FM Radio: Yes
    • Wireless stereo (A2DP): No
    • Media Outputs: Micro-USB
    • Java support: MIDP 2.1
    • Games and Entertainment: Blunce Tales, Brain Champ, Bubble Bash, Monopoly, Seasweeper, Snake 3, Tetris Pop, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009, Tomb Raider
    • Camera Resolution: 5 megapixels
    • Autofocus: Yes
    • Flash or photo light: LED Flash
    • Video shooting: 640 x 480
    • Other: The Image mode, size, white balance, effects, night mode, quality, self timer,

Conclusion

The first impression of 6700 is positive. The phone's exterior is made of shiny metal.

Solid and exclusive

Metal use makes the phone very solid, and it provides as well an exclusive look. The same metals, however, to draw up fingerprints easily, and the phone can still see be indelicately out if you're not wiping it off and on.

The number keys are a continuous metal plate, and some might think the keys are a bit harsh. Horizontal grooves make it, however, easy to find the right key.

6700 is well equipped to use the mobile network. Both super-3G and 3G guarantee you good surfing speeds in all central areas of the country. Are you off the beaten track, give you Edge reasonably ok speed.

Assisted GPS is also in place, as well as Nokia's own mapping software.

The phone is a whole entertainment phone. A simple and straightforward music player, FM radio as well as nine pre-installed games should give you entertainment for a good while.

Internal memory of 6700 is of 170 MB, which is not all about the world to use their mobile as a music player. Extra space for memory card gives you, however, able to carry large amounts of music in your pocket.

The new phone has good voice quality. Battery life is not anything to say on, and we charged the phone about once a week.

Outdoor Camera

Camera 6700 can take pictures in five megapixel resolution. In dark environments or indoors is easily grainy images. In daylight, however, show off the camera with both clear and vivid images.

All in all, 6700 is a very good phone with few drawbacks and deficiencies for those who want a simple telephone medium. Design is of course a matter of opinion, and if not grease stains are no hindrance to you, you should be very pleased with 6700.

However, there are also options. Need a phone that is chopped with advanced and with additional Wi-fi, you can take a look at the Nokia N79.

Pros

• Solid
    • Super-3G
    • Big Game
    • Good camera outdoors
    • Feels exclusive
    • Good battery life
    • Good sound quality, calls
    • Simple and straightforward music player

Cons

• At times a bit slow
    • Grease stains seem good
    • Finger marks show well
    • Photos indoor quickly becomes grainy
    • Motion-sensitive cameras
    • The pictures are grainy fast

question

I have recently purchased the nokia 6700. I am not very happy with the headset they've provided since i cannot use it to cotrol the media player and I cannot change the songs being played by using the hands free. Also, if i get a new call or msg, the song being played in the media player starts playing from the beginnig!!
    Can some body please help me find a way around this??

That may be the software bug, Go to nokia care and tell them about the problem, they will fix it. About the headset, The phone may not support such fuctions from the headset...

Yeah my cousin also having nokia 6700 and its true that you said, and Moreover the media player in Nokia 6700 offers other features like Playlists, Equalizer, and album graphics display and also allows selecting the files by artist, album and genre.

thanx 4d reply.. there are also many minor tweaks im not happy about.. i cant figure out how to switch on the loudspeaker while listening to the radio..

hi I have the 6700 nokia, and i use to have also another nokia and i saved all my contacts in the memory card, but the new phone 6700 can't read them he puts a question mark near to every name, how to manage to download the names?

Try Nokia pc suite which comes with your phones, after installing Pc suite connect your phone with pc and synchronize your contacts.

Use the Nokia PC suit of Nokia 6700 to backup the contacts and restore the backup to the another 6700 mobile.

I have Nokia N82 with same 5 MP camera.Is 6700 camera better than N82?

i have a problem in swith my bluetooth on

While the radio is on, press Options and select Loudspeaker to listen to the radio through the loudspeaker. Do not disconnect the headset, as it functions as the antenna for the Nokia 6800 messaging device. To switch back to the headset, press Options and then Headset. If you receive a call while listening, it is always routed to the headset.

Tips
    Even if you are listening to the radio, you can still make phone calls or answer incoming calls. The volume of the radio is first muted, and when you end the call, the radio volume is automatically restored.

williamjems Guest

Hi Everyone..

I recently purchased the Nokia 6700 classic which had the CA 101D USB Cable inside the box. I can use the data storage and media modes easily when connecting the phone to my computer.
    However, the PC Suite mode does not seem to work so well.
    After a successful installation and update of PC Suite 7.1. I followed the steps to connect the phone. After connecting the phone, I get the message and bar that the cable drivers are being installed. After waiting for over an hour for this step to complete, it has not done so. I have reinstalled the program and restarted the computer multiple times, but it has the same effect.
    I am using Windows XP. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.