Thread: Sony Ericsson P1i Smartphone

Sony Ericsson P1i Smartphone

Sony Ericsson’s P series with Symbian platform got appreciated by the people,so they did not cease the release of the new mobile in this series,lately they launched the latest addition to the P series the P1i,but no flip design as the old P series have.It's mostly targetd at business oriented guys.The Sony Ericsson P1i gives you always-on access to your email, calendar and contacts. 3G gives you the speed you need. you have full applications on your phone in order to view and edit documents even if you are in the middle of the road.

The mobile featured with 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, a QVGA touchscreen, a 3.2 megapixel camera and a full QWERTY keyboard it co operates multimedia and enterprise capabilities on par

the mobile
    *Symbian UIQ 3.1
    *3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus
    * Secondary camera for video calls
    * UMTS
    * WiFi
    * 2.6” 262K colors TFT touchscreen
    * Memory card slot (M2)
    * Bluetooth
    * FM Radio with RDS

The phone features a 208MHz processor they increased size of operating (RAM) memory, P1 has twice more RAM than the previous models.The P1i uses the same UIQ 3 software platform as the P990 and there are relatively few software differences between the two phones.on the other hand 80 MB free RAM in the P1 means virtually unlimited multitasking, i.e. the ability to simultaneously run as many programs as you wish and keep them working in the background.the ideal shape has a beautiful aluminum/matte black finish.the P1i (106 x 55 x 17 mm) is much smaller It weighs a light around 124g compared with other phones in this series.

Coming to key board every key has 2 letters on it,buttons are a little bit too small to include 2 letters on the same key. Furthermore, people with astigmatism will face some difficulties.how ever contrast between the color of the keys and that used for the letters or numbers will solve it.

There’s nothing special in camera but the 3.2 megapixel autofocus It delivers similar quality as the one in the P990 but the increased resolution of still pictures means more details on your photos and allows for prints of larger size, comparable with standalone digicams. There is also a secondary camera located on the front side of the phone which is used for video calls.and the dual LED flash will probably caught your attention. Second eye catcher is just above the camera lens, a reflecting silver line and if you I have understood right, it covers the loudspeaker.On the left side, Sony Ericsson P1i has a hand strap eyelet, a Jog Dial and a back key. On the right side there are two buttons, an Internet button and a camera button. There’s also M2 slot on the right side.

Just like the P990, the P1 is an UMTS/GPRS phone, which means no HSDPA or EDGE. pathetic, It is also disappointing that WLAN still only supports 802.11b (11 Mbps). The P1 is the only WiFi device with no "g" mode support I own, still forcing us to keep my wireless router working in the Mixed mode.

The phone renders all multimedia applications with impeccable ease. Itcan play your video’s, music files with that Walkman-ish interface. It also has an FM player with a really neat looking interface. the speaker which delivers a pretty crisp output fitted at back. If you’re playing high bitrate media, there is little or almost no distortion even at the highest volume. But, the provided earphones suck with a capital ‘S’. Your ears will hurt in no time and their sound quality is abysmal.the TrackID samples a portion of the music, send it back to the main database and gives you complete track info.

The P1 has 160 MB of internal storage memory storing user data, email, etc.and comes with 512 MB Memory Stick Micro (M2) memory card on purchase,which can expandable up to 4 GB. The slot supports hot swapping. I'd recommend to install most of 3rd party applications and files on the memory card as the messaging folder cannot be moved to the memory card.

The battery is a Li-Ion 1120 mAh unit and is rated for up to 10 hours of talk time and 440hours of stand by time. In reality one can hope at least 2 days if your usage is like one hour of talking, an hour of music playing, a few shots on the camera and some file transfer on the bluetooth.There’s no doubt the fact that the P1i is probably the best Sony Ericsson smartphone available. It’ brings a better performance than the P990i and the UIQ 3 interface promise.

Re: Sony ericsson P1i reviews

the key board certainly lacks, and the letters are hard to visible some times
    it also doesn't support U.S. 3G networks
    But i really have to admit The Sony Ericsson P1i features a beautiful touch screen and smart phone also offers robust e-mail capabilities