Thread: Samsung i8910 HD Symbian smartphone

Samsung i8910 HD Symbian smartphone

Samsung I8910 HD - this is a smartphone with a maximum performance to date in the portfolio of Nokia has no comparable product, if the start of the hardware platform. In the N97 used to develop the company, this is the first smartphone in the Single CPU lineup N9x, but the only difference from 5800 and others - it just increased the frequency of the processor, 434 MHz against the traditional 369.

The latest version of the operating system with support for widgets than 8 MP camera, sound, large memory, great job with the video, and indeed the entire function set is unique. More sophisticated device is not available. N97 - is a series of compromises on the part of the hardware platform, with video, although the Finnish smartphone, and offers the best implementation of software platform, higher quality sound, long time and a record amount of memory - 32 GB.

Samsung re-uses the Symbian platform in the creation of a multimedia leader, the fifth edition support for touch screens. And again as a major competitor in favor of multimedia flagship Nokia. A year ago it was the N96, now - N97, and, again, smart phones are different form factor, the volume of embedded flash memory, camera, hardware platform. The value and position are very similar.

Specifications Samsung I8910 HD:

• Network: GSM / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) and UMTS / HSDPA / HSUPA (900/1900/2100 MHz) 5.76 Mb / s, 7.2 Mbit / sec
    • Display: 3.7-inch touch AMOLED, with a resolution of 360x640 pixels, displays 16 million colors
    • Camera: 8 MP with autofocus, LED flash, Face Detection (feature recognition of individuals), Smile Shot (fixing smiles), Blink Shot (exception wink), Panorama Shot
    • Memory: 8 GB or 16 GB, slot for memory cards format microSDHC (up to 32 GB)
    • Communications: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0
    • Navigation: GPS
    • Audio: MP3/AAC/AAC + / eAAC + / WMA / RA
    • Video: DivX/XviD/H.263/H.264/WMV/MPEG4, AVI, etc.
    • The touch interface TouchWiz 3D online widgets
    • Stereo speakers DNSe 2.0
    • FM-radio with RDS
    • The compass, accelerometer
    • Battery: 1500 mAh
    • Dimensions: 123x58x12, 9 mm

Re: Samsung i8910 HD Symbian smartphone

Samsung I8910 HD is without any design sophistication symmetrical shape, with a minimum of controls. Just want to say that the material performance - completely plastic, although in earlier versions of the back panel was a metal. In production - namely, the one who is in our testing. Plastic - a very high quality, glossy, in the best traditions of Samsung. This is not very realistic, fingerprints are everywhere, from this point of view much better than N97. Perhaps it is the only criticism of the execution apparatus, from the point of view of design I8910 HD looks better, stronger, more interesting.

The main part of the front surface is the big screen, and the distance to the edges of the shell is very small. In fact, the screen and determine the dimensions of the phone, its appearance. Screen Size - 46h82 mm (diagonal - 3.7 inches), it is stretched in length, has a 16:9 aspect ratio. The display looks like the best of all, this ratio has resulted in a relatively small width of the device while maintaining the maximum diagonal. This excessive width becomes a negative factor for many devices, the iPhone is noticeably wider, less is at hand. The screen is not recessed into the body, means the only finger control, not a stylus (capacitive screen). The screen is protected by tempered glass - a nice feature on the background of the other solutions in this class. Above the screen is sensor lighting, frontal camera for video calling and the probe approximation.

On the left is a slot for memory cards, right - the connector microUSB, cover plugs. C, right side are buttons to adjust volume, start the camera, as well as the lock screen. In the upper end - the speaker and a standard 3.5 mm connector for plug. Location 3.5 mm Jack as comfortable, does not cause any inconvenience. In the lower end - the second speaker, they are very loud, but not too good, the sound at maximum volume, a little wheeze.

There is no backlash. Built-in camera lens is not protected, except the metal rim of the projection, the shutter on the phone no. However, the curtains would have increased the thickness of a few millimeters so that its absence - rather a plus than a minus. There is a single LED flash, a bit weaker than the analogue in the N97.

The screen is large, 3.7 inch (46h82 mm), elongated in length, has a 16:9 aspect ratio. This is the maximum diagonal screen from all Symbian-smartphones, the same Nokia 5800 phone is less than, and significantly. Thanks to high resolution (640h360 points, QHD) the picture looks excellent, but even more pleased with the technology used: AMOLED. This technology allows the display to reduce power consumption, ensures the brightness of colors, best viewing angles and high speed of updating the image. The latter is especially important for the device, designed to work with video.

The truth at the expense of powerful and energy-hardware platform OMAP 3430 record results in time, as in the N97, it does not always have to split the difference. In some modes of the unit shown is not too high results, it is connected with one feature - the widget. Where to display the widgets that work in real time and constantly updated information, the work has been steadily declining. The same is true with the N97. If you disable the widget, or do not use applications that require network activity, the time will be only slightly lower than the N97.

Battery

Samsung I8910 HD complete with battery capacity of 1500 mA * h, is maximum in the current realities. The truth at the expense of powerful and energy-hardware platform OMAP 3430 record results in time, as in the N97, it does not always have to split the difference. In some modes of the unit shown is not too high results, it is connected with one feature - the widget. Where to display the widgets that work in real time and constantly updated information, the work has been steadily declining.

Communications

Traditionally, an embedded module Wi-Fi. There is also a WLAN Wizard, a simple assistant to configure the connection. Options sufficiently little, if any network is proposed to establish a connection, define the access point by default, there is a filtering network. Safety standards - WEP, WPA, WPA 2. In the scan settings indicates the existence of networks WLAN. There is also a certified DLNA, so that you can open access to content within the smartphone, as well as play content from other compatible devices such as stereo systems. After setting appears in the Gallery menu item «show via home network», which allows you to display or play on another device, the selected files.