Thread: HP Pavilion DV5-1105EF- HP Laptop

HP Pavilion DV5-1105EF- HP Laptop

Hello to all,

This is my first message on this forum, but I hope it will serve a few people willing to have more information on the laptop HP Pavilion DV5-1105EF, which was just released.

That is 2 nights that I have this laptop, and here are my first impressions.

1 start is very easy to do, the instructions are clear and detailed enough to not be found "lost" in each of the steps.

Where it is Lies

When you need to configure Windows Vista, starting from a scratch, or For a person coming to XP or have had little or no experience with the PC in the hands, it is always easy for him to handle it... However, for my part, everything was well done, even the installation of WiFi.

But I was a little quick on the aesthetics of the computer. It is not to say is clean, neat. hood color is "carbon" as a ground with very fine lines of horizontal and vertical. The screen shows a pointed silver color and a touchpad in the most beautiful mirror effect. The keys are quite large. A sequence of keys is located above the keyboard to quickly launch the QuickPlay software, disable / reduce / increase the sound volume, perform the following chapters / Back when playing a DVD, or stop the current playback. You can also disable / enable WiFi.

Specifications

All connectors are positioned on the side or front (for connecting headphones - there are 2 - and micro). Left side, there is the VGA output, HDMI, RJ45 port, eSATA port (which can be used as a USB port), a U.S. port, a DVI port, card reader, Express Card connector and port Extension 3. Right side is less provided: power jack, 2 USB ports. For there is against the DVD.

Without going into detail regarding the technical specifications (they are easily found), the PC gets a performance index of 4.0 with vista. It is pulled down by the graphics card, despite its 512Mb dedicated (it's DDR2). Nevertheless, we shall see a bit lower, it seems sufficient for what we expect from this laptop.

Specifications of Laptop Hewlett-Packard Pavilion DV5-1105EF

Category: Portable Computers / Laptop
    Brand:Hewlett-Packard
    Screen:15.4 inches
    Processor Type:Turion 64 X2
    Processor:Turion X2 ZM-80
    Memory:3GB
    Graphic chip:ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450
    Hard Drive:250GB
    High Definition Player
    Portability

Re: HP Pavilion DV5-1105EF- HP Laptop

The laptop screen is bright and it is unfortunately not very bright on this side there
    I may be difficult but I'm really struggling with this so we paste slab brilliant screen on laptops. There are laptops which are very powerful and can in no way suffer from a lack of brightness! Despite this, the colors are extremely difficult to resolve. I am far from expert, but I find that the colors are saturated. I was fine playing with the settings for gamma, brightness, contrast ... Can not find a setting worthy of the name (for the connoisseurs, I'm interested).

Webcam integrates perfectly with the design, and the witnessed activity that is almost too well integrated it is so quiet that I did not even notice the first time. I have not tested the microphone ...

Overall performance

Overall performance

Windows starts up relatively quickly (I have not measured but about 1m30, it is on the desktop). It is not slow, and happily.
    The keyboard is comfortable, the keys are responsive and well sized.

In games ... I just installed Online, and it runs quite well. The image quality, I started pushing all the details at the bottom in the native resolution of the screen. Well, for this to lagging in the meantime, they begin to have a dozen NPCs on the screen. Spells can also produce this effect ... I have not tested PvP zone or scenario, I think at this level of detail, I have the time to prepare integration between 2 images.
    So in average quality, the game should run without any problems ... I have tested (there is still some work to do huh? )

Unfortunately, I did not have time to do much else yet.