Thread: HTC Touch Diamond2

HTC Touch Diamond2

Although there was a time in which it doubted, and that ultimately I choose, I think I am (currently) quite clear what I am going to purchase mobile in the coming months: the HTC Touch Diamond 2.

Now comes the point where most people who know me or still, he wondered why I'm going to do with a mobile phone with Windows Mobile, when I have other options available to me as Symbian or Android. Simple, do not bet on Windows Mobile, but for the TouchFlo3D.

Before continuing, let me in for some long internal dispute.

In my quest for a decent terminal and close to my needs and / or requirements, I thought the Blackberry Curve 8900, its 3G version later this year (the 9300 ¿?) Or Blackberry Storm. The problem was that these three options, being in possession of a Blackberry Curve 8300, the difference at the level of software would be fair.

After all, a Blackberry is a double game: I have at my disposal for most applications that use soil as a Twitter client (Twitterberry) messaging client (Google Talk clients and other native officers), Gmail , Gmaps, etc., but within the tariff data vendor (BIS), which makes me unable to use certain applications such as Twibble, which I enjoy tremendously.

And if I wanted a touch screen, the only option is relegated to the Storm. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to test and one-button screen is very good, but not suited to my way of working. I suppose it is a very good option, especially when managing mails, etc.. But what I'm looking for is not for work but for me. I suppose in a future finish pounding my head until I get a Blackberry Curve 9300 (the 8900 with 3G). But until that comes, there is still a long time. If the display of the new BlackBerry, in all its forms, are impressive, but beyond an enterprise does not finish them. In other respects, simply flawless.

Discarding Blackberry, I would have to go to the 4 remaining options at the operating system: OS X (iPhone), Android (HTC Dream G1 and G2 Magic HTC) Windows Mobile (HTC many terminals) and Symbian (Nokia N97 and Samsung Omnia HD). Obviously some of these mobile have been presented today, but he had in mind for some time (several based on hearsay).

Since the appearance of the Nokia 5800 and Nokia N97, I've been seriously considering the option of a Symbian S60 5th Ed, not only differ in an operating system much more simple, usable and focused on using a touchscreen, but it seems Nokia he has finally fallen and the donkey are including battery over 5 hours in conversation and 400 hours standby. Without doubt, the worst scourge of enjoying Nokia.

At the end terminals of a battery autonomy and a decent operating system much easier than their predecessors. What ends? Ovi. Ovi Nokia is like Apple MobileMe or Gmail / Google Apps Google mail, calendar, address book, tasks, files' in the cloud ', etc.. All in one and completely free. At first, OVI I did quite attractive, but knowing as landscape and webmails mail clients, I think I stick with Gmail, the only one I've really capitalized.

Basically, the new versions of Symbian, away from the complex (not complicated) versions, let me a little bundle of hope that is a possible option.

After watching the two terminals to date with Android: HTC Dream HTC and Magic, I was wanting to get away with one for two reasons: the design (either format, as the style and size to throw me back) and the operating system is completely green. Okay, that comes with HTC Cupcake Magic, which would make a comparable level of functionality and even exceeds, the iPhone, but remains green and the companies have realized, because no one submitted terminal (final) the MWC 2009. Samsung, Sony Ericsson and others were present at the terminals to be sold in summer, which makes me think of a generalized withdrawal time. Seriously, give it a few years and sure is impressive, but not yet.

Another detail is the fact you totally and deeply dependent on Google, more than you ever would have thought. Why do I say this now that I use almost everything that Google launches? Because I have been having problems with Latitude that after almost two weeks have not solved and I do not want that happening with another service, making life impossible. I know, any other terminal facilities in the cloud will happen to me, but I do not merely what the manufacturer of the terminal oblige me.

Yes, my personal universe goes through Gmail, Google, Google Docs and Google Calendar, but also on Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. If tomorrow I want to use the calendar or through a local Exchange server, or SyncML, Google is not going to tell me to use his services cojones, but I will choose what I want, I want or like. For the same reason, even if by some crazy desire to have a terminal with Android, I doubt that makes me one.

What I have left? Ah, yes, the iPhone.

After a couple of weeks turning to the iPhone, to the surprise (and delight) of more than one, since I had the urge to waste a terminal with a Blackberry and Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile leaving (comment now) to Pending. The iPhone, as we all know, has a few shortcomings that did little to fit my high standards of hardware and software that are far from excessive or crazy: applications in the background use daily in the SE and BB, so to change my way of working for the past 5 years is unthinkable and I do because I have a terminal with HSDPA, what better move to the next level with HSPA (Movistar and Vodafone have introduced, although Yoigo and enjoy a miserable UMTS).

If, after rumors of a new version with background applications, instant messaging client, etc.. they were quite attractive, the impossibility of backward by increasing the screen resolution of Apple's smartphone totally understandable about 800 by 480 pixels (which are becoming increasingly standard in high-end terminals), I was corroded. Come on, a lot of implementation (much litter, too) in the AppStore, but what Apple wants is to have people on your development board like Google wants to do business on the web. And that I have morals.

What remains for me? Symbian ¿? There is no terminal, beyond the N97 that attracts me, including Samsung Omnia HD. Well that is Windows Mobile. Argh, I was testing the HTC Touch HD with Windows Mobile 6.1 and TouchFlo3D for a month. The conclusion: that the HTC TouchFlo end, because more than once and two finishers in WinME when it was clearly an area that should be treated with TouchFlo, such as calendar, alarms, the Start menu or the list of contacts .

On the other hand, the Touch HD was too large, although it was the same size of the iPhone (0.5mm thicker). Then, assuming that I would do with a HTC with WinME, which would have a screen with something less than the Touch HD size (3.8 "), but somewhat larger than the Diamond (with 2.8", which is French). An intermediate point and finished with a TouchFlo not force me to go to work in WinME daily. Ergo, HTC launched the HTC Touch Diamond 2 with a 3.2 inch screen with resolution of 800 × 480px, HSPA with a full TouchFlo3D andalusia. What more can I ask?

The good thing about the HTC Touch Diamond 2 is one that meets my expectations 90%, while the rest do not reach, much less. However, with the latest version of Google Sync via Exchange (iPhone and terminals used to WinME) can be synced my mail, calendars and contacts with the terminal via mobile networks. And to finish, in applications such as background ceTwit, Parlingo and PockeTwit, or to me. That I am tired of Google Sync, I spend a MyPhone, ZYB, or any other service. No matter, I am completely disconnected from the software company that makes the terminal.

What I was missing in the HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch HD, the HTC Touch Diamond is 2, and they install in a virtualized version of a future Blackberry OS, Android with a ROM update or official Windows Mobile 6.1 Windows Mobile 6.5 (confirmed by HTC), making it infinitely more versatile. What more can I ask? (and go two)

2 HTC Touch Diamond is a 3G mobile sober and elegant design that offers interesting. Have a camera with 5 megapixel autofocus color, operating system and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional TouchFLO 3D user interface, browser, GPS (antenna), mobile internet browser, music player and MP3 formats, and video player. 2 HTC Touch Diamond has 3.2 inch touch screen with WVGA resolution (480 X 800 pixels). Zoom bar to view in detail images of web pages or Google Maps. It has expandable memory via microSD card (supports SD 2.0).

In the HTC Touch Diamond 2 shows an improvement over the HTC Touch Diamond with respect to the camera, the new 5 megapixel mobile phone, battery capacity of 1100mAh now, and more memory.

The HTC Touch Diamond will be available through Airtel for Rs 27,500 at all authorized HTC resellers.

Re: HTC Touch Diamond2

Technical specifications of the HTC Touch Diamond 2

MSM7200A Qualcomm processor, 528 MHz
    Operating system Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    Report of the HTC Touch Diamond 2
    ROM: 512 MB
    RAM: 288 MB
    Dimensions of the HTC Touch Diamond 2 107.85 X 53.1 X 13.7 mm
    Weight 117.5 grams with battery
    3.2 inch touch screen TFT-LCD with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution

Networks HTC Touch Diamond 2:
    HSDPA / WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz speed climb up to 2 Mbps and 7.2 Mbps down.
    Quad GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    User Interface: TouchFLO 3D
    Zoom bar
    Satellite Navigator GPS Internal GPS antenna

Connectivity of the HTC Touch Diamond 2:
    Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR and A2DP for wireless headphones
    Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g is needed coverage
    HTC extUSB (11-pin mini-USB 2.0, which includes audio jack)

Main Camera HTC Touch Diamond 2:
    Camera 5.0 megapixel color auto
    Secondary camera: VGA CMOS color camera
    Music and Audio formats supported AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
    Supported video formats WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, AVI

Battery HTC Touch Diamond 2:
    Lithium ion battery
    Capacity: 1100 mAh
    Battery life in conversation: to 300 minutes in WCDMA, up to 340 minutes on GSM.
    Battery life on hold: Up to 500 hours in WCDMA, up to 360 hours in GSM
    Battery life on video: up to 150 minutes

Other Applications
    MicroSD expansion slot
    FM Radio
    G-Sensor

Hey monsitj,
    I realize this is a bit late but I stumbled upon your post and I'd like to know what specific problem you had with Google Latitude and if you found a way around it?

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

waqyum Guest

Has its price dropped down now in India? It seems a good choice.

Not much, its price is still around Rs.25,000/- Well you will have to wait for a while...

waqyum Guest

HTC Touch Diamond 2 is available for 11000 at ebay India.Its unbelievable -

http://cgi.ebay.in/TOUCH-DIAMOND-2-W...item25575153bf

vernongetzler Guest

hello friends. i am new to this forum..
    ===============================