Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Kogan Bluetooth GPS Watch

Reviews

Old 16-03-2009

Kogan Bluetooth GPS Watch

After our recent mention of the Kogan TV action, we got word from Kogan they're spreading their wings and selling some other gadgets. This time Kogan introduced The Kogan GPS watch. It is the most feature packed watch on the market. A perfect tool for adventure seekers or someone who just loves the great outdoors.

Kogan suggest you could use the GPS Watch to record your exercise and plot your routes on Google Earth; alternatively you can keep a track of positioning while mobile, to make sure you don?t misplace your car. It also works as a temperature sensor and speedometer, together with having the usual sports watch functionality of alarm, stopwatch and timer. It also operates over Bluetooth to give GPS data to other devices you own.This is designed like a brick, just a big lump sitting on your wrist. This might be fine if you use when biking, but on foot it can be a little distracting. Some nice points are the mini USB recharge and connectivity, and the inclusion of a car adapter for charging on the road, plus a bicycle mounting bracket.

Kogan GPS watch with bluetooth includes:

This warch is available for $199, it does position very well against other GPS watches on the market. But you are getting what you pay for on this one, and I think that if someone wants a GPS watch, they'd probably be willing to pay more for a better class of product. If you are on a seriously limited budget and you want a GPS watch to play with, sure, go for it.

Old 16-03-2009

Re: Kogan Bluetooth GPS Watch

Kogan's Android smartphone might be put on hold indefinitely, but that doesn't mean the Australian company is going to sit around and do nothing. They have come up with the Kogan GPS Watch which is touted to be the most feature packed watch on the market.

The bluetooth functionality of Kogan GPS Watch allows it to connect to any portable device such as a PDA, Smartphone or Laptop and act as a bluetooth GPS receiver. This enables you to use it with the GPS navigation software of your choice. You can mount also the watch if it feels heavy on your bike.

Features include:

• GPS
  • Bluetooth (for GPS receiver)
  • Temperature sensor
  • Speedometer
  • Altimeter
  • Google Tracking
  • Pedometer
  • Stopwatch
  • Timer
  • Alarm

All in the one compact unit!

The package includes:
  • GPS Watch
  • USB Cable
  • CD with Interactive Software
  • Wall Charger
  • Car Charger
  • Lanyard
  • Bike mount
  • User Manual
Old 16-03-2009

The only downside is that it's massively huge. Although it's a bulky, it makes a great bluetooth GPS receiver, which I easily linked with my PDA running a navigation program. Screen is actually a standard LCD pale green with black lettering which is easy to read. As a GPS device with tracking and logging, it seems to do it all. My only complaint is that I have not been able to transfer the logs to my PC yet, as I cannot get the supplied program to recognise the watch.

But still its a Great watch, perfect description, works to potential.
Old 16-03-2009

Thats really a nice product from Kogan. . I really like to had one but can any body please let me know some of its specification ?
Old 16-03-2009

Yes sure, Specifications of GPS watch are :_

General Specifications

• High Sensitivity SiRF Star III GPS Sensor
  • Crystal Clear LCD Dispay
  • Google Earth Tracking
  • Temperature Sensor
  • Water Resistant
  • Automatic Time Correction
  • Speed and Distance Sensor (via GPS)
  • Physical Size: 69mm x 55mm x 23mm