Thread: Freeraser - Permanently delete any file

Freeraser - Permanently delete any file

Freeraser

Files and folders deleted by accident, then, can be easily recovered, unless it is physically destroyed from the physical medium. An ordinary deleting of files isn't enough! When you wish to delete any sensitive information, like industrial secrets or some unwanted content, you want to be sure that it will be deleted permanently. Sorry to say, there is a plenty of software recovery tools that can restore your deleted items. If you need to destroy any data and eliminate any possibility of its restoration you need a "shredder". This software destroys the data you choose before the deletion, using a complicated procedure of filling the actual content with random data. This special case of removal is supported by the particular application that completely undermine any hint of presence. All this, for now, thanks to a virtual trash that we are to understand: this is Freeraser.

Freeraser is a digital file shredder that enables you to permanently delete sensitive data with multiple overwrites of random data. It offers a simple overwrite (fast) as well as to DoD 5220.22M (slower) and Gutmann (very slow) compatible deletion methods. The program is very easy to use, it adds a new waste bin icon to your desktop, and any file or folder that you drag onto the bin is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.

Freeraser can function on three levels:
    1. A fast destruction (standard 1-round filling of random data)
    2. A forced destruction (3 rounds of filling according to DoD 5220.22M standard)
    3. An ultimate destruction (35 rounds of filling with data according to Guttman algorithm).

It is obvious that the more powerful destruction is performed, the more rounds it takes and the more time it needs. Users can define the method that they wish to destroy their data with.

Re: Freeraser - Permanently delete any file

Why is Freeraser special?

You can hardly imagine how much information can be recovered from a hard disk. Most of software recovery tools can dig out information that exceeds by 300% the volume of your hard drive. That means that at least 3 layers of information can be restored; and this even without using a hardware recovery, which brings up much more.

Most of us used to say: "I am a decent person, I have nothing to hide, why should I?" But you never know! A strange e-mail attachment which was sent to you by mistake, a joke of your buddy or an innocent document may turn into a disaster if you become a suspect. You'd better avoid problems by destroying all unnecessary information that you've got. It is free. No obligations, no hidden payments. Just download, install and use.

Needs of Freeraser
    • Freeraser if you need to destroy files for good

• Freeraser if your information is sensitive

• Freeraser if your information in someone's hands may cost you more than the actual price of it

• Freeraser because it is free

• Freeraser everything you want to delete because it is safe

• Freeraser always, because a simple deletion

Freeraser will be useful for --
    • Every computer user

• Parents who wish to prevent their kids from an adult content

• Employees who open private documents on a an office computer at work

• Employees who open work files at home

• Government agents, company executives and other professionals operating sensitive files

Available in two versions, for portable and free installer. The application, available only for Windows, it is very easy to use: After installation, a virtual trash can appears on the desktop.

This can be moved, removed or whatever, with a few mouse clicks. To permanently delete a file? It simply drag it to the basket and will be deleted by Freeraser as if they had ever existed.

Download Freeraser

This new version includes:
    • Alert message - The new version have introduced this option. Now, when you drop an item to the trash can, you get a warning message. Those who do not want to be disturbed by warnings may disable this option in the menu.

• Feedback! - Just click Help -> About… and you will be able to leave your feedback, send your inquiries and share your thoughts right away.

Useful, then, and easy to use. No doubt.

A simple and useful at the same time. Personally I do not know, but it looks really interesting. I'm going to try it! Thank you!

I managed to finally remove a folder of m **** that gave me a nuisance crazy for months .. n I was able to delete it with no application! Great thing

I can see in the screenshot messenger minimized in the bottom right, but to me (at least for Win7) I will always remain as normal window, even if I closed them all.