Thread: Samsung i8510 mobile phone

Samsung i8510 mobile phone

Samsung i8510 8GB

The Samsung i8510 is a slide phone with a staggering 8.0 Megapixel camera with auto focus, flash, face detection, blink detection and it can also record video. The features for the i8510 don't stop there; HSDPA and Wi-Fi for fast web browsing, Bluetooth v2.0, built in GPS for SatNav software, 8GB internal memory and an MP3 player are all included.

Design and Display

The i8510 is a tough-looking, relatively large phone that feels reassuringly solid a smooth slider mechanism brings it together. The i8510's screen packs some punch, but isn't as sharp as we expected, particularly when watching videos.The INNOV8 has a design that it simple yet elegant. Its dimensions are rather large and it is a bit bulky too. It comes dressed in all black and the matte finish at the back prevents fingerprints. The slider works perfectly smoothly without any creaking sounds. Above the display are the loudspeaker, ambient light sensor and the video-call camera. Display occupies the most of the space at the front and the rest is occupied by the six navigation buttons and the D-pad.

The INNOV8 has a 2.8″ TFT display with 240 x 320 resolution. The display produces sharp and bright images and overall is a great experience. The movie playback is smooth and 2.8″ screen is just fine to stuff movies into its large internal memory. In bright sunlight, the display performs much better than its predecessors and now is quite visible, not as good as its Nokia counterparts though.

Keypad and User Interface

The keypad of the i8510 is flat but has good ergonomics. The keys are large enough even for big fingers and have enough space between them to prevent typos. They present good tactile feedback making it a SMS junkies phone. You hardly find such good keypads in slider phones.

The phone has the latest Symbian OS installed with Feature Pack 2. This is the same OS found in the latest offering from Nokia, however Samsung has customized it to make it look different. There are a couple of active standby modes you can choose from. It has built-in accelerometer leading to automatic screen rotation except in the main menu and the home screen. It has transition effects too while changing the orientation, a nice touch.

The task manager pop-ups at bottom and has improved graphics. The phone does have any hardware acceleration but while navigation you can not notice the difference. The Symbian OS has obvious advantages over other OSes due to its vast library of available applications and to a extent ease of use too.

Re: Samsung i8510 mobile phone

Music Player and Camera

The Samsung INNOV8 is not only a powerful imaging house but a great multimedia device too. The music player is exceptional and has loads of features ranging from various audio formats support to displaying album art. The music player has support for a wide variety of formats, so just put your audio file on the device and fire up the music player! It support three different visualizations, album art and sorting songs by genre, artists, composer, tracks etc. It has a large number of preset equalizers along with the option to create a custom equalizer. The songs can be transferred directly or via the PC Suite application.

Browser

The web browser on the Samsung i8510 is one of the features taken straight from a Nokia Nseries handset. It was demonstrated to us at the launch as 'revolutionary', but most people are pretty used to the Series 60 browser that keeps a history, so when you press 'back', you can view all of your previously visited pages. It is a really nice feeling browser though, with zooming operated by the volume keys. You can surf with confidence if your operator supports HSDPA at 7.2Mbps, or WiFi.

In terms of preloaded applications, the Samsung i8510 is the most fully-featured we've seen. Just wander into the applications menu and you'll see Fring for making VoIP calls and keeping in contact via IM, Route 66's SatNav software, Shozu for uploading your snaps to every blogging and social network site out there, Yahoo!Go, CNN newsfeeds, RoadSync, Gypsii, plus two full games installed. The two games are Asphalt 3 and Fifa08, but you can download a lot more if you're not really one for racing or football.

The Samsung i850 is one phone you're never going to want to let go of. Sure, it's very similar to the Nokia N95, but a lot more advanced in every aspect. Move over Nokia, the new Symbian king has arrived.

Samsung i8510 INNOV8 specifications :

• Dimensions : 106.5 x 53.9 x 17.2 mm
    • Weight : 136 g
    • Display : 2.8″ TFT with 240 x 320 resolution
    • Memory : 8/16 GB inbuilt
    • Camera : 8 MP, autofocus, image stabilizer, flash
    • Card slot : microSD
    • Connectivity : GPRS, EDGE, 3G
    • WLAN : WiFi 802.11 b/g
    • GPS : Inbuilt with A-GPS support
    • Bluetooth : Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
    • Approx. price : $800

Performance
    Audio quality during calls is good, with no noticeable distortion or muffling, and the loudspeaker is loud enough to hear even in a moving car. Picture quality from the 8-megapixel camera is fine, but not massively better than certain 5-megapixel camera phones such as the Nokia N95 8GB.

Battery life is quoted at 300 to 500 minutes talk time, depending on whether you're using 3G or not, and around 330 hours standby time respectively. We found that we got a full day out of the i8510 with heavy usage, but if you cut down on battery-intensive apps such as browsing the Web and using GPS, you'll find that it lasts for at least two days.

Conclusion
    Having not properly reviewed the Nokia N96 just yet, we don't want to speak too soon and say the Samsung i8510 definitely wins out, but what we can say is this is Samsung's best phone yet. A solid design combined with more features than you can shake a moose at, the i8510 genuinely took us by surprise.

We knew that the Samsung mobile team had it in them to make something great, but the i8510 is excellent and a worthy choice for any smartphone fans out there. We'd even go as far as to say that if you're looking for something other than an N95 or N96, this is it.

There is no doubt the camere of this Samsung i8510 INNOV8 mobile phone is good but if you want to make more clear photo then follow the below method:
    1. First of all you have to open your camera.
    2. After that just check the button for 'options' which could be at the right corner.
    3. After that a tool bar will be displayed on top of the screen and here you need to check the last option 'settings'.
    4. Next you have to press ok on settings and there you will see two options, just choose general.
    5. After that an option called Anti-Shake will appear and this is the most important option, just try to turn it to on and that shall do it and thus you will get very clear images.

This phone is nicely rated. The critics has rated it 9 from 10. So that simply means that it is rich in features. But if we compared smartphone today with this phone, we can find lot more similarities. Today many prefer to buy Android as this operating system is booming in market. It offer many free applications and rich technology.