Thread: Sony VAIO P-series netbook

Sony VAIO P-series netbook

Sony is preparing to launch its VAIO P series netbook that “fits in a pocket”.It is a Vista running lappie that powered by 1.33GHz Intel processor and comes with 1,600 x 768 resolution LED-backlit XBRITE-ECO LCD display, 2GB RAM, up to 60GB hard drive + available 128GB SSD, 802.11n WiFi, 3G WWAN, Bluetooth, battery that provides four hours working (eight hours with the optional high-capacity cell) and a GPS module.

The P-series makes working on the train an actual joy. No need for clumsy laptops to take up the limited table space and annoy your neighbours. When you pull the mini Vaio out of your man-bag, all you receive are snatched glares of pure, bilious-green gadget-envy.

The netbook has a significant name where the ‘P’ stands for Pocket. This means the netbook will supposedly fit in your pocket. The netbook will apparently be dressed in three hues namely crimson red, champagne gold and black silk.
    Powered by an Intel Atom 1.33GHz processor, the novel P series netbook features a 8-inch LED screen, 1600×768 resolution, 60GB hard drive and Windows Vista Premium or Windows Vista Home Basic in place of Linux.

Re: Sony VAIO P-series netbook

• VAIO P-series combines sleek design standards with the latest technology to create the most stylish form of a powerful yet portable PC
    • Super light (638g) and compact yet comfortable typing and viewing experience
    • High-speed mobile broadband with embedded 3G technology
    • Windows or fast-access XrossMediaBar function for complete versatility

Claiming that ‘It fits in a pocket’, I guess this compact laptop is the same netbook with better screen technology. And I’m sure it will cost you more compare to other netbooks available in the market. My prediction said it will be priced around $1,000 which you can buy an entry-level or cheap laptops with the same price.

Below are the specifications of Sony VAIO P-series netbook :

CPU: 1.33-GHz Z530 Intel Atom

Memory: 2GB RAM

Hard Drive: 60GB (standard), 64GB and 128GB SSD options

Display: 8 inches (1600 x 768 pixels)

Ports: 2 USB ports, headphone, included dongle adds connectivity for VGA, Ethernet, and additional USB

Slots: SD, MS

Size: 9.6 x 4.7 x 0.78 inches

Weight: 1.4 pounds

Price: From $899 to $1,499

Battery Life: 4 hours with three-cell capacity battery and 8 hours with six-cell large-capacity battery

Colors: Red, Green, Black and White

"The VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC is your portal to the world, delivering entertainment and computing in a head-turning device that's small enough to put in your pocket," said Mike Abary, senior vice president of VAIO product marketing at Sony Electronics. "Designed for the fashionista in all of us, it's the ideal companion."

Engineered to provide the feel of a larger notebook, the VAIO Lifestyle PC provides a convenient typing experience by extending the keyboard to the perimeters of the chassis maximizing the typing area. The spacing between keys has also been engineered to help reduce typing mistakes making it perfect for long fingernails.

The notebook incorporates built-in wireless WAN 3G Mobile Broadband, 802.11n wi-fi and Bluetooth technologies. Users can toggle among various wireless options for the most efficient connection – Wi-Fi for working at a coffee shop; Bluetooth for peripherals; and Mobile Broadband service on the Verizon Wireless nationwide network when traveling outside the reach of hotspots (subscription required).

The PC comes with the Windows Vista® operating system, supporting office applications and all the software programs routinely found in full-size notebooks. A windows arrangement utility has been added to easily organize all open documents or websites with one touch, positioning them neatly along side each other on a single screen.

hi,I know this has been said before,
    But it would be cheaper & better to just buy a Refurbished Dell and get another one if/when it breaks.

Ah I knew something was up.

Sony seemed quite determined that people know it's not a netbook, now I know why. It costs a lot more!

i would buy it , i don’t care, it’s just too portable that i might use it forever.