Thread: Downloadr - Back up your Flickr pics

Downloadr - Back up your Flickr pics

Downloading Flickr sets can be a pain, especially if you are using Flickr as a backup (with a pro account) and have a few hundred photos per set. Flickr does not on their website allow you to download the entire set, only one at a time.

Downloadr is a utility really handy for those who, like us, likes to keep order and update their own pictures on Flickr. Downloadr, in fact, is a program that allows us to Backup on our PC images on Flickr and elsewhere, we can even to save the account.

The program is very simple, but has several search features that can filter images from Backup for keyword or even license. We can choose to download only the images with Creative Common license or otherwise ignore the type of license and download them all.

Through Downloadr you can choose whether to login to your Flickr account and back up all data, both public and private, available, or download only the public with a simple search by username. The software is free and updates itself automatically and do not be frightened by the bizarre download, you will be prompted to download an executable file which in turn will download the latest version of the program and install it.

Re: Downloadr - Back up your Flickr pics

With Downloadr, you can search, browse and batch download multiple Flickr pictures based on image tag (s), Flickr username, Groups Pools, Flickr user sets or even Interesting Flickr pictures of any particular day. You can grab everything in one bulk swoop or use a series of filters to drill down to just the photos you want to grab. It automatically grabs the highest quality image and preserves the EXIF and IPTC data. In addition to searching grabbing images from your own account, you can search creative commons works on Flickr and use Downloadr as a tool for bulk grabbing them also. It would sure make things easier as opposed to downloading images individually.

Actually, I just tried it out and when I log into my own account, I can see/download pictures that are private. The one thing though is that a picture has to belong to a set in order to be seen by Downloadr. That’s a bug and it will be fixed in the next release...Hopefully.

Downloadr (download here) now supports slideshows, sets, group pools, favorites, explore and authentication! If you are a regular Flickr user and want to backup of all your Flickr Images than you have to try Downloadr.

Features:

Here is a short list of what Downloadr can currently do for you. This is not a complete list of all features, only the major ones are listed here. New features are added from time to time and you will automatically be able to use them thanks to Downloadr's update function.
    • Searches photos by
      • Fulltext
      • User
      • Tags
      • Place
      • Set
      • Date
      • Interestingness
      • Group
      • Favorites

• Automatically downloads largest avaiable size

• Fully integrates support for linkr

• Authenticates with flickr to download private photos

• Can create a backup of all your photos with just a few clicks

• Writes EXIF and IPTC data so titles and tags are preserved

• Updates automatically

Please be aware that Downloadr is still beta software: Use it, but do not rely on it. It may harm your PC or your flickr account, even though it has been tested many times.

Downloadr is still in beta but it looks promising although it is currently only available for Windows and requires Microsoft. NET Framework.

Download here - Downloadr

You will get a small executable file called Updatr.exe. Just move it to any directory you want (I strongly recommend creating a new directory only for Downloadr) and start it. The program will then install and run the latest version of Downloadr for you. Depending on your internet connection's speed this should take from five seconds to up to a minute. Downloadr will then keep itself up to date since it checks for new updates every time you start it.

If you want to uninstall Downloadr, just delete the files.