Thread: Face to Face: Interface design between UC Browser 7.4 and Opera Mini 5.1

Face to Face: Interface design between UC Browser 7.4 and Opera Mini 5.1

Face to Face: Interface design between UC Browser 7.4 and Opera Mini 5.1

As you may know, about half a month ago, the old brand UC Browser and Opera Mini have both recently released new version

for Symbian. I have tried them and get amazing experience. The UC Browser 7.4 now looks like a wholly new designed mobile

browser. That let me think of Opera Mini 5.1 also subvert its 4.x interface design.

Opera Mini has an interesting function, Speed Dial. With 9 customizable sites directing to any web page. Now UC Browser

gives its answer - the renewed navigation different than ever. Not only can I select any site by clicking its icon or

title, but also choose my favorite site and put into My Shortcuts(UC's implementation of Speed Dial). My Shortcuts have 8

block, while Speed Dial has 9. While UC Browser has both system of traditional Navigation Bar and Bookmarks, Opera Mini

give them all in its Bookmarks. Considering UC Browser is almost the only browser have these site links besides Speed Dial

and Bookmark, it keeps me from inputting URL all the time.

UC Browser Opera Mini
    The Quick Links design makes a good feature that I can see them both horizon and vertical and quickly find where I want to

go. This give more freedom for me. So Opera Mini picks a similar mode to calculate my definition, which depends on my

choice.

UC's Navigation
    While the navigation bar of UC Browser is becoming navigation square, the Cursor Mode has replaced the Common to become the

default Operation Mode, what makes the browser more similar to the desktop browser. At contrast, Opera Mini performs on the

desktop view as well as before, because they have the experience of product a real desktop browser.[IMG]

http://i55.tinypic.com/elbd4k.jpg[/IMG]
    UC Browser Opera Mini
    However, in UC Browser, the cursor mode can be still found at the adaptive view, which is more or less better than ever.

Opera Mini has less competitive in that mode, which they call Mobile view. The reason maybe OBML is designed for desktop,

and UHTM is designed for mobile. As they say, UC Browser can display WML and XHTML directly, but Opera Mini cannot.

UC Browser Opera Mini
    After I download the English version, a different starting page is there to choose the region to belong. That means all

people in the world now using the same version, and the UC server may detect what sites he want to go.

Opera Mini just released Symbian version several days ago, so it cannot yet be a hard threat to UC Browser, for the latter

has many features the former hasn't. For example, the most stable download manager I ever seen on a handset, an uploading

system when I access some forum, and so many browser mode, such as Night Mode and the Free Copy function.

Night Mode
    Yes, the last one is what I want to emphasize. After some months, the Free Copy comes back to Symbian. Free Copy was a

great adventure in UC Browser, but it was once removed from UC Browser 7.2. Now, I can select any part of a web page, and

copy to my clipboard, it seems let me copy everything on the web to my phone, so excited! Compared with Opera Mini, whose

copy and paste is limited to the operating system, but no pictures and text mashup.

Free copy
    Nevertheless, the UC Browser has a new feedback interface, this interface is catching up with its competitors, Opera Bug

Report Wizard, which yet cannot be found in Opera Mini.

UC Feedbacks
    I'd glad to introduce these two browser to you. If you have just used one of them, you should try the other to find some

different things.
    NOTE: If you can't install, please try Java Unsigned Version, or visit wap.ucweb.com

Re: Face to Face: Interface design between UC Browser 7.4 and Opera Mini 5.1

UC mobile phone browser to install an alternative browser on the Pocket PC. The per-use hotkeys freeware displays several pages in tabs, bookmarks, and offers extras such as using a download manager, text search in pages and colored skins. UC browser displays simultaneously by using miniature Tabs several Internet sites. The popular mobile browser stores pages as a bookmark, files downloaded with a download manager and thinned out with a text search, the charged sites. Most of the functions of v can be reached by shortcut key.