Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Introduction:

Asus has released the new ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard. To combat with the power fluctuation problem in India, the new motherboard is backed by the helpful Anti-Surge Protection technology.

P5KPL-AM with Intel G31 chipset inside supports Intel Quad-core CPU and features 1600(OC)/1333/1066/800MHz FSB, PCI Express x 16, Serial ATA interface, high performance integrated graphics engine, dual-channel DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 memory, and 8 Channel HD Audio CODEC. Users can experience faster graphics performance and higher video quality today. P5KPL-AM is the most affordable all-in-one solution platform for Intel® Core™2 Processor with Intel G31 chipset inside.

ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS

Features of Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Features:

Intel® Quad Core Processor Ready
    This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Quad-core processors in LGA775 package. It also can support Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-Core CPU. It´s excellent for multi-tasking, multi-media and enthusiastic gamers with 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB. Intel® Quad-core is one of the most powerful CPU in the world.

LGA775 Intel® Core™2 Processor
    This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Core™2 processors in LGA775 package. With new Intel® Core™ microarchitecture technology and 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz Intel® Core™2 processor is one of the most powerful and energy efficient CPU in the world.

Intel® G31 Chipset
    The Intel® G31 Express Chipset boosts your gaming and multimedia experience with the integrated graphics engine Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100. It supports 1333MHz FSB (front-side-bus), and delivers breakthrough advances in 3D and 2D graphics; and video capabilities. This integrated chipset is able to meet the changing display requirements of visually rich applications and features the Intel® Clear Video Technology - which trailblazes new standards in high-definition video, crisp imaging, and accurate color control.

FSB 1600 support (O.C.)
    ASUS´s exclusive overclocking design now unleashes the ultimate potential of the Intel® Core™2 processor. With the new Intel 45nm micro-architecture technology and FSB 1600 (O.C.) / 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz, this motherboard allows you to enjoy the latest technology supported by one of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.

Dual-Channel DDR2 1066(O.C.)
    Dual-channel DDR2 technology doubles the bandwidth of your system memory and hence boost the system performance to out perform any memory existing solutions in the market.

PCI Express Architecture
    PCI Express is the latest I/O interconnect technology that will replace the existing PCI. With a bus bandwidth 4 times higher than that of AGP 8X interface, PCI Express x16 bus performs much better than AGP 8X in applications such as 3D gaming. PCI Express x1 and x4 also outperforms PCI interface with its exceptional high bandwidth. The high speed PCI Express interface creates new usages on desktop PCs.

8 Channel High Definition Audio
    Enjoy high-end sound system on your PC! The onboard HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output, jack-sensing feature, functions and multi-streaming technology that simultaneously sends different audio streams to different destinations. You can now talk to your partners on the headphone while playing a multi-channel network games. All of these are done on one computer.

SATA 3Gb/s
    Serial ATA3.0Gb/s is the next generation ATA specification that provides scalable performance for today and tomorrow. With up to 300MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA II is faster than current Parallel ATA, while providing 100% software compatibility.

O.C. Profile
    Conveniently store or load multiple BIOS settings
    Freely share and distribute favorite overclocking settings
    The motherboard features the ASUS O.C. Profile that allows users to conveniently store or load multiple BIOS settings. The BIOS settings can be stored in the CMOS or a separate file, giving users freedom to share and distribute their favorite overclocking settings.

EZ Flash2
    Simply update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS
    EZ Flash is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a floppy disk before entering the OS.

CrashFree BIOS 3
    Simply restore corrupted BIOS data from USB flash disk
    The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk containing the BIOS file. This utility saves users the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.

ASUS Q-Fan
    ASUS Q-Fan technology intelligently adjusts CPU fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation.

MyLogo2
    Personalize your system with customizable boot logo
    You can convert your favorite photo into a 256-color boot logo for a more colorful and vivid image on your screen.

Compliance with the RoHS Directive
    The motherboard and its packaging comply with the European Union´s Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS). This is in line with the ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and recyclable products and packaging to safeguard consumers´ health while minimizing the impact on the environment.

Specifications of Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Specifications:

CPU : Intel Socket 775 for Intel Core2 Extreme/Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo / Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron D / Celeron Processors
    Compatible with Intel 05B/05A/06 processors
    Intel Hyper-Threading Technology ready
    * Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list

Chipset :Intel G31 Intel ICH7

Front Side Bus :1600*/1333/1066/800 MHz *Overclock speed

Memory
    2 x DIMM, Max. 4 GB, DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
    Dual Channel memory architecture
    When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, WindowsR 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

Expansion Slots
    1 x PCIe x16
    1 x PCIe x1
    2 x PCI

VGA
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Intel GMA 3100)
    Max. resolution:2048x1536X32bpp, Horizontal:127.5KHz Vertical:85Hz

Storage
    Southbridge
    1 xUltraDMA 100/66/33
    4 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports

LAN
    Realtek RTL8111C Gigabit LAN

Audio
    Realtek ALC662 6 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC
    Anti-Pop Function
    Jack-detect & Multi-Streaming
    Support S/PDIF Out connector

USB
    8 USB 2.0 ports (4 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel)

ASUS Unique Features
    ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
    ASUS Q-Fan
    ASUS EZ Flash 2
    ASUS MyLogo 2
    Power Stabilizer

Back Panel I/O Ports

1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    1 x VGA
    1 x COM
    1 x Parallel port
    1 x LAN (RJ45) port
    4 x USB 2.0
    6 Channel Audio I/O

Internal I/O Connectors
    2 x USB connectors support additional 4 USB ports
    1 x internal speaker connector
    1 x CPU Fan connector
    1 x High Definition front panel audio connector
    1 x S/PDIF Out connector
    1 x CD audio-in connector
    24-pin EPS 12V Power connector
    4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
    1 x System panel connector
    1 x COM connector

BIOS
    8 Mb Flash ROM
    DMI 2.0
    AMI BIOS
    PnP
    WfM 2.0
    SM BIOS 2.5
    ACPI 2.0

Manageability
    WOL,PXE,RPL,WOR ,PME Wake Up

Accessories
    1 x UltraDMA 100/66/33 cable
    1 x SATA cable
    1 x SATA Power cable
    I/O Shield
    User's manual

Support Disc
    Drivers
    ASUS PC Probe II
    ASUS LiveUpdate Utility
    Anti-virus software
    Bundled Software

Form Factor
    uATX Form Factor
    9.6 inch x 8.35 inch ( 24.5 cm x 21.2 cm )

Is this motherboard support Win 2000 proffessional?
    You will need an external eSATA Adapter to connect eSATA Drives. :
    an anyone tell me whether this motherboard supports windows 7?? i mean just using the onboard vga??Can I use this board to upgrade my pc which have Pentium D 2.8GHz processor.some one told me that there may be issue regarding FSB diffrence between Processor & MB, & it may bust your processor. is it write?Can someone please tell me a good graphics card supported by this board. My budget is around 6,000.

can this motherboard support FX5500 256mb ddr AGP8X Graphic Card.
    need help.

Does this mobo support "eSATA" ?

its a good platform to download software

Post Re: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

ya i think so it supports windows 7
    cos recetly i bought this board and it was written on the box dat it supports
    still for better performance u need a graphic card

smile Re: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Yes u can install Pentium D 2.8Ghz processor on it
    Not only that u can actually install any processor which belongs to LGA 775 socket

And this M/B supports Core2Duo,Core2Quad and also Core2Extreme
    So No issues in it

on the contrary my processor is P4 3.00Ghz HT
    So no probs go ahead with this

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Reply to THUNDER U

U can buy any nvidia card viz
    XFX 9400GT 1GB Graphics card price – Rs.2,960
    XFX 9500GT 1GB Graphics card price – Rs.3,650
    XFX 9600GT 1GB Graphics card price – Rs.6,400
    POV 9500GT 1GB DDR2 –Rs.4800
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3 –Rs.7100
    EVGA 9600GT Knock Out (KO) 512MB DDR3 –Rs.6350
    MSI 9500GT N9500GT-MD1G-OC/D2 1GB GDDR2 Graphics Card –Rs.3,852
    MSI 9600GT N9600GT Green-MD512 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card –Rs.5,936
    MSI N9600GT N9600GT-T2D1G 1GB GDDR3 Graphics Card–Rs.6,385

OR

U can go for ATI RADEON
    MSI R4670-2D 512/D3 512MB GDDR3 –Rs.5,200
    also refer

TO,
    speedo97

If u r trying to install FX 5500 ddr which is a AGP 8X card
    It cant be installed on it cos it has a PCI-E X16 slot
    so no chance

IN case u want a graphic card i have posted a comment regarding graphic card cost

Regards

Re: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard

Mine is a P5KPL-AM non-SE, and the price difference is very small, and it has an 8-channel system, more two SATA connectors. However I didn't learn how to overclock it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaffery View Post
    Mine is a P5KPL-AM non-SE, and the price difference is very small, and it has an 8-channel system, more two SATA connectors. However I didn't learn how to overclock it.
    Overclocking is very simple in ASUS boards

Just go to BIOS on startup
    2nd tab -> Jumper configuration
    in that u will find Overclocking Profile which is 'Auto' by default
    U can change it to 10 to 30 % of speed

A piece of advice :
    BEFORE going for overclocking its better to have a proper heat sink and a better fan for extra cooling
    Or else it might create problems

i just installed the pentium D 2.8 Ghz processor on P5KPL-AM motherboard,
    everything run normal BUT !! when i play 3D game like street fighter 4 , resident evil 5 ... the performance of game going slow motion type , this motherboard cant support this kind of processor , after i change to core 2 duo processor , its solve the problem ... but !! i dont know why it cant run 1st person shooting game at all ... my graphic card is Geforce 9800GT 1G ,2G ram , even put low quality mode in crysis game still not smooth !!! can some 1 tell me whats going on my cpu ? thx

Quote Originally Posted by musashi82 View Post
    i just installed the pentium D 2.8 Ghz processor on P5KPL-AM motherboard,
    everything run normal BUT !! when i play 3D game like street fighter 4 , resident evil 5 ... the performance of game going slow motion type , this motherboard cant support this kind of processor , after i change to core 2 duo processor , its solve the problem ... but !! i dont know why it cant run 1st person shooting game at all ... my graphic card is Geforce 9800GT 1G ,2G ram , even put low quality mode in crysis game still not smooth !!! can some 1 tell me whats going on my cpu ? thx
    Because games like street fighter 4 , resident evil 5 have a minimum system requirements of either core 2 duo processor or above.

my problem is why 1st person shooting game cant run even low setting ?
    i have 9800GT 1G graphic card , 2G ram , core 2 duo E7500 processor , and this P5KPL-AM otherboard , isn't this motherboard cant support my graphic card or what ? last time i use last 5 years ago's motherboard + pentium D can run COD4 very smooth , after i use this motherboard cant run at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by musashi82 View Post
    my problem is why 1st person shooting game cant run even low setting ?
    i have 9800GT 1G graphic card , 2G ram , core 2 duo E7500 processor , and this P5KPL-AM otherboard , isn't this motherboard cant support my graphic card or what ? last time i use last 5 years ago's motherboard + pentium D can run COD4 very smooth , after i use this motherboard cant run at all ...
    There was a post above explaining WHY a pentium D will not perform well on high end games. Simply put, a Pentium D is alike to a pentium 4 with lower voltages. It's Cache is HALF that of a pentium 4. You can consider it a dumbed down Pentium 4. Not only that, Pentium D's just cannot run at modern FSB rates that Core2 Duo's and above can attain, so they effectively bottleneck the performance of your machine.

Pentium 4's are even considered slow CPU's for gaming. Hyperthreading CPU's simply do not cut it for modern games; the GPU can't do all the work, no matter how good of a Video Card you have.

Dual Core processors such as Intel Core2 Duo or above are what is necessary to run these games nearly flawlessly. The better the core, the smoother your games. Don't cheap out and get an e7300 or something, go all the way and go for an e8300 or get into the i5 core. they are worth the money for what you want to do.

To answer your question WHY FPS games suck more juice than others like MMORPG (world of warcraft) or Strategy games (Command and Conquer), the textures used in FPS shooter games are far more complex, involve much higher tesselation (points of render for texture) and generally require a fast GPU and CPU to render the textures effectively without stutter. Without a good dual core or better CPU AND a good GPU such as a GTS Series Geforce (GTS250 And Above is recommended) will run your games great.

Just keep in mind, the mid-to-high end cards nowadays all require PSU's with special PCIe connectors for Video cards as the GTS Series uses FAR more power than, say, a Geforce 9500GT. Also, it is recommended for gaming that your Video Card have atleast 1GB of DDR3 Memory in it. High end cards will have 2GB such as the ASUS Ares (Beast AND beauty of a card, TWO Ati 5950 GPU's on one board). In other words, don't cheap out with the 512MB Variety, and don't cheap out and by a regular run of the mill non-GTS line of Geforce. Get the good card, and get a good (minimum) 500W PSU (w/ PCIe connectors) to go with it for stability and efficiency.
    Last edited by proofinlife; 10-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast