Thread: Sony Ericsson W980i mobile phone

Sony Ericsson W980i mobile phone

The new smartphone promises to be the most functional bed in a market with high-quality camera, Wi-Fi and GPS, but this is not happen soon. Until that time, it makes sense to pay attention only to Samsung G400 with the outside touch screen and 5 MP camera, but it's utilitarian decision has important dimensions, not the best quality materials, and, as evidenced by the sale does not enjoy special demand.

In light of this proposal are pleased with the company Sony Ericsson, namely, W980i. Not the most technology-camp-cot at a high price, but this phone combines a few features that make it unique, unlike anything before on the market. The music phone, its flagship line of Walkman, with a maximum amount of internal memory (8 GB), touch keys on the front panel, a complete set of hardware and software for comfortable listening to music management. In doing so, the phone looks unusual, the design is very interesting, instantly attracts attention.

Specification Sony Ericsson W980i:
    • Communications: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + UMTS / HSDPA 850/2100
    • Memory: 8 GB available to users
    • Display: 2,2 ", QVGA (240h320), 262K + 1,7", 176x176, 262K
    • Communication: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, supports A2DP
    • Communication: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, supports A2DP
    • Battery: BST-38 tank - 930 mAh (up to 9 hour talk, and 380 hour standby)
    • Dimensions: 92 x 46 x 16,9 mm
    • Weight: 100 grams
    • Price: € 350

Design

Sony Ericsson W980i size of its standard for the current generation of devices. In reality, W980i very comfortable to use, size does not constitute any problem, but taking into account the significant functional and everything is fine. on the market with similar size (Nokia 6600 fold, Samsung G400), or less technology, or focus on other consumer segment.

The unit looks very good on a strictly classical, but at the same time stylish and charming, affecting the diversity of materials, unusual angle disclosure, hidden in the tank turning hinge and a host of other details. It is the details - the first of what draws the attention of the phone. W980i in the expansion of the state of reminded Z600i,

The unusual move, in other decisions, or buttons are part of the external screen (Motorola RAZR2 V8, MOTO U9), or hardware (all devices from Nokia). Convenience is at a comparable level, no problems with touch buttons did not arise. There is a tactile and returns in the form of short vibro. More interface W980i in a closed condition and the principle of the keys we will consider the relevant paragraph in the review. Glossy surface - plastic, not too strong to the emergence of scratches and attritions. However, these are all similar models. In the Nokia 6600 fold, she expressed even more clearly.

Re: Sony Ericsson W980i mobile phone

The touch keys is a fairly large square outside the screen with a resolution 176h176 points. This is more than the phones Nokia, the picture can be seen well. At the bottom of the flip is a transparent box of plexiglass - element is clearly unusual. There also is light, and when the player this box filled with orange light and pulses in time with music. A closed through the box visible logo Walkman, caused in the inner surface of the phone.

The inner surface of the shell glossy, but not mirror, through invoices plastic pollution is not very visible, not striking. The big screen is slightly asymmetric located slot conversational dynamics, round number keys creates an unusual impression machine clearly stands out from the gray mass. Appearance W980i - its main advantage is one of the most beautiful folding models, which immediately drew attention.

Side surface made of matte black plastic coated soft-touch, there are double the volume key, key switch between the external screen, slider lock external keys. On the left is only the corporate connector Fast-port, as well as a small LED that flashes green. Sony Ericsson W980i - one of the few models of the manufacturer, equipped with stereo speakers. They are located on the sides of the hull and provide a loud and quality sound.

On the back surface of the lens is built-in camera, he is not protected before shooting it must be clean of impurities. Outbreaks do not like autofocus, that the countries against the backdrop of other phones of this price segment. Cover battery cover is made of very thin plastic, but securely fastened, a backlash is not available.

Keyboard

Keypad Sony Ericsson W980i is very comfortable, big round keys are excellent progress, faulty applications does not arise at all. And the keyboard area is excellent. Most modern phones have a flat keyboard, made of solid metal or plastic sheets, without clear boundaries and with a minimal way. In W980i designers managed to combine both maximum comfort, and excellent appearance, originality.

Plastic buttons dull, symbols are read without any problems. Keyboard layout is similar to many other models manufacturer, has severed key to start the MP3-player, turn off the button. Backlit keyboard white, it is not too bright, but the discomfort is not delivering. When the player backlight navigation unit is replaced by dark orange. On both sides of the screen are two stops to prevent contact with the screen keyboard.

The screens, the management of closed

The main screen device has a diagonal of 2.2 inches (physical size 32h44 mm), performed by matrix TFT-technology and the ability to display up to 262 thousand colors. Permission to standard, it 240h320 pixels. At the same time on the screen can accommodate 12 lines of text. The screen has a mirror substrate, through which information on the bright sunlight to be visible. The quality of the display at a height, he is one of the best in its class, the most natural color, saturation, brightness is at a high level. Impressive viewing angles, the information is always legible. Unlike some models of Sony Ericsson (W902, C905) there are no mineral protective glass, an ordinary plastic.

The external screen is unusual on several parameters. First, it permits 176h176 points, the 1.76-inch (26x26 mm). The external screen provides brightness settings, the producer is the average, a comfortable majority in order to carry out operations. It is also worth mentioning the fact that you can not choose wallpaper for the external screen, design depends on the core themes and more.

The battery

The battery is exactly the same as in dozens of other phone companies that BST-38 capacity of 930 mAh. Manufacturer states up to 9 hours of talk and up to 400 hours standby. When the average load (about an hour talking, and two hours listening to MP3 and work with the camera, time to work with other functions and menus) device works for about three days, the result is adequate for most users and a standard for virtually every phone from Sony Ericsson. Indicators of the work virtually unchanged from model to model, the company reached a certain peak, a further reduction in energy use, perhaps non-trivial task. Either it is certainly not in priority.

W980i - one of the most long-lived phone company when it comes to playing MP3. The unit can play for more than 28 hours (with disabling radio). This is one of the best models for energy performance on the market in principle, is on a par with the Nokia N85, second only to Nokia 5800 (but this is another class of devices).