Thread: BitDefender Internet Security 2009

BitDefender Internet Security 2009

The security solution BitDefender Internet Security 2009 provides, as previous versions, all of the features in the fight against threats on the Internet. Ever more numerous. This version 12 adds the updated engine operation which goes to 7.xxxxx and a base of antivirus signatures enriched (1 813 547 to date)

BDIS 2009 is a powerful pack including a proactive anti-virus, firewall, which now includes two-way protection and IPv6 has a new intrusion detection system, a drastic anti-spam (filtering emails and integration with Outlook, Thunderbird ...) and a parental control module (filtering keywords and phrases emails and Web pages). The good news for the individual licensing concerns remain valid for three computers provided they are located in the same mailing address (1, 2 or 3 years for downloading, 2-year version box).

New modules very catchy ...

Among other innovations, the individual enjoys the confidentiality of information exchanged with IM clients and the presence of a safe in order to secure its sensitive files and folders. Three other modules characterize this 2009 version, the way (relaxation of security rules when you play a video game), the Portable mode (functioning economy leaner and battery on a laptop) and protection of the family network that allows remote, From a position, the maintenance of other PC in the house (analysis, updating, correcting problems...).

A BitDefender that fits your configuration?

No real surprises for the minimum. The software runs on Windows XP SP2 (32/64 bit) or Vista SP1 (32/64 bit) processor with 800 MHz. Between 512 MB and 1 GB of RAM is recommended. Note that this 2009 version goes virtually unnoticed and does not slow down your machine. The slow PC may decide to conduct an analysis "low priority". This action reduces the analysis process while allowing other programs to run faster.

In the same vein, notebooks when running on battery, are detected by BitDefender Internet Security 2009. As a result, the application automatically Laptop mode, ie in power saving mode (no analysis, no scheduled backups ...).

Features of BitDefender Internet Security 2009

Features

Confidently download, share and open files from friends, family, co-workers - and even total strangers!
    • Improved: Scans all web, e-mail and instant messaging traffic for viruses and spyware, in real-time
    • Proactively protects against new virus outbreaks using advanced heuristics

Protect your identity: shop, bank, listen, watch privately and securely
    • Blocks attempted identity theft (phishing)
    • Improved: Prevents personal information from leaking via e-mail, web or instant messaging

Guard your conversations with top-of-the line encryption
    • Instant Messaging Encryption
    • File Vault securely stores personal information or sensitive files

Connect securely to any network at home, in the office or away
    • Automatically modifies firewall protection settings to suit location
    • Wi-Fi monitor helps prevent unauthorized access to your Wi-Fi network

Protect your family and their computers!
    • Blocks access to inappropriate websites and e-mail
    • Schedules and limits kids' access to Internet and to applications

Play safe, play seamlessly!
    • Improved: Reduces the system load and avoids requesting user interaction during games

Get fine-tuned performance from your computer !
    • Uses few system resources
    • Laptop mode prolongs battery life

Family network protection
    • Manage the security of your home network from a single location. BitDefender software from other computers in the network can be remotely configured, while tasks such as scans, backups tune-ups and updates can be run on-demand or scheduled to run during off-hours.

Hassle ? Free Hourly Updates
    • Hourly updates ensure that you are protected against the latest threats without pushing a button. Lost program files are not a problem either. In the rare event of file damage due to PC problems, BitDefender automatically repairs and updates itself.

FREE 24/7 Support
    • Got a question? Our security experts are available to help you 24/7 via phone, email or chat at no additional cost.

Requirements for BitDefender Internet Security 2009

Requirements
    • Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit) or higher
      - 800 MHz or higher processor
      - 256 MB of RAM Memory (512 MB recommended)
      - 300 MB available hard disk space

• Windows Vista (32/64 bit) and Windows Vista SP1
      - 512 MB of RAM Memory (1 GB recommended)

• Windows Home Server
      - 512 MB of RAM Memory (1 GB recommended)

• Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)

• .NET Framework 1.1 (also available in the installer kit)

Download BitDefender Internet Security 2009 Trial
    • License: Free to try; $39.95 to buy
    • Limitations: 30-day trial
    • Requirements: Windows XP/Vista
    • User Rating: Very Good

Pros: Program works great- Bitdefender 24/7 customer support seems to be non existing as is their email support.

Cons: Bitdefender customer support.

Other Thoughts: 2 days after I received it Newegg dropped the price $14.00. Seems to me there should be some sort of a price match. Wont make this mistake again. Not a happy camper.

My laptop came with McAfee, but after dealing with it for half an hour, I knew I would have to switch over to something else. I did my research and came across Bit Defender, which was rated very highly. I decided to give it a chance, and I'm so glad I did! This software does what it should- keeps my computer healthy without slowing it down or making annoying pop-ups come up every five seconds. Definitely recommended.