Vista update error code 80072EE2
I have been trying to install updates on my laptop now for Windows Vista
Home Premium. Everytime I try to update Windows it gives me the following
error code. 80072EE2. I don't know what else to try to do, I don't any
firewalls or antivirus installed on the laptop as of yet. I know it is a
Microsoft problem. Does anyone know how to get the updates to work again? I
have just about had it with Microsofts products.
RE: Vista update error code 80072EE2
-- if you have any toolbars installed on Internet Explorer, disable
them..Try that, it worked for me..I use windows xp..
"Have a Great Day"
Re: Vista update error code 80072EE2
You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows Update
Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
Windows Update Error 80072efd
Windows Update Error 80072ee2
If you are not using the Windows Firewall and are using a 3rd party Firewall, make sure
that these sites are in your exceptions/allow list -
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
RE: Vista update error code 80072EE2
Regarding the error code 0x80072ee2, I would like to explain that it is the
same as "ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT". Most times, this is a temporary issue. I
recommend testing it on the Windows Update website at another time or
restarting your computer. If the issue still exists, it may be caused by the
1. Third party security software.
2. Incorrect Internet Explorer setting (IE).
3. Proxy being used is not set correctly.
At this point, let's refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Suggestion 1: Disable firewalls or other Internet browser programs that can
affect the Internet connection
The following programs can affect the connection to the Windows Update site.
I suggest we temporarily remove or disable them:
CA Security Suite
Sygate Personal Firewall
Norton Internet Security
Zone Alarm Firewall
If you have any programs such as pop-up blocker, please also temporarily
remove or disable them to test the issue. Please understand that we are
disabling these programs only for the purpose of troubleshooting, and we can
re-enable them after troubleshooting.
Note: Windows Firewall is enabled by default and is used to protect the
system when third party security programs are turned off or removed.
For detailed information, please refer to this Microsoft Knowledge Base
You receive an "Error 0x80072EE2" or "Error 0x80072EFD" error message when
you try to use Windows Update
If this issue appears to be related to a firewall program, I also recommend
contacting the firewall manufacturer to obtain information on how to
configure the firewall options to allow access to the Windows Update website.
If the issue persists after disabling the third party firewall program,
please refer to suggestion 2.
Suggestion 2: Reset Internet Explorer settings
1. Click Start, Run, type: "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) and press
2. Switch to the Advanced tab.
3. Click "Reset Internet Explorer Settings".
4. Click Reset to confirm the operation.
5. Click "Close" when the resetting process has finished.
6. Uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions" option in the
7. Click Apply, click OK.
After completing the above steps, please check the result again. If it still
does not work, let's proceed to suggestion 3.
Suggestion 3: Reset proxy (for LAN connection)
Remove invalid characters from the proxy exception list and then clear the
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. In the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
3. Click on the Connections tab.
4. Click on the LAN Settings.
5. Clear the entries in "Use automatic configuration script" and uncheck
"Automatically detect settings."
6. Click Advanced.
7. Please delete any entry in the Exceptions section,
8. Click OK, and return to the previous window. Uncheck "Use Proxy Server
for your LAN", and click OK to accept the changes.
9. Quit Internet Explorer.
Next, clear your proxy cache.
1. Click Start, click on Run.
2. Type cmd in the Open box to get a DOS prompt.
3. Type proxycfg -d at the command prompt, and press Enter.
4. Type net stop wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
5. Type net start wuauserv at the command prompt, and press Enter.
Note: If you use a router to access the Internet, please remove the router
and connect the computer to the Internet directly. This issue can be caused
by incorrect router configurations. If any proxy is necessary for the
Internet connection, please contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
before using the above command to remove the configuration.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:17 PM.|