"Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be complete
I have a Windows XP system with Service Pack 2 and all recent patches from windows updates installed. I am trying to add an Printer to this system since yesterday but dint succeeded yet. Every time it gets failed with the following error message:
?Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be complete?
I?m the only administrator of this system and using my Admin account to carry out the process. Can somebody please help me out of this? Many thanks.
Re: "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be complete
Probably it is related to Novell networks. Here are steps to fix that problem:
1. Go to Microsoft's Add Printer Wizard
2. Choose Network printer
3. Click the "Stop" button to stop the wizard from scanning for network printers.
4. Select 'The printer that I want isn't listed'
5. Select the first 'shared printer by name' box.
6. Type the following URL - http://[print server ip address]/ipp/[printer name]
7. Select the appropriate driver.
8. Finish the installation.
Let me know if you need any more help.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:00 AM.|