TechArena Community

TechArena Community (http://forums.techarena.in/)
-   Operating Systems (http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/)
-   -   Proxy Pac files no longer work in Mac OS X Lion (http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1435685.htm)

Parnell 18-10-2011 12:47 AM

Proxy Pac files no longer work in Mac OS X Lion

I can make use of a. Pac to allow / immobilize my web proxy when browsing with Safari specific sites. It worked fine in Snow Leopard, although does not work in Lion.My pac looks like this:

Code:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
// variable strings to return
var proxy_yes = "PROXY my proxy.com:7128";
var proxy_no = "DIRECT";
if (shExpMatch(url, "https://proxy site.")) { return proxy_yes; }
if (shExpMatch(url, "http:// ipaddress ")) { return proxy_yes; }
// Proxy anything else
return proxy_no;
}

Any tips on how to get Pac working again?

Aniela 18-10-2011 12:48 AM

Re: Proxy Pac files no longer work in Mac OS X Lion

Local PAC will not work because of the sandbox box mechanism in the Lion. Using a remote control (http://) should be fine.

Jezriah 18-10-2011 12:48 AM

My Pac proxy is also not working.
Code:

var tests = [
        '*.local',
        '*.local.nz',
        '*.local.au',
        '*.fws'
    ],
    direct = 'DIRECT',
    proxy = 'PROXY webserver:80';
var FindProxyForURL = function (url, host) {
    var i = 0;
    for (i = 0; i < tests.length; i = i + 1) {
        if (shExpMatch(host, tests[i])) {
            return proxy;
        }
    }
    return direct;
};

Evoldo 18-10-2011 12:49 AM

Glad to see not just me .since it is reproducible by multiple users, I imagine apple will release fix soon. I've informed them through their developer bug reporter, fingers crossed for 10.7.1.

Dayanidhi 18-10-2011 12:49 AM

Set the proxy in the remote cutting works, but that means that all my requests have to go to cut the first distance, and I only want a select few places to go that way instead. Temporarily, let me share on the Web, and placed the file. Http://localhost/proxy.pac Pac, which also works.

Baako 18-10-2011 12:49 AM

Also note that there is a discrepancy between the fact that the pac file is supposed to be in a place of http://, and yet remains the "Choose File", open the local disk.

Phalguni88 18-10-2011 12:50 AM

I perceive we have a solution, although this is considered as bug and Apple is setting up to fix it? I ask since the wizards in my company make use of Juniper Networks applet to implement its RSA-based secure VPN. In his zeal for the security they thought they had to copy the PAC file locally in the VPN connection. I can only assume that is expected to increase the performance of browser connections.

However, when going through the customary command to set proxy and forcing their alternative on the system, any browser that uses the system proxy settings are a hose - that means Safari. Yes, it was a well-intentioned although poorly thought out choice setting. The query now is - do I have to wait a period of months in anticipation of the wizards in my company to fix their error? Or is it a bug that Apple will be fixing a pair of weeks?

ZAHAR 18-10-2011 12:50 AM

I'm pretty convinced that the. Pac is not downloaded to each request (which would be crazy). More than likely it is downloaded and cached occasionally (perhaps when the browser starts first). So a web server running on local host is supposed to not be essential.

I agree that this seems an error, the least Apple warn you when it detects a local representative of Pac if it is not really "supposed" to work harder.

Jessalyn 18-10-2011 12:50 AM

I also think its error. They do not have a "Choose file? dialog is accessible if local files were allowed.

Sitia 18-10-2011 12:51 AM

After digging a bit, I realized that there sandbox definition / configuration files for different processes and applications in / usr / share / sandbox. These files end in. "Sb", and set all sorts of things - so the files can be read, written, etc. Unfortunately, the definition file WebProcess litter box does not live in / usr / share / sandbox. Looking for a little more revealing than the definition file sandbox is here: / System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Webkit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Contents/Reso heather / com.apple.WebProcess.sb.At first I thought about editing the file to tell her she could read / Users / tfischer / Documents / scripts / proxy. pac (with a couple of lines like the following:

(Allows interpretation data files (House-literal "/ Users / tfischer / Documents / scripts / proxy.pac"))

But upon reflection, I decided it was not a good idea, although com.apple modified. WebProcess.sb file worked, my changes would be eliminated the next time Safari is updated. A more detailed examination of the records show that WebProcess has read access to the "/ Library / Internet Plug-Ins /" directory. So I copied my pac "/ Library / Internet Plug-Ins/proxy.pac" as amended by my network preferences to reflect the new home of the CAP, and restart Safari.

Vitel 20-10-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitia (Post 5454938)
After digging a bit, I realized that there sandbox definition / configuration files for different processes and applications in / usr / share / sandbox. These files end in. "Sb", and set all sorts of things - so the files can be read, written, etc. Unfortunately, the definition file WebProcess litter box does not live in / usr / share / sandbox. Looking for a little more revealing than the definition file sandbox is here: / System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Webkit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Contents/Reso heather / com.apple.WebProcess.sb.At first I thought about editing the file to tell her she could read / Users / tfischer / Documents / scripts / proxy. pac (with a couple of lines like the following:

(Allows interpretation data files (House-literal "/ Users / tfischer / Documents / scripts / proxy.pac"))

But upon reflection, I decided it was not a good idea, although com.apple modified. WebProcess.sb file worked, my changes would be eliminated the next time Safari is updated. A more detailed examination of the records show that WebProcess has read access to the "/ Library / Internet Plug-Ins /" directory. So I copied my pac "/ Library / Internet Plug-Ins/proxy.pac" as amended by my network preferences to reflect the new home of the CAP, and restart Safari.

Wow, excellent results! This solution is much improved to let the web server, will attempt later when I reach home.