TechArena Community

TechArena Community (http://forums.techarena.in/)
-   Operating Systems (http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/)
-   -   Media recorder with Kx driver does not record ? (http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1374558.htm)

Hemendu 16-11-2010 02:23 AM

Media recorder with Kx driver does not record ?

Hi my friends, I am a professional singer and record the my songs at my home in my office, so I have a microphone attached with my desktop system to record the tracks. I have installed Sound blaster live and the Kx driver. The problem is I cannot record any more in the media recorder. I do not what is the issue the hardware or the driver or something else ? Can I fix that myself or should I call a technician for it ?

Zhankana_n 16-11-2010 02:52 AM

Re: Media recorder with Kx driver does not record ?

Oh! Very few artist as far as I know type queries in forums. Since you have posted you are most welcome. You mentioned you cannot record anything that is if you record, but cannot hear the recorded file through the speakers. The issue can be anything i.e your microphone, the SB Live tool, KX driver problem or even the speakers. I do not know much of the troubleshooting but I can suggest you that you can uninstall and reinstall both the mic and the audio drivers again. Lets hope it may work for you and you can get back to your work without having much trouble.

teena_pansare 16-11-2010 02:55 AM

Yes absolutely correct, but I can definitely guide you on how you can check your hardware. First of all you can check your speakers , because you recording and playing but could not play, it is possible that your speaker is turned on but the audio cables are not properly set to their ports. Check the cables whether they are connected to the correct port of both the speakers and the microphone.

SalVatore 16-11-2010 03:02 AM

The kX Audio Driver package includes driver system files and setup files as well as a powerful audio mixer application (the kX Mixer), which acts as a Graphical User Interface, providing access to many of the driver's internal functions. The following features are either fully supported or partially supported in the latest release of the kX Audio Driver:
  • Wave Recording & Playback
  • MIDI Synthesizer (Soundfont-based) and MIDI UART In/Out
  • DirectSound 2D and DirectSound 3D
  • Full ASIO and GSIF support
  • DSP Microcode Loading/Unloading
  • Full AC97 codec control
  • AC3 Software Decoding

DanielV 16-11-2010 03:09 AM

Once you have checked the hardware i.e the speakers, microphone and their respective cables, you should move to the driver's part. check the device manager and see if the microphone is visible in it. To go in the device manager right click on the my computer , click on manage and then select the devices manager. On the left hand side you will see a list of devices and on right their driver's status. Check for the microphone's driver there.If drivers are there I think you should uninstall and reinstall it once again. Do not forget to restart your pc once again.