TechArena Community

TechArena Community (http://forums.techarena.in/)
-   Windows Software (http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/)
-   -   Microsoft Word 2003 lost password (http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1043255.htm)

bantau 24-09-2008 03:34 AM

Microsoft Word 2003 lost password
 
I have an old Word doc that I desperately need data from. Does anyone know how to remove or crack the password ? I've tried some of those programs that use a brute force attack and I've NEVER been successful with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rkhon 24-09-2008 12:18 PM

Hi bantau

I don't think there is any way to recover from this situation. There are no such software's available that can crack the password of MS Office.

Yogesh 24-09-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rkhon (Post 3990824)
I don't think there is any way to recover from this situation. There are no such software's available that can crack the password of MS Office.

You are wrong! As whenever there is a provision for creating password and protecting things through it, there are always the provisions made to recover or crack those passwords. Though, the latter are not usually ethical.

Regarding your concern bantau, I have found this software which is meant for recovery of MS Word password. See if it helps you recover password and ultimately your data.

Atomic Word Password Recovery 1.50

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Sam.D 24-09-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogesh A (Post 3990829)
You are wrong! As whenever there is a provision for creating password and protecting things through it, there are always the provisions made to recover or crack those passwords. Though, the latter are not usually ethical.

He is right. If you search for Password recovery, you will get thousands of option. But normally, most of them are paid versions and most of free are non-effective :hmm:

I found one more for you. Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery agent. Its a trial version. Unregistered (trial) version can be used during 30 days after installation (although it doesn't expire, actually) and has some limitations.

bantau 24-09-2008 09:19 PM

Thanks guys. I'll try these out and let you know if they worked.

dizzyturkey 23-07-2009 06:45 AM

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bantau (Post 3990292)
I have an old Word doc that I desperately need data from. Does anyone know how to remove or crack the password ? I've tried some of those programs that use a brute force attack and I've NEVER been successful with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a smart password recovery tool at http://www.passwordunlocker.com/products/opu.html. Office Password Unlocker can recover the password to open and password to edit, so that you can feel free to have access to ms documents

cosanostra0905 23-07-2009 12:38 PM

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password
 
I just googled it, really there are many tools that recover lost passwords for Microsoft Word, it's just useful, if you find one really works, please let me know. Thanks! =P

Aviva 25-01-2011 01:57 PM

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password
 
so you lost your word 2003 password, take it easy ,This article give your some simple ways that you can use to sidestep the password protection on your Word 2003 file, now follow these methods to unlock Word 2003 document.

michaelclark532 25-05-2012 07:04 PM

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password
 
I am always using Password Recovery Bundle which is a product developed by Top Password Software, Inc. It can also recover word document password. I ever searched on google and can't find any freeware. Most of them are not free.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12 PM.