Thread: What about Samsung SGH-i450

What about Samsung SGH-i450

Samsung SGH-i450

The design of Samsung SGH-i450 is truly a cross between the Nokia N81 and the N95. The i450 possesses enviable looks. A subtle theme of cool blue runs along the sides of the phone, sandwiched between off-white. The best part about this model is that there is no unnecessary sparkle, no useless ridges. With dimensions of 101 x 52 x 17.8 mm, the phone's not took bulky, and at 114g, it's not too heavy either.

The design is truly a cross between the N81 and the N95. What with the dual slider design and a very Nokia-like form factor, you would say the same thing. Having said that, there's absolutely no reason why you should hate the phone.

The dual slide may not be original, but it works smoothly nevertheless, and appears quite sturdy too. Sliding the front reveals a navy blue keypad with evenly spaced and responsive keys. The keys are placed on a flat surface with arty ridges dividing them. Nice! The speakers are visible when you slide the phone down. A cool touch-sensitive navigation pad amidst the speakers means you can use it while surfing your music folder. It works fine, even if responsiveness is low.

The 2-megapixel camera with flash performs reasonably well in low-light conditions. However, we were disappointed that the i450 doesn’t come with a higher-resolution camera. Despite this, its photos are reasonable enough to use as wallpaper for the handset. Video clips were average and its front VGA camera for video calls is useless as there is no 3G network yet in India.

The i450 also boasts USB 2.0 and Bluetooth connectivity with A2DP, a voice recorder, a PDF viewer and a fairly straightforward web browser. Its PIM features include a unit/currency converter, notes, a calculator and an alarm clock. Samsung includes a proprietary USB cable in the sales package, along with an AC charger.

Overall, it’s among the top music phones among the Symbian series. Inclusion of Wi-Fi with a better camera would make it outstanding, rather than the HSDPA connectivity which is still to gain ground in India. Other options with WiFi connectivity would be Nokia N81 (not the 8GB version) though the price is a bit higher or even the Nokia 5610 Xpressmusic, that has no Symbian but is cheaper and offers excellent music playback.

Sporting a touch-sensitive music scroll wheel, Samsung’s “Music Edition” i450 is the manufacturer’s first mobile phone released in India that runs on the Symbian operating system. This dual slider also features HSDPA connectivity, a 2-megapixel camera and a 1GB microSD card for storage.

It's nice phone. I think camera should have more than 3 megapixel.

It's realy nice design phone. I like this phone..