Thread: How to get python after flashing in Nokia N900

How to get python after flashing in Nokia N900

After flashing my Nokia N900 through the FIASCO/Rootfs image as well as eMMC the python application is missing. Installing applications depend on python like jamendo, application manager display not capable to install owing to absent package which is "python 2.5-xml" Is that known as a flashing procedure error? So I must re-flash once more the device or what ? " FIASCO/Rootfs as well as eMMC images confirmed by MD5 also I followed the proper instructions ". So provide me some suggestion on this thread.

Re: How to get python after flashing in Nokia N900

I think that you can get packages installed with the help of the dpkg (which doesn't determine dependencies). If you make use of the apt-get to install a package for the python application then it has access to precisely the similar dependencies when running the initial command as the second command in your application of the python, so if one not succeed regularly then the other will also unsuccessful (in fact, I'm quite sure that apt-get will refuse to install application or the packages in your first command due to the absent dependencies).

You will require to install the application it is missing then again try it in xterminal what u desire to install e.g touch search apt-get install touch search following it says missing dependencies leaving unarranged type than apt-get -f install only that will solve the problem. it will mysteriously find the necessary despondencies for the subsequent apt-get command but not succeed to discover them for the first? Anyhow, according to the python2.smallest edition required is presently in extras-experiment as well as the extras-devel, so you could attempt to enabling one of those for the time being.

I attempted to install BarrioSquare software application in python , and I get an installation problem describing that: Conflict among application packages: python2.5-qt3-gui(4.7-maemo5). I don't imagine knowing what that package is, nor do I know no matter which concerning debian packages, apt-get alternatives, etc. I'm convinced there is a straightforward technique around this, but at present I can't install BarrioSquare and this aggravate me (to some extent).

It seems to be a packaging error, the correct course of action is to file a bug report against the application(s) that use python2.5-xml (as apparently that one has been deprecated around the release of PR1.2 in favor of python-xml). This package name is now denounce, you need to use the python-xml package for mounting new software.
    Segment:
    Python Repository: Fremantle SDK armed
    Maintainers Depends: python-xml (2.5-7.10)
    Size: 12402bytes
    MD5sum:
    3539fb6d08be75feb4973a9058e6a480
    File: python 2.5.xml