Thread: Which linux distro should install for maemo SDK

Which linux distro should instead of maemo SDK

I currently have a Maemo SDK installed on a virtual machine in Virtual Box. I had installed various applications on the maemo SDK platform. I want to know that which Linux distro is better to install on the maemo SDK environment. Is there any need to update the maemo sdk in order to have a proper installation of the linux distro. Or should use the different maemo SDk for the Linux distro and vice versa? I m planning to download Kubuntu so that I have qt library already install. So pleae let me know through your suggestion what should I must do to get the Linux distro working on the maemo SDK.

Re: Which linux distro should install for maemo SDK

The Maemo 5 SDK update 7 is obtainable for the linux distro to work properly in the SDK environment. This edition of the SDK offers developers through the software conveyed in the sixth software revise to the Nokia N900 mobile PC (PR 1.3, version 1.2011.36-2). For developers, the major characteristic of the update is the addition of Qt 4.7.0. as well as Qt APIs for Mobile Development 1.0.2 which is well known distro used in the globe. For developers who have previously installed a previous edition of the SDK (update 3 or later), the update can be get hold of using the apt package management tool in scratchbox.

You can skip over Ubuntu(Linux) distro as well as go right to Debian for the maemo sdk to work efficiently in your mobile. Debian is what Ubuntu is based on, it is extensively used on servers, and is in addition simple to install. It can also work fine in the maemo environment very easily and that to with no harms. Debian has the biggest amount of packages available distro for the maemo, supports the majority architecture for the SDK environment, and is the most free distro in provisions of software freedom.

Yesterday I installed linux mint in the maemo sdk environment, afterwards I run the gui installer (it is basically a python script which specially helps to have a proper user interface) and now i have my scratchbox as well as emulator working. but no application to expand in c++/qt? Do i require installing physically Qt Creator? In my Scratchbox I cannot execute the qmake. Is there several good links to appreciate how to generate an inclusive development environment (c++/qt) for Nokia? So please provide me some thought on this post.

To build qt application for Maemo 5, you have 4 ways to do it:

1. You have to install scratchbox, Maemo SDK as well as in SDK establish libraryqt4-dev. Copy your project to anywhere you can observe it in scratchbox and assemble it within scratchbox.
    2. After you will require to Install MADDE-application (you can come across guide for it someplace). It works in Windows as well as in Linux.
    3. Install Nokia Qt SDK and during installation choose Maemo Toolkit (i consider it uses madde-app also).
    4. Installing the Nokia Qt SDK as well as choose investigational tools as well as Qt distant Compiler.