Thread: which camcorder to buy?

which camcorder to buy?

I'm looking for a camcorder up to £650, I used to have a JVC with mini dv tape. Any advice on which manufacturer and which format to aim for.
    Thank you

What type of videos do you plan to make? Do you want to get into editing or just want to shoot and playback? Are you looking for convenience or are you looking for a camcorder with more manual control?

At the moment I need one for my holidays and family use. I would like to get into editing at a later date, and nothing to complicated to use.
    Thanks

How did you find mini DV was it alright or was it a lot of bother having lots of tapes lying around, trying to find the bit of video you wanted to capture, rewinding them, accidentally recording over bits you wanted to keep? If you want to get into editing, have higher than normal quality video to begin with and you can put up with the nuisance level of mini DV then I would suggest going for mini DV again.

You could go for hard disk or even mini DVD but personally I think they have a higher level of let's call it torture in terms of getting video from the camcorder to the computer (some of them have really obscure video file formats). If you prefer hard disk or mini DVD you can use the latest version of Sony Vegas, other forum members swear by it. You should do some posting on the Sony Vegas section of the forum and see what responses you get there before making your mind up as this is a more general questions section.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

shelley88 Guest
    what kind of model do you like ?if your really want to buy a camera .I think that this is a very easy thing .
    As your know .there have a lot of suppy which deal in the electronics in the world .
    but As for me the china market is the best for me
    because I bought a camera last mouth from the china supply in the internet.
    AS for me the product seems works very well and very satiesfied with me .
    http://www.onvon.com/digital-camerac...a-c-71_72.html
    if you have a interesting in it .maybe you should to visit it in you sparetime.
    ha ha .better life and better electronics.
    hi hi .happy go go