Thread: Installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

Installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

This is a discussion thread for all those who are willing to test Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Luckily a leaked ROM is available which is released by SamMobile. This ROM offers a stock edition of Android 5.0 Lollipop Rom for Note 3. But it only works on SM-N900. So it is very important to check before installation. This thread is open to all for those who want to test can go ahead reading the guide on TechArena Portal. I am giving you a link below that will take you on TechArenaIndia Youtube channel. This video shows you a full process of installation. Also under the download section you can find Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop ROM Package.

Click here to check a tutorial video

Re: Installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

I had done the update as per your video and thanks for the guide also that I found on Techarena.in. But there is one big issue I am facing. I think my Note 3 is working extremely slow after this new Android Lollipop update. Before it was working fine. I turned of mobile data, wifi, location and all gesture settings. But still it is slow. I am unable to figure out why it is slow. Does Note 3 is not having enough hardware to run Lollipop rom properly.

Re: Installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

The issue is with Knox in Note 3. That is why you are facing problem with the device performance. Like the battery life and other stuff. If you remove Knox then it will work lot more better. Knox offer you more powerful security settings. And if you are not really using it then I do not think you will require this in future. For removing that you have to go in Knox settings. For that press the Menu key on the home screen and from there at the bottom you can see About Knox. Tap on that. Then scroll down and uninstall the same. This will improve your device performance and also its battery life.