Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Nexus 9 tablet

Portable Devices

Old 04-12-2014

How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Nexus 9 tablet

I am using a Nexus 9 tablet and am searching for a way to watch Amazon Prime Video on this device. I just recently installed this Amazon app which is a phone version and not the tablet version and also installed Prime Instant video on my Nexus 9 using the Amazon app store. But the video option seems to be missing from the menu. In my previous tablet I was able to watch the Prime Video using this Amazon app. So why this is not working in the new Nexus 9? If anyone knows of a solution then please let me know about it. Thanks

Old 05-12-2014

Re: How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Nexus 9 tablet

I dont think that Amazon Prime Video will work on your Nexus 9 tablet. Even when you sideload the Amazon Instant Video apk file and run it still you will come across an error message that it is not supported. This Prime Streaming app from Amazon on android seems to work for smartphones only and not for tablets. People with Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 seems to have side loaded the phone app in the same device and get video streaming working properly. On the Nexus 9 Amazon looks to have blacklisted the device.
Old 06-12-2014

If you are having an old firmware on your Nexus 9 then it might be the reason why the video is not streaming properly. So, to play videos you will need to get the latest firmware from Google and wipe all your Nexus 9 devicec and then install the latest firmware. After that try side loading the Amazon Prime app and it will not show the unsupported device message and will now play all the amazon prime videos properly.
Old 08-12-2014

Even I got the Amazon Prime Video app working on my Nexus 9 tablet. First of all you need to uninstall the amazon app from your device. After that install the amazon app-shop from amazon website or else from here - http://www.amazon.de/gp/mas/get/andr...g=an-artikel21. Now try to install the amazon app from the app-shop app and not from Google Play Store. After that install te amazon instant video app from amazon app-shop application and have fun watching the videos.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,