Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2014

How you manage your contacts on Android device

There are two android device at my home. One is my android phone and the second one is a android tablet. Now my sister uses the tablet pc and I have the phone. I am using a single email id in both of them. I do not know what happen I can see a lot of un-necessary contacts in my phone book. After checking I found the contacts are coming from the tablet. My sister imported her all contacts for WhatsApp chatting. And all those contacts are now in my mobile phone and it is very irritating to get rid of the same. I am not able to remove it. Even if I delete them they come back. I just have some 45 contacts which are needed. Others are rubbish.
Old 28-10-2014

Re: How you manage your contacts on Android device

That is because your gmail id is configured for syncing contacts. It is a good thing. Because you are always having a contact backup in your phone and that helps a lot. Now to get rid of that there are few things you have to do. First change the gmail id of tablet pc. Add a new one. In your pc, go to your Gmail id. There on the left side click on a tiny arrow next to Gmail and there click on Contacts. You can see the list of contacts there and you can delete all those you dont want by adding a tick on that. It is very fast and accurate and works well. It might take some time but this is the best option.
Old 28-10-2014

Re: How you manage your contacts on Android device

I am using the default Gmail id for managing my contacts. What I do I create all the new contacts in the phone book under Gmail. When you add a new contact you get a popup box where you have to choose the default storage. So there choose your gmail id not phone book or sim. And then add a contact. It will get updated on Gmail. Next thing you can do is export a csv file or just add your gmail id in any other device and the job is done. Contacts are updated. It also keep a backup of your contact photos. It is the fastest way and you dont have to rely on any other third party apps.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,